• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

"Open your first new Citizens Bank personal checking account by May 31, 2013.

ENROLL in Online Banking and make 3 online bill payments GET $50
SET UP Direct Deposit and complete a single direct deposit of $500 or more to your new checking account GET $50
DO BOTH of the above GET $50
QUALIFY for online bill payments or direct deposit bonus open a savings account with Steady Save® and transfer at least $25 GET $25

THAT'S A TOTAL OF $175"

You must open your first new personal checking account between 4/22/13 and 5/31/13. Primary account holder may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months. Offer may be withdrawn without notice and cannot be combined with any other checking offer. Offer only available to the person who completes the required fields on this page, and the new account must be open and in good standing to qualify for this offer.

To earn the $50 Online Bill Pay Bonus: Enroll in Online Banking; use the Bill Pay service to schedule at least 3 bill payment transactions that post to and clear your checking account by 7/31/13. Bill payments must be initiated through the bank's Online Banking bill payment service and be made to 3 different payees and for recipients other than someone in your household.

To earn the $50 Direct Deposit Bonus: Have a single direct deposit of at least $500 post to and clear your account by 7/31/13. If you meet both the Online Bill Pay and Direct Deposit requirements you will earn an additional $50 bonus for a total of $150 in bonuses.

To earn the $25 Savings Bonus: Qualify for either the online bill pay or direct deposit bonus and open a savings account with Steady Save® between 4/22/13 and 5/31/13. Enrollment in Steady Save must occur at account opening and a Steady Save transaction of at least $25 that posts and clears by 7/31/13. Primary account holder on the savings or money market account may not be a signer on any other personal savings or money market account.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My $150 bonus posted.

camiolo (Sep. 20, 2013 @ 9:51p) |

$150 Renewed through 10/4.

Zaos (Sep. 20, 2013 @ 10:45p) |

Open your first new Citizens Bank personal checking
account by October 4, 2013 ($150 this time)

karatz (Sep. 21, 2013 @ 12:55a) |

Branches in New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't understand how to get the "steady save" option on-board. Can anyone clarify before I pull the trigger on this?

Is there a hard credit inquiry?

Hard Pull
Disclaimer
No bueno...

no go for cali

I did a similar offer a while back, and I believe it was indeed a hard pull. They did pay out on the entire bonuses, even if the promo was designed to extend over many months like this one for what it's worth, but previously it was $250 I believe.

No go for AZ...8(

Does an Ally push qualify as Direct Deposit?

Now the deadline is June 30th.

Data point: Opened a checking account in February under a similar promo ($150, no savings component). Bonus promised by June 30th. It posted today.

Buckmann said:   Data point: Opened a checking account in February under a similar promo ($150, no savings component). Bonus promised by June 30th. It posted today.

How did you satisfy the DD requirement?

MrNovember said:   Buckmann said:   Data point: Opened a checking account in February under a similar promo ($150, no savings component). Bonus promised by June 30th. It posted today.

How did you satisfy the DD requirement?

Gov't payment.

Extended to August 30th.

Anyone know if any external banks qualify for direct deposit? Last time I did this I used a real DD, but don't have the flexibility to change it at the moment.

Where did you guys see that it's extended to August 31st?

Anyone know how long it takes to get the money? My account has been open for about 6 weeks and I've met all the requirements. Not sure when I need to send them a secure message to PAY ME! Thanks!

jewsus said:   Anyone know how long it takes to get the money? My account has been open for about 6 weeks and I've met all the requirements. Not sure when I need to send them a secure message to PAY ME! Thanks!

Met all the requirements in May and still haven't gotten anything.

jewsus said:   Anyone know how long it takes to get the money? My account has been open for about 6 weeks and I've met all the requirements. Not sure when I need to send them a secure message to PAY ME! Thanks!

Here's the relevant fine print in the offer e-mail which I still have:

Bonus will be deposited into your qualifying checking account by 10/31/13 and will be labeled as "Balance Builder Bonus."

Dechan said:   

Bonus will be deposited into your qualifying checking account by 10/31/13 and will be labeled as "Balance Builder Bonus."

OHMYGOD!!!! TRIPLE B!!!!! 

Update: $150 bonus paid out 9/18.

Edit: I don't see any restrictions/fees on immediately withdrawing the funds and closing the account.

My $175 bonus posted 9/18 as well. I had almost forgotten about the checking because I was so focused on their wonderful 10% card. Guess this was the icing on my delicious vanilla cake.

when I opened my account in branch, the rep told me I should keep the account open for "at least 6 months." I got this far by not rocking the boat, so I don't mind having a few hundred parked for a few more months with the occasional debit purchase.

My $150 bonus posted.

$150 Renewed through 10/4.

Open your first new Citizens Bank personal checking
account by October 4, 2013 ($150 this time)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014