Make 10 purchases on your Regions Visa® checkcard, and
Have direct deposits totaling $500 or more

With Regions LifeGreen Checking, you get:

Online Bill Pay
Mobile Banking
Option to receive Regions CashBack Rewards®
Visa® CheckCard

Plus access to over 2,100 Regions DepositSmart ATMsSM

For questions, call 1-800-4PC-BANK (800-472-2265)

Link

Should work for the following states: (AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA)

Member Summary

Regions $125 Bonus
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Promo code?

CSREwallet (Jan. 28, 2014 @ 2:15p) |

not specific to this bonus, but related. I signed up for the checking account this summer, got the bonus.
Just got an ema... (more)

imbatman (Feb. 25, 2014 @ 8:14a) |

March 1st: Finally received the income tax interest document in the mail from Regions for last year's checking account ... (more)

NantucketSunrise (Mar. 01, 2014 @ 4:30p) |

Previous thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1212087/

bharatiya said:   I did this 2 years back with a bank to bank transfer from ING Direct

You May Avoid Monthly Fee By Maintaining One Or More Of The Following:
LIFEGREEN CHECKING* Direct Deposit (at least one (1) payroll or government direct deposit per statement cycle of at least $500 or a combined amount of $1,000) OR a $1,500 average monthly statement balance in your LifeGreen Checking account

If earned, the bonus will be issued within 130 days of meeting these requirements, and will be in the form of a credit to the new Checking account, which must be open at the time the credit is issued.

Your routing and/or transit number is assigned based on the state in which you opened your account. View the list below to find your routing number.

State R/T
Alabama 062000019
Arkansas 082000109
Florida 063104668
Georgia 061101375
Illinois 071122661
Indiana 074014213
Iowa 073900438
Kentucky 083901744
Louisiana 065403626
Mississippi 065305436
Missouri 081001387
North Carolina 053012029
South Carolina 053201814
Tennessee 064000017
Texas 111900785
Virginia 051009296
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

LifeGreen Checking Account Fees1
Personal Pricing Schedule

We'll waive the applicable Monthly Fee ($8†2 with online statements or $10†3 with standard paper statements) on your LifeGreen® Checking account if you do ONE of the following:
Use Direct Deposit (at least one payroll or government direct deposit per statement cycle of at least $500 or a combined amount of $1000)
Maintain a $1500 average monthly statement balance in your LifeGreen Checking account

Closed account on 03/12 from the last deal. Might be a little to quick to apply again.

BTW, any direct deposit counts for fee waiver.

Hard pull?

* $125 bonus offer is non-transferable, may not be combined with any other offer, is available only to you (the individual to whom this online offer was presented), does not apply if you already have a Regions Checking account, and may be withdrawn at any time. To earn this bonus, you must meet all requirements of the offer described above within 60 days of opening your new account. If earned, the bonus will be issued within 130 days of meeting these requirements, and will be in the form of a credit to the new Checking account, which must be open at the time the credit is issued. This offer does not apply to PFS Checking accounts. All LifeGreen Checking accounts require a $50 minimum opening deposit.

thanks for the info.

Just set up my DD for some other deals... not a lot of info in the other thread if non-employer DD will work.
Anyone do this last time with something other than a standard DD?

I did this 2 years back with a bank to bank transfer from ING Direct

Can anyone who's taken advantage of this before confirm two things?

#1, no minimum length of time required to keep the account open before an early closure fee or yanking back the bonus?

#2, I forgot #2 as I was writing #1..

6 months condition last time

ziffy said:   Hard pull?

Unless things have changed since late last year there is only a ChexSystems inquiry.

BenH said:   thanks for the info.

Just set up my DD for some other deals... not a lot of info in the other thread if non-employer DD will work.
Anyone do this last time with something other than a standard DD?

Some reported fast awards without doing ANY DD. Everyone that did employer DD -that I am aware of- received the bonus (but at least one person had to request it). One person who tried ACH from ETrade reported being charged a monthly maintenance fee and said they would close the account but otherwise it seems ANY $500 ACH will waive the fee as DWooley stated above. No reports of not receiving the award although several had to request it after it was due.

BradisBrad said:   Can anyone who's taken advantage of this before confirm two things?

#1, no minimum length of time required to keep the account open before an early closure fee or yanking back the bonus?

Someone reported this - Early Closing Fee: ($25 if closed within 180 days of opening)

BradisBrad said:   Can anyone who's taken advantage of this before confirm two things?

#2 confirmed.

This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how are you guys figuring out the account number for these accounts that you're opening online?

None of the initial account opening info sent by mail had it, the website doesn't show it, and they won't give it to you over the phone. Other than driving 30 minutes to get to a branch, ideas? I am *hoping* the first statement has it.

BradisBrad said:   This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how are you guys figuring out the account number for these accounts that you're opening online?

