• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't know exactly where to put this, so if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize in advance, but I just logged into my Discover account and was looking at some places to shop and I noticed that Groupon was no longer under the 15% section. Groupons are now only worth 10%, but Groupon Goods and Getaways are no longer restricted. From SD:

Groupon

Earn 10% CashBack Bonus
+ Save More with Groupon Deals

Groupon features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in a variety of cities across the U.S., Canada, Europe and soon beyond.

Offer not valid on Epic Deals, Groupon Gift Cards, Groupon Reserve and Charity Promotions
Offer not valid on shipping, taxes, or other service fees
Offer is not valid in combination with any offers found outside ShopDiscover
Must link to retailer site from the ShopDiscover Web page found at Discover.com and use your Discover card for each transaction
Offer is subject to change, including termination, without notice
Merchants may change their prices at any time; CashBack Bonus is calculated on the merchant site price if different from what is seen on ShopDiscover
The promotional CashBack Bonus will be applied to your account within 8 weeks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Groupons in general have stunk for the last 6 months to a year..

Now, lowering the CashBack is just another nail in this coffin.

Bizatch said:   Groupons in general have stunk for the last 6 months to a year..

Now, lowering the CashBack is just another nail in this coffin.

I guess that depends on where you live. I just got a $110 discount on a season pass for my local aquarium and zoo. Although lowering the Cash Back isn't good by any means, the fact that Getaways and goods are no longer restricted is intriguing.

Bizatch said:   Groupons in general have stunk for the last 6 months to a year..

+1 in AZ

The only Groupons I've bought in recent memory were a couple for one restaurant. The restaurant has the same Groupon offer going on for at least half the year. The food is decent, but overpriced. The 50% off Groupon (plus 15% - and now 10% ShopDiscover CB) makes it a more fair value.

ETA: That, and they also accept AMEX, are a valid SBS location, and sell gift cards .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014