• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
i received this email from Serve. my question is if anyone tried bank ACH as Direct Deposit (not payroll) and if this was accepted as Direct Deposit?

::

Now is a great time to enroll in Direct Deposit!

We'll give you a $50 account credit after your second Direct Deposit of $250 or more to your American Express® Serve Account, when received by September 30, 2013.1 With Direct Deposit and your Serve® Card, enjoy fast and easy access to your pay.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Did the AP --> Serve and it worked! I did the two payments of $250 on the same day (yesterday), and today I got the $50 ... (more)

noelandres (Sep. 26, 2013 @ 2:51p) |

I did exactly the same. Then I bill paid myself the total balance in my Serve account. Waiting on the check to be delive... (more)

rifleman940 (Sep. 26, 2013 @ 5:28p) |

Why did you request a check instead of withdrawing the money to your account directly?

noelandres (Sep. 26, 2013 @ 7:28p) |

1To receive the $50 credit from Serve, you must: (i) activate your Serve Card, (ii) successfully enroll in Direct Deposit that your employer participates in and (iii) receive a minimum of two qualifying Direct Deposit transfers of $250 or more to your Serve Account, the second of which must post on or before September 30 2013. A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer into your Serve Account. Transfers and loads from any other funding source (including P2P, credit or debit card, cash, bank account) do not qualify as load transactions to receive a credit. Funds transferred via Direct Deposit generally post on the day Serve receives the transfer from your employer. However, in some instances it may take several days for Serve to receive your employer's transfer, so please allow sufficient time for that process to occur. Statement credit will be posted to your Serve Account within thirty (30) days of your satisfying the above requirements. Limit one (1) $50 credit per Serve Account. Subaccount holders are not eligible to earn a credit. Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer(s).
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Oops, this thread hadn't been posted when I posted the offer in te two other Serve threads. Good question about alternative to employer DD. I might try it with a couple bank transfers. Not much risk if it doesn't work.

Is this worth the hassle for those not already using Serve? Any fees?

Does anyone know if PayPal counts as direct deposits for Serve?

Im going to give ING P2P a shot and see if it works. We have until Sept to figure this out.

Easy $50 if you have a biz account w. free payroll. Not sure if HSBC is still free (they wouldn't give me a biz account). Chase biz payroll is free for the first 3 months, normally $10 per month. I might re-enroll and hope they forget about my earlier promo. I find that the Serve card is heavily monitored regarding withdrawing money and types of credit/debit cards used.

Do you need to already have a serve account to get this?

is this what we have been reduced to? for heavens sake. what ever happened to the days when a $150-$200 bank promo was posted here every week?

OIiverQuackenbush said:   is this what we have been reduced to? for heavens sake. what ever happened to the days when a $150-$200 bank promo was posted here every week?

A house bubble popping and Quantitative Easing.

Going to try ACH push from CU, will update if it works...

<subscribe>

Looks like ACH push from CU is going to work seeing as the verification deposit is being registered as a DD in my serve account.

ChipLeader said:   Looks like ACH push from CU is going to work seeing as the verification deposit is being registered as a DD in my serve account.

Anyone know about Ally push?

any link to details?

huskyboy said:   any link to details?Its targeted so you need to have gotten an email from them to use the promo

Some banks (like Ally) will suspend transfers to prepaid cards. So it's safer to use Popmoney.

lokimoki said:   Some banks (like Ally) will suspend transfers to prepaid cards. So it's safer to use Popmoney.

Suspend?

MrNovember said:   lokimoki said:   Some banks (like Ally) will suspend transfers to prepaid cards. So it's safer to use Popmoney.

Suspend?

If they identify the linked account as a prepaid card, they disallow all transfers to that account. Considering the Serve qualifying terms, the best method is payroll. Probably a bad idea to call them and ask if your ACH qualifies.

Serve account shows:
"Direct Deposit HSBC ONLINE-TRIALCREDT"

I tried to do this with my CU and the trial withdrawal never posted to my Serve account.

