• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi all,

I had several prepaid cards received early this year for the rebates during last Thanksgiving-Christmas time. They are symantec and TrendMicro rebates handled by rebateshq.com. Following earlier experience for conversion into checks, I called them in mid-Feb. and I was told to get response/checks in 10 business days. Since then, the nightmare began, every time I call, they either told me to submit them again or gave a fake check # for whichever rebate. For 12 cards, I have received 3 checks now. I have complained to BBB, they never respond to it. Now I just keep calling them....

Any ideas please? Anyone else had the same experience?

Sorry for a long story. Thanks for any suggestions.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ride them until you get your rigfully earned money.
Fill the internet with your horror story.
Hit them on twitter, facebook, etc.
Do an executive carpetbomb email campaign with details (names, dates, amounts, ppl and departments that have c-blocking you)
Continue your online complaint campaign (dont stip until your posts make to the first page of any search engine query of their name)

Never use this clown outfit again if you van help it.

Im actually aurprised as RebateHQ has bever been a problem with my rebate submissions.
Was there anything special about your rebates that would have cause such a fckup?

KYBOSH said:   Ride them until you get your rigfully earned money.
Fill the internet with your horror story.
Hit them on twitter, facebook, etc.
Do an executive carpetbomb email campaign with details (names, dates, amounts, ppl and departments that have c-blocking you)
Continue your online complaint campaign (dont stip until your posts make to the first page of any search engine query of their name)

Never use this clown outfit again if you van help it.

Im actually aurprised as RebateHQ has bever been a problem with my rebate submissions.
Was there anything special about your rebates that would have cause such a fckup?

It was all started after requesting for check conversion. However, it used to be pretty smooth and no questions asked. Now they still won't say no but let you hold forever plus cheating...(your check was sent out on......but you will never receive it).

File a complaint with the FTC and your State Attorney General's office. Both have actual ability to get this resolved for you, the BBB does not.

FWIW, when I get a rebate credit card I immediately turn it into an Amazon GC. It was a lot better deal before Amazon started charging tax here in TX, but I still shop there enough that the GC's are basically cash for me - perhaps there's another retailer that would suit you as well - everybody uses grocery stores, so that's another option.

Good luck, I hope they do what's right and get your money to you soon.

do they still let u convert to checks ... might try it...

Won2less... Just curious but how do you have so many rebates? 12 seems like a lot to me... But I don't rebate much. Maybe there's a max limit...?

won2less said:   They are symantec and TrendMicro rebates handled by rebateshq.com

I use free anti-virus programs so there are no rebates.

I have done many rebates with Parago over the years (I track every rebate I do) and never had a problem. I do prefer checks but since most rebate processor converted to debit cards I used to just use them at self checkouts that allow split tender (Home Depot, Kroger etc.). Now I just dump them on BB or AP to clear them out not a major deal and no more hassle than trying to get checks in my opinion. I don't think you experience is "normal" for Parago.

Just called them to try my luck.. Will update when I get'em

To me it's not worth the hastle to convert to a check. I just dump the money into a gift cert for my Amazon account and move on. But to each their own.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014