• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FatWallet Checkout
I didn't see an official announcement except this. Anyone tried it and can comment on their experience?

Member Summary

Fatwallet Checkout: New Checkout Service from FatWallet.com
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

dmikester10 (May. 16, 2013 @ 12:33p) |

flyertalk

soxfan1 (May. 16, 2013 @ 12:50p) |

I use fatwallet, but my CashBack has never equaled a significant amount. I do try to use fatwallet though since i figur... (more)

LordB (May. 16, 2013 @ 7:35p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Call me if/when this helps you get your payout faster than the months that it currently takes.

What is the churn strategy?

First I've heard of it. Interested to know, as well.

tomjef said:   What is the churn strategy?
I'll give you a hint: Nordstrom.

tomjef said:   What is the churn strategy?As always -- to buy some money for less money.

KYBOSH said:   Call me if/when this helps you get your payout faster than the months that it currently takes.

" Instant Cash Back tracking
Since we complete the purchase, we can credit your Cash Back immediately. "

Operative word is can, not will.

Another place to have your CC info stored, so when its hacked........... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

from the Fatwallet Checkout FAQ

Why does my Cash Back say "Processing"?
FatWallet Checkout knows that a purchase has been made, so we
immediately add Cash Back to your account under a "Processing" status. Once
your store reports your purchase to us we then replace "Processing" Cash Back
to "Pending" Cash Back

Isn't this the current process? You just don't have to remember to come to FW first and click on a merchant link.

jimates said:   from the Fatwallet Checkout FAQ

Why does my Cash Back say "Processing"?
FatWallet Checkout knows that a purchase has been made, so we
immediately add Cash Back to your account under a "Processing" status. Once
your store reports your purchase to us we then replace "Processing" Cash Back
to "Pending" Cash Back

Isn't this the current process? You just don't have to remember to come to FW first and click on a merchant link.
I agree, similar process without the initial link to set the FW cookie. This waiting for the merchant to confirm sounds redundant and conflicts with the immediacy mentioned earlier. It should go straight to Pending status once the transaction completes, waiting for the return period to pass,

I wouldn't trust it. I still remember those companies who would raise their prices equal to the Fat Wallet CashBack to cheat Fat Wallet members. If you went directly to their website something would cost $100. If you went through Fat Wallet with 3% CashBack, the price was then $103. Fat Wallet hemmed and hawed with no intention to refund all the money that the members were cheated out of until it became a major uproar and then Fat Wallet started removing posts and banning members who complained about it.

Fatwallet is literally the last place I go for Cash Back.
I've literally signed up for hole in the wall, flyby night CB websites in order to avoid these guys.

Is this supposed to be a competitor to Google Checkout? I simply cannot foresee this being successful. It is amazing how FW has lost it's edge in the last few years - I still come here once in a while, largely out of habit, but rarely do I spot something here before I do so at another website.

KYBOSH said:   Fatwallet is literally the last place I go for Cash Back.
I've literally signed up for hole in the wall, flyby night CB websites in order to avoid these guys.

Is this a joke? You realize what website you're on?

lithdoc said:   Is this supposed to be a competitor to Google Checkout? I simply cannot foresee this being successful. It is amazing how FW has lost it's edge in the last few years - I still come here once in a while, largely out of habit, but rarely do I spot something here before I do so at another website.

I can't comment about hot deals, but I think FWF is the best financial deals forum on the web. FT and SD pale in comparison (not to mention FT forum software sucks).

Does FW track purchases? Last few times I bought using FW link + notes I never saw it in my account. Ah well.

ironfist99 said:   lithdoc said:   Is this supposed to be a competitor to Google Checkout? I simply cannot foresee this being successful. It is amazing how FW has lost it's edge in the last few years - I still come here once in a while, largely out of habit, but rarely do I spot something here before I do so at another website.

I can't comment about hot deals, but I think FWF is the best financial deals forum on the web. FT and SD pale in comparison (not to mention FT forum software sucks).

What's FT?

ironfist99 said:   lithdoc said:   Is this supposed to be a competitor to Google Checkout? I simply cannot foresee this being successful. It is amazing how FW has lost it's edge in the last few years - I still come here once in a while, largely out of habit, but rarely do I spot something here before I do so at another website.

What deals? It's mostly auto accidents and armchair legal advice now.

FutureDilemma said:   What's FT?

Where exploits go to die.

qcumber98 said:   What deals?
Guns.

It makes sense that most of the FW community believes that FW CashBack is the best.. Sadly, they're wrong..

FW CashBack is one of the worst. For 98%+ of the places I shop, I can get higher CashBack percentages elsewhere. Never had a problem getting all of my CashBack from the 3 other portals I use.

Now that eBates has purchased FW, and is slowly killing it off with all the ads, and promotion of places like Monster, I'm just here to watch the slow train wreck that will eventually lead to it's demise.

lithdoc said:   Is this supposed to be a competitor to Google Checkout? I simply cannot foresee this being successful. It is amazing how FW has lost it's edge in the last few years - I still come here once in a while, largely out of habit, but rarely do I spot something here before I do so at another website.

Agree +1

I come mainly to catch up on the FWF discussions.

Bizatch said:   It makes sense that most of the FW community believes that FW CashBack is the best.. Sadly, they're wrong..

FW CashBack is one of the worst. For 98%+ of the places I shop, I can get higher CashBack percentages elsewhere. Never had a problem getting all of my CashBack from the 3 other portals I use.

Now that eBates has purchased FW, and is slowly killing it off with all the ads, and promotion of places like Monster, I'm just here to watch the slow train wreck that will eventually lead to it's demise.

I'm a bit of a noob at the whole CB thing. Can you let me know what the other portals are?

FutureDilemma said:   
What's FT?

flyertalk

I use fatwallet, but my CashBack has never equaled a significant amount. I do try to use fatwallet though since i figure they should get something for all the time spend modding my posts (though sometimes I think I should be getting paid by them given the # of spam I report).

Anyways one day maybe I will try to cash in the $40 I have made here over 5 years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.