kardonick settlement check legit?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just received two checks from "Kardonick Settlement Administrator", are they legit (one for $75.XX, one for $15X.XX)? This is probably because I filled out claim form on line for "Kardonick Class Action Lawsuit" back some time in 2011. Any one else? Any idea?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Ah. I just cashed mine ($75 and some change) tonight and now I'm afraid it will bounce. Any updates?

sarieses (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 6:17a) |

Don't you think that if the checks were bouncing people would be posting here left and right?

heyeaglefn (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 7:15a) |

Don't be a jerk. I was referring to the poster who claimed their check bounced.

sarieses (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 8:59a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I also received two checks from Kardonick Settlement Administrator today. This is apparently the settlement check for the class action lawsuit against JP Morgan Chase for their credit protection service.

theboogeyman said:   I also received two checks from Kardonick Settlement Administrator today. This is apparently the settlement check for the class action lawsuit against JP Morgan Chase.

So, are we good to deposit them? Any negative consequences if we deposit them? Will they wipe out our checking account if it is a scam?

Bobobo said:   

So, are we good to deposit them? Any negative consequences if we deposit them? Will they wipe out our checking account if it is a scam?


I'm not sure yet. There is a website for the settlement and a FAQ which I am reading now.
http://www.kardonicksettlement.com/

theboogeyman said:   Bobobo said:   

So, are we good to deposit them? Any negative consequences if we deposit them? Will they wipe out our checking account if it is a scam?


I'm not sure yet. There is a website for the settlement and a FAQ which I am reading now.
http://www.kardonicksettlement.com/


I kinda do not trust that website. Well, I maybe over-cautious, please let me know what you think after the reading.

I'm pretty sure this is legit. I got a check for close to $350 today. I remember back when they sent out postcards for this I received 9 postcards. As I recall Chase used to offer $25 or $50 to sign up for this program, and I apparently did it on a bunch of cards!

Bobobo said:   theboogeyman said:   I also received two checks from Kardonick Settlement Administrator today. This is apparently the settlement check for the class action lawsuit against JP Morgan Chase.

So, are we good to deposit them? Any negative consequences if we deposit them? Will they wipe out our checking account if it is a scam?


Make sure you keep the check out of your wallet. It may have secret sensors that can steal your credit card pin numbers.


Seriously though, you are being paranoid. You filled out a class action form, you have access to the website, you received a check in the mail... what kind of long con do you think they are running on you?

Dang, DH and I just got checks for over $400! I'm going to cash them... I'm thinking I should be getting one more though.

Got one for $226. Not bad considering we got $25 each time too.

DW and I got ~$225 total. This payment protector BS was really the gift that kept giving. Some people must really have gotten screwed for them to be paying out this much. That, or only like 5 people who read FWF filed claims.

I got 4 checks of $75.61. Sweet 300+!!

Bobobo said:   
So, are we good to deposit them? Any negative consequences if we deposit them? Will they wipe out our checking account if it is a scam?


Paranoid much? Just cash them at your bank instead of depositing them if you really want. Make sure you cash them with your tin foil hat on however or they will empty out your safety deposit box too.

Just received 2 envelope checks and 3 postcard checks for a total of $500 made out to the wife and I. I love getting unexpected money (as opposed to unexpected bills).

I didn't get as much as everyone else is saying , but its still better than nothing. Does anyone know if we have to pay taxes on these? I believe so, I'm just not 100% sure. Thanks.

I rec'd one check for $75.61.

Not nearly as much as some of you, but I'm not complaining.

The question: was anyone brave enough to DEPOSIT any check received as of yet?

Just got a $15x.xx check and made money on the protector for the singups every time. Love getting paid to make green.

Bobobo said:   brave enough

??? I deposited these checks online as soon as I opened the envelope. What is there to be afraid of?

I'll take on the risk for you, Bobo. Just send me your checks and I'll deposit them. PM me for details.


