• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Can anyone post a scan of the postcard?

Ads by Google
rated:
You don't need the postcard to open the account. I opened an eaccess checking account over the phone and gave the promotion code. Did an ACH push from Ally a few days ago and $200 bonus showed up in my account today.

rated:
bkann said:   You don't need the postcard to open the account. I opened an eaccess checking account over the phone and gave the promotion code. Did an ACH push from Ally a few days ago and $200 bonus showed up in my account today.

I was more curious to see what's written on the card. I was paid a bonus on an account opened last March and closed in August. Just wanted to be sure they don't have any clauses pertaining to previous bonuses or accounts...

rated:
Does Paypal ACH/ Amazon Payment and/or ING P2P work as DD? For bonus requirement? TIA

rated:
depreshun said:   bkann said:   You don't need the postcard to open the account. I opened an eaccess checking account over the phone and gave the promotion code. Did an ACH push from Ally a few days ago and $200 bonus showed up in my account today.

I was more curious to see what's written on the card. I was paid a bonus on an account opened last March and closed in August. Just wanted to be sure they don't have any clauses pertaining to previous bonuses or accounts...

I went ahead and pulled the trigger, yesterday. Phone rep acknowledged the MA code and $200 bonus. He told me I could gain access to my account online within 15-mins but the default password is the ATM card pin. I phoned their support and was told that I have to wait for the debit card or stop by a branch for a temporary debit card. Does this mirror other's experiences?

rated:
depreshun said:   He told me I could gain access to my account online within 15-mins but the default password is the ATM card pin. I phoned their support and was told that I have to wait for the debit card or stop by a branch for a temporary debit card. Does this mirror other's experiences?

After opening over the phone I stopped by the branch to make my initial deposit and a banker got my login all setup on the spot. He handed me his keyboard and let me pick my username and a password.

BTW my bonus just posted today (1 day after the DD hit).

rated:
dl73 said:   depreshun said:   He told me I could gain access to my account online within 15-mins but the default password is the ATM card pin. I phoned their support and was told that I have to wait for the debit card or stop by a branch for a temporary debit card. Does this mirror other's experiences?

After opening over the phone I stopped by the branch to make my initial deposit and a banker got my login all setup on the spot. He handed me his keyboard and let me pick my username and a password.

This morning, I received a call from them asking when I will make a deposit. I explained to the lady what I was told and she gave me a temporary debit card number and PIN to use for login. I tested it while she was on the phone and was able to gain online access. Had to call back for my account number once I had the online account all set up. Already gearing up to ACH push from Ally or Alliant. This is an easy one and it can be closed after 90-days with no fees. Thanks OP!

rated:
What kind of checking account are you guys opening? How are you circumventing (or meeting) the requirements to waive monthly fees? TIA!

rated:
newbietx said:   What kind of checking account are you guys opening? How are you circumventing (or meeting) the requirements to waive monthly fees? TIA!

eAccess here. I plan to ACH push/pull $500/mo until I can close it (after 90-days).

rated:
Direct deposit of $100 hit yesterday, bonus applied today.

rated:
depreshun said:   newbietx said:   What kind of checking account are you guys opening? How are you circumventing (or meeting) the requirements to waive monthly fees? TIA!

eAccess here. I plan to ACH push/pull $500/mo until I can close it (after 90-days).

Thank you, in reading their website this one was touted by the bank as having no fees except they wanted to have at least a $500 DD every month

I wanted to make sure I was reading their requirement correctly and if so that doing $500 push/pull like you suggested to be an acceptable work around to avoiding the fees till we close the account down and run with the bonus

Thanks again!

rated:
Bummer, just got off the phone. CSR couldn't open my account after he put my zip code in, said nearest branch was 220 miles away (even though it is in the same state) and so the system wouldn't let him open my account. Is everyone on this thread who is opening an account within a few miles of a branch?

rated:
ninetwosix said:   Direct deposit of $100 hit yesterday, bonus applied today.

Were you invited to this promo? I was shot down twice, the second time the CSR said they will verify your address actually rec'd the promo mailer before applying the bonus. I live about 5 miles from a branch but wasn't invited.

rated:
thriftyy said:   ninetwosix said:   Direct deposit of $100 hit yesterday, bonus applied today.

Were you invited to this promo? I was shot down twice, the second time the CSR said they will verify your address actually rec'd the promo mailer before applying the bonus. I live about 5 miles from a branch but wasn't invited.

No noticed received, I called to open the account via telephone, mentioned the above promo code. I have a branch 10 minutes from me.

rated:
My bonus posted within a day or two of the DD hitting my account. As previously mentioned, never received a post card, opened account by phone.

rated:
Anyone opened more than 1 account per household?

rated:
For those that have successfully received the bonus what did you use for direct deposit? Employer, Paypal, Ing, Amazon P?

Did you only perform the direct deposit or did you also stop into a branch and make an initial deposit with cash or check?

I received my signature card and overdraft agreement in the mail. Will fax them in today.

Thank you.

rated:
mihiker said:   For those that have successfully received the bonus what did you use for direct deposit? Employer, Paypal, Ing, Amazon P?Employer

Did you only perform the direct deposit or did you also stop into a branch and make an initial deposit with cash or check?Stopped in at branch to make initial deposit (enough to avoid monthly fees). DD hit later.

rated:
bikerbandito said:   5/3 Bank asks you for your mailing address and if you're not in a branch area they will not open the account over the phone.

