• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received an offer by mail today for my discover card - spend $3,000 per month from June 1 - November 30 and receive an additional $500 Cash Back.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Had my hopes up there for a minute..thought it was a new app offer.

That's a helluva lot spending!

It is a lot, I'm able to use my card to pay my rent though which is a big help.

These offers have been floating around for awhile. Seems like they all are around 3% Cash Back. Then you try to increase it as much as possible with the 5% categories and shopdiscover.

I had one on my Discover Biz card last year for 1500 in spend for 3 months, which was pretty easy.

Just finished my spend $1k by June 30 and receive $100 bonus offer. You might be able to request that instead if you call them, if you don't plan to spend $9,000 by the end of August.

That's a minimum of $18,000 of spending, making it 2.78% CB plus whatever category bonuses you can get. You'd make just as much just by getting one new AMEX MR or Chase Ink and hitting $2k or $5k of spending and then cashing out the points. More if you unload the points to a broker.

I got one back in December and I am almost through the spend period ending June 30. My parents received a similar one except it was $1k for 6 months instead of $3k so it might be worth calling in to see if you can get the reduced offer. I agree that $3k is a lot of spend, but $1k should be much more doable.

Shoot you got a good offer then...I just got one for spending $3,500 each month through January 2014!! I'll have to report if I'm successful switching to a more reasonable offer. This one seems like an offer that really isn't an offer. I'd have to force myself to spend way more than I do across all my cards combined just to get there

No luck in getting them to switch to a better offer. If it doesn't show as an offer tied to your account, it didn't sound like they had the flexibility to give you anything better

Got similar offer, no problems in spending $3000/month, thanks to MM, jungle payments and some ice cream sandwiches in the mix.

it is a good deal. I hope to get one

For those of you thinking ahead a few months for this bonus, Jungle spending for Q4 counted as "online purchases" kaching.

Spoke with a rep today. I mentioned that I never get these offers. He suggested sockdrawering the card (completely).
Marketing tends to give these offers to ppl who once used the card but are using another. Sure enough I have a reoccurring $30 charge going to my Discover card and use it occasionally for 5% CB. Will sockdrawer it now and hope for rain.

KYBOSH said:   Spoke with a rep today. I mentioned that I never get these offers. He suggested sockdrawering the card (completely).
Marketing tends to give these offers to ppl who once used the card but are using another. Sure enough I have a reoccurring $30 charge going to my Discover card and use it occasionally for 5% CB. Will sockdrawer it now and hope for rain.

Doubt it, they just harass me over my dormant card, sending duplicate cards, or renewing cards that still have years before they expire, interrogating me about lack of usage during activation. I could actually use this too, since I have home repairs

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014