Same thing here. Received 2 checks (me and DW) for some $75 and $150 (plus change). Looks legit to me. Although, I honestly expected to get something like $1.17 per card / case after all the lawyers fees, etc. Amazing ! Considering how many $20 sign-up checks I deposited for each card ... Maybe, that Credit Protector program really screwed somebody else, but in my world, it kinda rocks Keeps giving from the grave.

For those who received multiple checks, did you get them all at once or over several days? Thanks.

naas said:   I'll take on the risk for you, Bobo. Just send me your checks and I'll deposit them. PM me for details.

Yea, I remember when someone tried to do that at BOA. Didn't work out so well.

junxotron said:   For those who received multiple checks, did you get them all at once or over several days? Thanks.

Same day in my case.

Bobobo said:   The question: was anyone brave enough to DEPOSIT any check received as of yet?

I deposited the $453 check I got yesterday and today I was credited the full amount of the check. No problems whatsoever.

MrVietnam said:   Bobobo said:   The question: was anyone brave enough to DEPOSIT any check received as of yet?

I deposited the $453 check I got yesterday and today I was credited the full amount of the check. No problems whatsoever.


Says the people that cash a ton of credit protector checks in the first place

I'm still not sure of my $75 check. Am taking it to my fiancial advisor very soon...he also handles some of JP Morgan funds. I am skeptical of it. I don't remember filling out a settlement questionaire or anything like that. Could open up a can of worms. Montana Resident

Ha, I was really happy with my $37.81 and $75.62 until I came to this thread! I guess I should have paid more attention to those postcards forever ago - thought I got more than two, but maybe not.

I rec on for $37.81. I guess I will just take it to my bank in person an let them tell if it is legit or not. Or better yet I may just call chase and ask them about it.

California resident

My hubby did not get a check, but I got $226.83.

tracy7 said:   I rec on for $37.81. I guess I will just take it to my bank in person an let them tell if it is legit or not. Or better yet I may just call chase and ask them about it.

California resident


No avail - I went to my local Chase branch and they had no clue about it, however, the banker said to me: "I would go ahead to deposit it if I were you".

It may be a chance for me to open another checking account taking advantage of $125 bonus offer.

my hubby and i both received checks. just found out his bounced. reason shows "refer to maker". called 1800, it is automated, says to email or write to po box address. sent an email, we'll see if it gets handled. it was a $37 check, now plus $12 returned check fee. i'll let you know what happens.

carlosbridgett said:   ...reason shows "refer to maker".
What is God supposed to do about your settlement check?

carlosbridgett said:   my hubby and i both received checks. just found out his bounced. reason shows "refer to maker". called 1800, it is automated, says to email or write to po box address. sent an email, we'll see if it gets handled. it was a $37 check, now plus $12 returned check fee. i'll let you know what happens.

Good thing I didn't deposit mine yet. I'll wait to see if any other people have their checks bounce.

theboogeyman said:   carlosbridgett said:   my hubby and i both received checks. just found out his bounced. reason shows "refer to maker". called 1800, it is automated, says to email or write to po box address. sent an email, we'll see if it gets handled. it was a $37 check, now plus $12 returned check fee. i'll let you know what happens.

Good thing I didn't deposit mine yet. I'll wait to see if any other people have their checks bounce.


Any response yet?

Ah. I just cashed mine ($75 and some change) tonight and now I'm afraid it will bounce. Any updates?

sarieses said:   Ah. I just cashed mine ($75 and some change) tonight and now I'm afraid it will bounce. Any updates?

Don't you think that if the checks were bouncing people would be posting here left and right?

heyeaglefn said:   sarieses said:   Ah. I just cashed mine ($75 and some change) tonight and now I'm afraid it will bounce. Any updates?

Don't you think that if the checks were bouncing people would be posting here left and right?

Don't be a jerk. I was referring to the poster who claimed their check bounced.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014