• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
On February 19, one of the largest bank heists in history was pulled off and almost no one noticed. No getaway vehicles were left idling, no guns were pointed, no panic buttons were pressedóbut somehow several crews in two dozen countries working in perfect precision walked away with $40 million in cash.

http://gawker.com/this-perfectly-timed-40-mil-global-cyber-heist...

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

that's not a robbery, since there was neither force nor fear.

"bitch, give me your debit card and PIN, or I'll chop off your arm with this here machete, and use my size 14 kicks to curb stomp your infant son."

that's a robbery.

recklessmax said:    no guns were pointed

not true. The leader of the NYC cell was killed by two masked men with machine guns in Guatamala while he was playing dominoes.

imbatman said:   recklessmax said:    no guns were pointed

not true. The leader of the NYC cell was killed by two masked men with machine guns in Guatamala while he was playing dominoes.

That is the aftermath of the crime, not the crime itself.

We don't know yet if it was cell members turning against each other or if it was other criminals who found out the guy was sitting on a ton o cash.

mactv said:   imbatman said:   recklessmax said:    no guns were pointed

That is the aftermath of the crime, not the crime itself.

We don't know yet if it was cell members turning against each other or if it was other criminals who found out the guy was sitting on a ton o cash.

The FBI report I read indicated it was shortly after arrests were being made. My guess is he was the only guy from the NYC cell that had any sort of information about the organizers of everything, and he was killed to prevent that info from getting the authorities.

Plus, it would all be part of the same movie, so guns were involved .

imbatman said:   recklessmax said:    no guns were pointed

It wasn't Guatemala, it was Dominican Republic...the Dominoes part was spot on though

You're right. Said Guatemala. Meant DR.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014