This is correct, 25 miles from the branch to domicile is the limit.

rated:
I used Alliant and it posted the same day. Made minimum initial deposit at branch before DD

rated:
depreshun said:   dl73 said:   depreshun said:   He told me I could gain access to my account online within 15-mins but the default password is the ATM card pin. I phoned their support and was told that I have to wait for the debit card or stop by a branch for a temporary debit card. Does this mirror other's experiences?

This morning, I received a call from them asking when I will make a deposit. I explained to the lady what I was told and she gave me a temporary debit card number and PIN to use for login. I tested it while she was on the phone and was able to gain online access. Had to call back for my account number once I had the online account all set up. Already gearing up to ACH push from Ally or Alliant. This is an easy one and it can be closed after 90-days with no fees. Thanks OP!

ACH push from Ally posted 7/3 along with the $200 bonus. Wish all the banks could be so easy! Thanks OP!

rated:
kn9ght said:   Anyone opened more than 1 account per household?

Same question.

I opened an account last month (DD within 2 weeks; $200 posted almost immediately) by going to my local branch (1/2 mile away) with a postcard that said the deal expired June 30th . I just received another post card in the mail with the same offer code (MA code 10387) but now the deal expires July 31st. I'd open another account under my wife's name for another easy $200; but the card specifically states, in bold type - "One offer per account per household".

So has anyone had success with two accounts (under two different people) at the same address?

Edit: I can confirm:
- No hard pull - soft pull & chex systems.
- Only 90 day requirement for the account to remain open.

rated:
Same experience as many others.
-Opened the account over the phone (eAccess checking)
-Made initial deposit in branch
-$500 push from ING triggered the bonus. I plan to do this for 90 days until closing the account
-Did not receive a postcard with the bonus code

Note:
Still have no received my debit card. Already had them resend it once

rated:
I did a ACH push from Amazon Payment and the transfer was reversed. This is odd, I never got a reversed transfer from Amazon before.

rated:
kn9ght said:   I did a ACH push from Amazon Payment and the transfer was reversed. This is odd, I never got a reversed transfer from Amazon before.

I did a push from Amazon too, but so far no reversal.

Update: Amazon payment doesn't trigger the bonus
----------------------------------------------------

Update II: Transfer from my local bank trigged the bonus. Yeah!!

rated:
cjackson0 said:   Same experience as many others.
-$500 push from ING triggered the bonus. I plan to do this for 90 days until closing the account

Note:

Is your ING push a P2P or regular account link/transfer? TIA.

rated:

Note:

Same experience. Only difference is I did a push from my AMEX Savings. Bonus appeared as soon as the deposit cleared. I will continue to push/pull $500 until I reach the 90 days.

rated:
mihiker said:   cjackson0 said:   Same experience as many others.

Note:

Same experience. Only difference is I did a push from my AMEX Savings. Bonus appeared as soon as the deposit cleared. I will continue to push/pull $500 until I reach the 90 days.

Did you have to go through verifying trial deposits from AMEX savings to 5/3 bank before the push?

rated:
niniss said:   

Did you have to go through verifying trial deposits from AMEX savings to 5/3 bank before the push?

Yes. AMEX is very quick and they don't pull back their test deposits so I made an extra $0.75

rated:
Opened account over the phone.
Set up ACH from Alliant
-Confirmed Trial Deposits
Sent 1500 ACH
200 Bonus received next day.

rated:
Anyone try USAA for the qualifying deposit?

rated:
STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   snork615 said:   Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.

from the terms:

MA code on mail piece must be presented at a banking center or referenced when opening account by phone to receive bonus.

I went there today and they denied me since I did not have a postcard.

rated:
jeffc said:   I went there today and they denied me since I did not have a postcard.Then why did you bother going in-person?
TheDiggler said:   Opened an account over the phone using the MA code listed in the OP. Never received a postcard.

TheDiggler said:   My bonus posted within a day or two of the DD hitting my account. As previously mentioned, never received a post card, opened account by phone.

rated:
I can verify that transferring from USAA does indeed trigger the bonus for this. Deposit posted yesterday, bonus was in my account today.

rated:
Opened an account for myself just fine 2 days ago. Tried to open one for my wife today and the rep refused to open it; saying I needed the postcard rather than just the MA code.

rated:

Note:

What did the ACH push from ING show up as in your account? I did ING push last Thursday and I still haven't received the bonus.

rated:
kn9ght said:   cjackson0 said:   Same experience as many others.

Note:

What did the ACH push from ING show up as in your account? I did ING push last Thursday and I still haven't received the bonus.

Hopefully they haven't gotten wise like with verifying the address received a mailer...

rated:
Perhaps we should keep discussing what works...

rated:
For those who got the bonus, would you mind sharing what is the description of the DD/ACH push transaction? Did you have to make initial deposit in the branch before doing DD/ACH? TIA

rated:
kn9ght said:   For those who got the bonus, would you mind sharing what is the description of the DD/ACH push transaction? Did you have to make initial deposit in the branch before doing DD/ACH? TIA
Opened at branch, $50 initial cash deposit.
500+ direct deposit: XXXBank CHK-INTRNT TRANSFER

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014