Text

MA Code when calling is 10387

Checking account must be opened by July 31

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

bond6007 (Feb. 21, 2014 @ 6:33p) |

looks no dice for CA residents.

AugustFour (Feb. 21, 2014 @ 8:03p) |

They keep giving me ads for the deal, but there's no code.

bond6007 (Feb. 25, 2014 @ 12:50a) |

CSR told me that you need to be within a 50 mile radius of a branch or within a state in which they do business to open an account.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.

snork615 said:   Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.

from the terms:

MA code on mail piece must be presented at a banking center or referenced when opening account by phone to receive bonus.

Does anybody know if they perform a Hard Pull when opening a new checking and/or savings account?
Quickly scanned through the terms and didn't see it mentioned, but then again, I didn't read them in full detail.

To answer my own q, called them. They said no hard pull -- soft pull & chex systems.

Seems straightforward enough. Never done any bonuses with 5/3 -- anything to watch out for?

sage1166 said:   Seems straightforward enough. Never done any bonuses with 5/3 -- anything to watch out for?
Their fees for having an account:

No monthly service charge if:
You maintain $1,500 in total monthly average balance across your checking and savings accounts
-OR-
You are a current or former U.S. Military member with monthly deposits totaling $500 or more4
-OR-
You are a student

Otherwise, it's $11 per month. If you are not a student or a member of the U.S. Military but have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more, the monthly service charge is reduced to $8 per month.

Hey guys, fantastic post! I just moved to the midwest to a state that has no Capital One bank branches and so been looking for ideas on who to switch to so I could deposit paper checks. If Capital one would've had a mobile deposit option I may have stayed with them--but they want you to switch over to Capital One 360 for that feature. I was going stay with C1, but then I saw that 5/3 bank has $200 to move to them. Plus, I live downtown so it's just a two block walk to the branch!

skunker said:   Hey guys, fantastic post! I just moved to the midwest to a state that has no Capital One bank branches and so been looking for ideas on who to switch to so I could deposit paper checks. If Capital one would've had a mobile deposit option I may have stayed with them--but they want you to switch over to Capital One 360 for that feature. I was going stay with C1, but then I saw that 5/3 bank has $200 to move to them. Plus, I live downtown so it's just a two block walk to the branch!

Assuming you're downtown Cincinnati, a Fifth Third account will come in handy, they have ATMs everywhere (well, branches too, but who needs those?). Their mobile app allows deposits from your phone but I've found it's quite picky.

Does anyone know if there's a geographical restriction for this deal? I live in Texas.

I did bonuses with Fifth Third back in 2008 and in 2011. ING worked as DD.

ungar2000 said:   I did bonuses with Fifth Third back in 2008 and in 2011. ING worked as DD.
Are you local?

^^ yes

ungar2000 said:   ^^ yesyou felix or gerald?

I'm in Orlando Florida. My promotional postcard stated I would get 150 dollars. So each region is different I assume. ymmv

anyone know if there is a way to get this if you don't have the postcard offer from them?

Silverthunder said:   anyone know if there is a way to get this if you don't have the postcard offer from them?

Dang, I had no idea you had to have a postcard. I'm just going to walk to my local branch and see if I can still get this deal.

skunker said:   Silverthunder said:   anyone know if there is a way to get this if you don't have the postcard offer from them?

Dang, I had no idea you had to have a postcard. I'm just going to walk to my local branch and see if I can still get this deal.

Report back how it goes.

Nearest branch is 180 miles away.. Anyone geographical coverage on opening the account?

can CA residents open this account over phone or through their website?

skunker said:   Silverthunder said:   anyone know if there is a way to get this if you don't have the postcard offer from them?

or you could call them, since the terms say with a phone call you only need to mention the code.

Silverthunder said:   anyone know if there is a way to get this if you don't have the postcard offer from them?

yes, call the 800 number to open the account and give them the code.

is bank to bank ACH transfer OK for DD?

5/3 Bank asks you for your mailing address and if you're not in a branch area they will not open the account over the phone.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   Direct Deposit required

Text

MA Code when calling is 10387

Is this code state specific or does it apply nationwide?

Received the promo mailer card in Chicago. It has 10387 MA code as well.

stompoutloud said:   I'm in Orlando Florida. My promotional postcard stated I would get 150 dollars. So each region is different I assume. ymmv

I also got one for $150, and I just opened my account this morning.

alextan

I will go to the branch and try my luck. I don't have a post card.

Not for Californians. I called to open the account, they accepted the promo code on the phone, but application could not be processed due to California zip code.

Based on the terms and conditions, I think one could sign up for the eAccess checking account which has no fees, but at the cost of no check writing or paper statements.

Can anyone confirm?

Answering my own question after talking to rep:
E-Access account is eligible, however it does require $500 per month in Direct Deposit. (Hopefully ING will still work for DD) The promo code worked over the phone in Missouri (make sure to mention it to them). CSR said bonus should post within a few days of the direct deposit.

jolapo said:   I will go to the branch and try my luck. I don't have a post card.

Please post back after you done. I don't have it also but want to use it

I will go on Friday and then report back to this group. I don't have a postcard, either.

Caution: Not FDIC insured...may lose value.

Bah

Based on the information provided, there are no locations within 1,000 miles. Please refine your search.

ahmadcpa said:   Caution: Not FDIC insured...may lose value.

Fifth Third Bank provides access to investments and investment services through various subsidiaries, including Fifth Third Securities. Fifth Third Securities is the trade name used by Fifth Third Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker-dealer and registered investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Securities and investments offered through Fifth Third Securities, Inc., and insurance products:...

Checking Information & Disclosures: "Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits."
Probably won't work for me anyway since the closest branch is 300 miles away (in PA).

USrules said:   Checking Information & Disclosures: "Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits."
Probably won't work for me anyway since the closest branch is 300 miles away (in PA).

That quote about DD doesn't really mean much.

I opened a $100 bonus account with them 03/2012. Alliant CU ACH push triggered the DD bonus on the same day the push posted. YMMV

Skipping 73 Messages...
They keep giving me ads for the deal, but there's no code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.