• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This was announced 5/15. Google Wallet has already existed, but now you can send/receive money to/from friends, and more specifically, emails, which most of us have multiple accounts...

http://news.yahoo.com/gmail-money-send-google-wallet-203616465.h...

http://www.google.com/wallet/send-money/

Executive summary: Free for bank accounts, 2.9% for credit cards (Min $0.30 or ~$10 total transaction).

I'd think google would be able to negotiate a lower interchange fee...I wonder if the 2.9% is to discourage churning or if they're trying to make a buck on it.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

vrb747 (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 6:00p) |

That's all well and good, but I don't care about the promotion at all. All I want is access to the money function. so if... (more)

slickdaddy96 (Jul. 18, 2013 @ 6:16p) |

Please can anybody  help me with a gmail send money feature invite by sending 0.1 and i will send $10 back..Pls PM me if... (more)

timcampbell (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 6:33a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Probably both to discourage and to make money.

So does it work with prepaid?

chantspel said:   So does it work with prepaid?

I'd guess no, unless perhaps you register the card. It asks for billing address. It was just announced.

Not sure why the thread got red...google wallet existed, but there wasn't a good way to send/receive money to/from people before. Somebody can figure out a trick for this.

nm

Now (as we've been hoping for years) they just need to setup Google Auctions.

FootInMouth said:   If you have send money option please PM me. Thank you.

Yes ditto. I've been trying to hit up some googler's to see if they'll send me $1 and I'll send them $2 back. Then I'll do the same for FW and scheme to make $0.70 per person will begin.

Al3xK said:   I'd think google would be able to negotiate a lower interchange fee...I wonder if the 2.9% is to discourage churning or if they're trying to make a buck on it.
They charg top tier Google Checkout businesses 1.9% and presumably still make money, so yeah, this is designed to be expensive.

Al3xK said:   FootInMouth said:   If you have send money option please PM me. Thank you.

Yes ditto. I've been trying to hit up some googler's to see if they'll send me $1 and I'll send them $2 back. Then I'll do the same for FW and scheme to make $0.70 per person will begin.

Please pm me when the scheme begins

I'm looking to test it out for myself, or for a confirmation, that these are not treated as a cash advance.

edit: this is good stuff! definitely not a cash advance

this is great, I chose Google over PayPal as the lesser of two evils

I'd pay upfront and additional money afterwards if someone can come through with an invite, just pm me

Unless that 2.9% is coded as Office Supplies I don't see this as helping our kind out much...

Mailman said:   Now (as we've been hoping for years) they just need to setup Google Auctions.

I would love to see how much eBay stock price drops if they announce that.

Alexsoccerboy said:   Unless that 2.9% is coded as Office Supplies I don't see this as helping our kind out much...

Over on FT they are saying the fees are not imposed during the introductory period. Said period has not been defined but folks there are reporting sending CC payments for no cost. Cannot test myself since I don't have the option.

Al3xK said:   FootInMouth said:   If you have send money option please PM me. Thank you.

Sign me up for giving you 70 cents

Why didn't I read this before buying 4 FAR things to meet my AMEX spending requirement.

PM me if you have send money option I will send back more money to you thanks

Alexsoccerboy said:   Unless that 2.9% is coded as Office Supplies I don't see this as helping our kind out much...
Nah, Office Supplies cap has already been reached. Grocery would be nice.

Maybe I misread but how are you all planing on making money off of this feature.

Can someone send me an invite?. I'll send back $2. Thanks.

Time to beef up Gmail password?

i'll send back $2.50
PM me

I'm also interested in getting in on the PM action.

EDIT: thank you for your generosity!

yOyOYoo said:   I'm also interested in getting in on the PM action.
a/s/l?

bytem3 said:   yOyOYoo said:   I'm also interested in getting in on the PM action.
a/s/l?
15/F/Chris Hansen's House

Crazytree said:   bytem3 said:   yOyOYoo said:   I'm also interested in getting in on the PM action.
a/s/l?
15/F/Chris Hansen's House

What do you take me for?! Everyone knows that there are no females on the Internet.

ETA: What was this thread about? I forget.
ETA2: If any HHs can spare $0.01 to send, I'd love to play around with Google Wallet .
ETA3: Thanks to the member that PMd me and sent me the invite. I declined it because I didn't realize that we had to give our DoB/SSN/etc in order to even just send money. I think I'll wait this out and see what happens.

Would love to test this out! Anyone with the ability to unlock me I will pay it back and some plus pay it forward! If any of us get unlocked please pass it on! Thanks in advance!

Feel free to PM when anyone has it as well, seems FlyerTalk doesn't have any current way of doing any sort of conga there yet...

edit: have it now, feel free to PM if needed

Put me on the PM list please.

Add me to PM list. I put a call out to Facebook friends asking if any had the feature turned on but so far nothing. Will gladly return the favor and pass along to someone else.

This thing must be rolling out ultra slowly. Can't believe no FW'ers have got it yet. I suppose once it it hits it will spread fast!

Send me PM if anyone needs wallet!

Very fortunate that a fellow FWF'er paid it forward. PM me for an invite with your gmail address. Your choice, pass it on or pay me back.

Is verifying identity (Wallet -> Settings -> Verify identity) required to use the Send Money feature?

Edit: dang. The answer is YES.

deleted

Have activated about 20 people. My good deed is done...

Well, if someone needs a payment, PM me.

mihiker said:   Very fortunate that a fellow FWF'er paid it forward. PM me for an invite with your gmail address. Your choice, pass it on or pay me back.

Paid it forward and sent to a fellow FW member.

Skipping 134 Messages...
Please can anybody  help me with a gmail send money feature invite by sending 0.1 and i will send $10 back..Pls PM me if u wanna help and my email is  oboijebu106@gmail.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014