None of the initial account opening info sent by mail had it, the website doesn't show it, and they won't give it to you over the phone. Other than driving 30 minutes to get to a branch, ideas? I am *hoping* the first statement has it.

log in, go to "Customer Service", then "My Profile", then 'Edit Account Name" to find it.

HSBC & PNC shows up like a transfer so I'm guessing this won't work.

PNCBANK XTRANSFR TRANSFER
HSBC ONLINE TRANSFER

Has anyone gotten their bonus yet?

BradisBrad said:   Has anyone gotten their bonus yet?

Still nothing for me. Just checked the fine print and it says that the bonus will be deposited within 130 days of meeting the requirements, so that will be 11/6/2013 for me.

It seems that the pattern is that if you don't get it right away you will need to wait and eventually call in and request it once the official waiting period is over (but you shouldn't worry about not receiving it if you've met the requirements).

I was surprised that I got my Regions bonus a while back, only about 5 weeks after fulfilling the bonus requirements of the direct deposit + debit card transactions.

I did this Regions offer and the Huntington Bank offer at the same time, and I must say the contrast was stark.

Right from the start, the Regions customer service people gave me inaccurate information. Each one would contradict what the one before had told me, as well (this was in a message-center "conversation" within my account on their website, so each one could read what I'd been previously told by his/her colleagues), so it wasn't even consistent.

They never sent the test deposits to my main bank account for the opening deposit (which they were supposed to -- it was part of the Regions account opening process to set that up, and everything was entered correctly), and the next week when I checked with them because the test deposits had not been received, they said that there was only a 5 day window right at the start of a new Regions account ever to be able to link another bank account to the Regions account (how does that make sense?), and then there was a rigamarole about making the opening deposit (which I won't describe here), but in the end I just did a push from an external account, which several of their customer service agents had explicitly told me would NOT be accepted as an opening deposit and that I shouldn't even attempt it, but their system did accept it as an opening deposit (which obviously makes sense, it's just "money in", it's all the same, I should think).

Plus, one can't transfer money via the Regions side in or out of any other account, which is not very helpful.

The Huntington account, on the other hand, was opened easily, everything worked, every interaction was professional, I got the bonus from them lightning-fast, it didn't** require fiddling around with using a debit card x number of times (like Regions does), their account doesn't charge any monthly fee (whereas Regions charges $8 if you don't do a direct deposit in that month), and they do free inbound and outbound transfers with one's other bank accounts (I think it's 8 free transactions in any 30-day rolling period). Additionally, they only take 2 days to move money to and from my main bank account, whereas for some weird reason every other institution always takes 7 business days to move money to and from my main bank account. I like the Huntington account more than I expected to, and I will hang onto it and keep using it after the 6-month requirement is up.

As always, I really appreciate the information people share on FW about these offers, most of which I wouldn't otherwise know about.

**Note: I think that FW folks who signed up for Huntington in the months before I did DID have a debit-card use requirement, but by the time I took up their offer, that was not a part of the deal. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1267562/

ziffy said:   Hard pull?
Opened an account recently for churning.  No hard pull.  Unfortunately for me, $125 bonus is expired.  Can fund up to $1000 with cc for each checking and savings account.

Anyone know a good way to transfer out funds?  They do allow pulling from other institutions, right?

jewsus said:   Anyone know a good way to transfer out funds?  They do allow pulling from other institutions, right?

Yes, no problem.

ThiftySpender said:   Still nothing for me. Just checked the fine print and it says that the bonus will be deposited within 130 days of meeting the requirements, so that will be 11/6/2013 for me.

I still haven't seen mine.. but I'm almost at 130 days. How about you or any others?

I sent them a secure message. They are escalating to the promotions department. I'll let you know what happens.

ThiftySpender said:   I sent them a secure message. They are escalating to the promotions department. I'll let you know what happens.

$125 Bonus just posted to my account as "Marketing Reward Marketing"

Just got my bonus after asking them to look into it via secure mail. Subsequently I called in to ask for my account to be closed, was really easy. All they wanted was account number and SSN.. Account closed 4 minutes later.

account opened 6/6
requirements met 7/30
bonus posted 9/16

Just received letter from Regions in the mail. Bonus is now $150.

nu2this said:   Just received letter from Regions in the mail. Bonus is now $150.
  Promo code?

not specific to this bonus, but related. I signed up for the checking account this summer, got the bonus.
Just got an email - the subject is "Check Out the Easy Way to Earn $10"
March 1 -March 31
Make 20 or more transactions of at least $10* each, and we'll deposit $10 into your Regions checking account

makes it a - spend $200 get 10 - or 5% CB on 200.
it does say "everyday purchases" and has images of gas/grocery/dining, but I don't find language that limits the spending to those categories.

March 1st: Finally received the income tax interest document in the mail from Regions for last year's checking account bonus

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014