Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

EXPIRES SOON: $200 when you open a checking account with Fifth Third bank

5 of 12
TheDiggler
6/13/13 6:38 PM
Opened an account over the phone using the MA code listed in the OP. Never received a postcard.

In addition to all other term & conditions posted previously in this thread, the phone rep advised that the account needs to remain open for 90 days, otherwise the $200 bonus will be taken away upon account closing. Forgot to ask if the accounts are FDIC Insured, but Fifth Third's web-site states on their home page that they're an FDIC member (see lower right-hand corner of main site). Previously in this thread, "invetsment" accounts were listed as not having FDIC coverage. A checking account is not an "investment" account, so hopefully it's FDIC insured.
fattywallace
6/13/13 7:00 PM
ahmadcpa said:   

Caution: Not FDIC insured...may lose value.

Who cares if the reason to open the account is to get the bonus? No need to deposit millions if so, therefore; FDIC does not come into play and can go pound sand.
myndreamland
6/13/13 9:23 PM
Why the talk about FDIC insured? The checking is FDIC insured. The previous quote about not FDIC insured pertains to the fine print for the investment account.
skunker
6/15/13 9:36 AM
I used the code that OP posted and I successfully set up a new checking account (basic 'eaccess' option) over the phone. Thanks, Op! PS> I live in Midwest and have a bank a few blocks down, so it was a no-brainer for me.
radiation
6/17/13 9:19 AM
Any deadline (expiration date) listed on the postcard?
Also, what options for funding were given when opening by phone? Thanks.
bkann
6/17/13 11:48 AM
The only funding options I was given over the phone was either mailing in a check or dropping one off at a branch. No credit/debit funding or even bank to bank transfers.
brettdoyle
6/17/13 12:39 PM
myndreamland said:   

Why the talk about FDIC insured? The checking is FDIC insured. The previous quote about not FDIC insured pertains to the fine print for the investment account.

And investment accounts typically have SIPC insurance
ThiftySpender
6/17/13 12:42 PM
No go in Washington, DC. They told me you need to be within a 50 mile radius of a branch or within a state they do business in.
Sam9477Q
6/20/13 3:26 PM
on the postcards what are the deadline dates you must open the account by?
radiation
6/24/13 1:33 PM
Push from alliant triggers bonus.
5 of 12
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.