$50 promo deposited almost immediately after 2nd ACH push of $251 from CU.

I received the email, as well, and I've personally just directed my employer to switch my DD to Serve. My first DD arrives this week.

ACH push from CU failed.

Failed to link with Fidelity

Linked fine with AP so hopefully that works for the bonus

Let me ask, is serve ACH like the roach motel? can money go in, but not come out (via ACH)?
or can I do an ACH transfer taking money from serve to my bank account.
I know its proper to try it yourself as opposed to wasting people's time asking a question. but if I do an ACH transfer that fails, my bank is going to charge me a returned check fee or some crap. So I'd prefer to be certain and keep my 50 free clams!

ChipLeader said:   $50 promo deposited almost immediately after 2nd ACH push of $251 from CU.

How close together (or far apart) were those deposit??

Some pre-paid cards disallow ACH pulls initiated by external banks. So in this case it's better to send money to Serve with popmoney, billpay or equivalent. If you want to withdraw, you can ACH push from Serve to a bank account "funding source" you established with Serve. Alternatively you can use MoneyPass ATMS for free or BillPay (same as Bluebird) or send money to another party.

KYBOSH said:   ChipLeader said:   $50 promo deposited almost immediately after 2nd ACH push of $251 from CU.

I'd be curious to know this as well

KYBOSH said:   ChipLeader said:   $50 promo deposited almost immediately after 2nd ACH push of $251 from CU.

As soon as one posted in Serve I initiate the other but the first posted on Friday so 4 days total.

OIiverQuackenbush said:   Let me ask, is serve ACH like the roach motel? can money go in, but not come out (via ACH)?
or can I do an ACH transfer taking money from serve to my bank account.
I know its proper to try it yourself as opposed to wasting people's time asking a question. but if I do an ACH transfer that fails, my bank is going to charge me a returned check fee or some crap. So I'd prefer to be certain and keep my 50 free clams!

I think you are correct because I noticed my CU was unable to withdraw their verification deposits which they normally do and stated they would do when I linked the account. So once I had the funds in Serve I pushed from Serve to be safe.

HSBC Suspended my Serve account after setup so I can't do transfers. Probably a similar issue as above, the trial deposits completed but there is no withdrawal.

PNC tell me Invalid ABA Number when I try.

Good news! AP works fine for the bonus

Jun 11, 2013 $255.00 Direct Deposit Amazon PAYMENTS-DEPOSIT
Jun 14, 2013 $275.00 Direct Deposit Amazon PAYMENTS-DEPOSIT
Jun 14, 2013 $50.00 Promo: Merchant Credit

Used Serve bill pay to send payment to CC to zero out the account (didn't want to risk getting account closed from transferring to bank account)

FWIW, I tried (before reading this thread :/ ) to add Serve to Ally as an external account. The trial deposits went through, but the next day Ally listed the account as "suspended", presumably because they couldn't withdraw the trial deposits back.
I tried to then send money to Serve using Ally's pop money, but it said that account was suspended (guess they're linked.)

Oh well. hopefully this info will help someone else.

Paypal transfers count as Direct Deposit and eligible for $50. I did the same and credited $50 bonus along with 2nd direct deposit.

so... paypal counts, even though it says it doesn't ?

Just confirming....

Dead?

MrNovember said:   Dead?Its targeted so only if you got the email

Oh thanks -- I posted in the wrong thread.

After using Serve's BillPay for the first time, I got an email to close the account because I also have Bluebird. Fortunately the bonus was already paid.

Skipping 31 Messages...
rifleman940 said:   
noelandres said:   Did the AP --> Serve and it worked! I did the two payments of $250 on the same day (yesterday), and today I got the $50 bonus. Thanks for the free money.

I did exactly the same. Then I bill paid myself the total balance in my Serve account. Waiting on the check to be delivered.

Why did you request a check instead of withdrawing the money to your account directly?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014