STEALfromCAGgive2FW
6/11/13 2:49 PM
Direct Deposit required

Text

MA Code when calling is 10387

Checking account must be opened by July 31
WikiPost
6/11/13 2:49 PM
CSR told me that you need to be within a 50 mile radius of a branch or within a state in which they do business to open an account.
snork615
6/11/13 2:54 PM
Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.
STEALfromCAGgive2FW
6/11/13 2:55 PM
snork615 said:   

Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.

from the terms:

MA code on mail piece must be presented at a banking center or referenced when opening account by phone to receive bonus.
TheDiggler
6/11/13 3:05 PM
Does anybody know if they perform a Hard Pull when opening a new checking and/or savings account?
Quickly scanned through the terms and didn't see it mentioned, but then again, I didn't read them in full detail.
TheDiggler
6/11/13 5:13 PM
To answer my own q, called them. They said no hard pull -- soft pull & chex systems.
sage1166
6/11/13 5:35 PM
Seems straightforward enough. Never done any bonuses with 5/3 -- anything to watch out for?
halterk
6/11/13 5:46 PM
sage1166 said:   

Seems straightforward enough. Never done any bonuses with 5/3 -- anything to watch out for?

Their fees for having an account:

No monthly service charge if:
You maintain $1,500 in total monthly average balance across your checking and savings accounts
-OR-
You are a current or former U.S. Military member with monthly deposits totaling $500 or more4
-OR-
You are a student

Otherwise, it's $11 per month. If you are not a student or a member of the U.S. Military but have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more, the monthly service charge is reduced to $8 per month.
skunker
6/11/13 6:13 PM
Hey guys, fantastic post! I just moved to the midwest to a state that has no Capital One bank branches and so been looking for ideas on who to switch to so I could deposit paper checks. If Capital one would've had a mobile deposit option I may have stayed with them--but they want you to switch over to Capital One 360 for that feature. I was going stay with C1, but then I saw that 5/3 bank has $200 to move to them. Plus, I live downtown so it's just a two block walk to the branch!
mwa423
6/11/13 6:16 PM
skunker said:   

Hey guys, fantastic post! I just moved to the midwest to a state that has no Capital One bank branches and so been looking for ideas on who to switch to so I could deposit paper checks. If Capital one would've had a mobile deposit option I may have stayed with them--but they want you to switch over to Capital One 360 for that feature. I was going stay with C1, but then I saw that 5/3 bank has $200 to move to them. Plus, I live downtown so it's just a two block walk to the branch!

Assuming you're downtown Cincinnati, a Fifth Third account will come in handy, they have ATMs everywhere (well, branches too, but who needs those?). Their mobile app allows deposits from your phone but I've found it's quite picky.
First page
1 of 12
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.