• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Asked the cameraman and he said my Neighbor's foreclosed house will be on a HGTV show flipping pilot! Will have to put up with traffic etc on our quiet street. on the "flip" side anyway to benefit from this?

I hope it improves my comps. Just heard one of the actors announcing that it's their 100th rental, so might be another theme though.... Rental bubble just like the "flipping" bubble

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Everyone who drives by his house knows exactly where he lives too.

dishdude (May. 12, 2013 @ 6:35p) |

Or give away the water first, then charge for the bathroom.

gingermae (May. 13, 2013 @ 9:41a) |

Even more scary: The Gov't knows where he lives!!

Bizatch (May. 13, 2013 @ 9:44a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sell lemonades outside your house.

anthonyu said:   Sell lemonades outside your house.

It is hot outside. $10 a glass could be profitable

Have a per-visit bathroom fee.

When they get close to completion, put a bunch of scrap cars and old washing machines in your front/back yard.

Offer to remove them for a nominal fee lol.

Ga. police shut down girls' lemonade stand

Offer to rent out your garage, drive way, lawn, etc for the film crew.

I think people are already drastically overestimating the scope of this production. I'm thinking "flip this house" with a cameraman and a sound guy and maybe a third support person, not "extreme makeover" with multiple film crews and a 300-person workforce.

Glitch99 said:   I think people are already drastically overestimating the scope of this production. I'm thinking "flip this house" with a cameraman and a sound guy and maybe a third support person, not "extreme makeover" with multiple film crews and a 300-person workforce.
And probably no on-lookers.

Glitch99 said:   I think people are already drastically overestimating the scope of this production. I'm thinking "flip this house" with a cameraman and a sound guy and maybe a third support person, not "extreme makeover" with multiple film crews and a 300-person workforce. Not only that but small thinkers. You get cozy with female or male host of show, your preference, dump your family and move to hollywood, marry him or her, and then divorce in short order, taking half. Especially true if your female, lol.

I heard a BBC radio news report yesterday that parents in the United Kingdom are paying $7500 to get their kid (around 18 - 22 years old) a ONE WEEK unpaid "internship" at a major London company (big investment bank, big law firm, big advertising agency, that kind of thing).

In that vein, maybe with this production company, you could line up a little helping postion/lunch-serving role/volunteer errand-running post for a kid of yours (if you have any) or a relative's kid. It might give them a leg-up in terms of college applications or whatever.

Matter of fact, there probably would be college-age or post-college & unemployed folks in their 20s [or 50s, ha ha, sob sob ] who would want to do that, if you know of any.

Write a blog about what's going on next door to your house and then find a way to monetize it. Heck, maybe they will give you a job to do it on a regular basis for other houses/shows.

Charge people $20 to park on your lawn

Al3xK said:   When they get close to completion, put a bunch of scrap cars and old washing machines in your front/back yard.

Offer to remove them for a nominal fee lol.

Just sell it to them, so they have to remove it when they take delivery! Saves you the cost and trouble of disposal.

Glitch99 said:   I think people are already drastically overestimating the scope of this production. I'm thinking "flip this house" with a cameraman and a sound guy and maybe a third support person, not "extreme makeover" with multiple film crews and a 300-person workforce.

there were atleast 20 CREW members out there today. Guy letting go of balloons on camera saying my "100th rental" Not happy about my street becoming a "rental home" street. Even Beazer homes had a rental here

sell bath towel/wash cloth combos to the cast and crew for $10

How about giving a free water bottle when they use your bathroom for a fee?

I was on Ax Men last week.

where in AZ?

vickh said:   Glitch99 said:   I think people are already drastically overestimating the scope of this production. I'm thinking "flip this house" with a cameraman and a sound guy and maybe a third support person, not "extreme makeover" with multiple film crews and a 300-person workforce.

there were atleast 20 CREW members out there today. Guy letting go of balloons on camera saying my "100th rental" Not happy about my street becoming a "rental home" street. Even Beazer homes had a rental here

Shitzer is in the rental business now?

Here is the menu for you to sell

$5 cheeseburgers
$3 hot dogs
$4 beer
$2 soda

Mulligan said:   where in AZ?

Prob Peoria/Deer Valley

Don't know if OP is joking or not, but I don't see one single car driving by this house because it was featured for 5 minutes on a third rate cable channel. There is a Southern Living Idea House in my town and it was rocking for only a few weeks with drive bys.

vickh said:   Asked the cameraman and he said my Neighbor's foreclosed house will be on a HGTV show flipping pilot! Will have to put up with traffic etc on our quiet street. on the "flip" side anyway to benefit from this?

I hope it improves my comps. Just heard one of the actors announcing that it's their 100th rental, so might be another theme though.... Rental bubble just like the "flipping" bubble

What rental are they talking about? The show's been on for a while, I don't understand what the pilot aspect is either. Must be a different flipping show. Are these people flipping rentals, shows?

I mean, they run their tanks through there. Occasionally, they stop for a little lemonade, but whatís that? Thatís a buck fifty. You canít make much from that.

BilldaCat said:   anthonyu said:   Sell lemonades outside your house.

I mean, they run their tanks through there. Occasionally, they stop for a little lemonade, but whatís that? Thatís a buck fifty. You canít make much from that.

Lace them with diuretics, then charge $15 to use the bathroom.

Debatably unethical, but not much different than bars that give away salty peanuts for free...

When the show airs, everyone will know exactly where you live. Alt-ID's are perfect for posts that are pretty specific to your home address.

RedCelicaGT said:   When the show airs, everyone will know exactly where you live. Alt-ID's are perfect for posts that are pretty specific to your home address.

geewitz123 said:   How about giving a free water bottle when they use your bathroom for a fee?

Or give away the water first, then charge for the bathroom.

dishdude said:   RedCelicaGT said:   When the show airs, everyone will know exactly where you live. Alt-ID's are perfect for posts that are pretty specific to your home address.

Even more scary: The Gov't knows where he lives!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014