• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Anyone try USAA for the qualifying deposit?

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   snork615 said:   Extremely limited, bring your addressed postcard to a branch.

from the terms:

MA code on mail piece must be presented at a banking center or referenced when opening account by phone to receive bonus.

I went there today and they denied me since I did not have a postcard.

jeffc said:   I went there today and they denied me since I did not have a postcard.Then why did you bother going in-person?
TheDiggler said:   Opened an account over the phone using the MA code listed in the OP. Never received a postcard.

TheDiggler said:   My bonus posted within a day or two of the DD hitting my account. As previously mentioned, never received a post card, opened account by phone.

I can verify that transferring from USAA does indeed trigger the bonus for this. Deposit posted yesterday, bonus was in my account today.

Opened an account for myself just fine 2 days ago. Tried to open one for my wife today and the rep refused to open it; saying I needed the postcard rather than just the MA code.

cjackson0 said:   Same experience as many others.
-Opened the account over the phone (eAccess checking)
-Made initial deposit in branch
-$500 push from ING triggered the bonus. I plan to do this for 90 days until closing the account
-Did not receive a postcard with the bonus code

Note:
Still have no received my debit card. Already had them resend it once

What did the ACH push from ING show up as in your account? I did ING push last Thursday and I still haven't received the bonus.

kn9ght said:   cjackson0 said:   Same experience as many others.
-Opened the account over the phone (eAccess checking)
-Made initial deposit in branch
-$500 push from ING triggered the bonus. I plan to do this for 90 days until closing the account
-Did not receive a postcard with the bonus code

Note:
Still have no received my debit card. Already had them resend it once

What did the ACH push from ING show up as in your account? I did ING push last Thursday and I still haven't received the bonus.

Hopefully they haven't gotten wise like with verifying the address received a mailer...

Perhaps we should keep discussing what works...

For those who got the bonus, would you mind sharing what is the description of the DD/ACH push transaction? Did you have to make initial deposit in the branch before doing DD/ACH? TIA

kn9ght said:   For those who got the bonus, would you mind sharing what is the description of the DD/ACH push transaction? Did you have to make initial deposit in the branch before doing DD/ACH? TIA
Opened at branch, $50 initial cash deposit.
500+ direct deposit: XXXBank CHK-INTRNT TRANSFER

kn9ght said:   For those who got the bonus, would you mind sharing what is the description of the DD/ACH push transaction? Did you have to make initial deposit in the branch before doing DD/ACH? TIA

ALLY BANK $TRANSFER

I never set foot in a branch. The bonus posted on the same day my Ally ACH push arrived.

S3riously, the artist formerly known as 'depreshun'

DAKn2 said:   kn9ght said:   Anyone opened more than 1 account per household?

Same question.

I opened an account last month (DD within 2 weeks; $200 posted almost immediately) by going to my local branch (1/2 mile away) with a postcard that said the deal expired June 30th . I just received another post card in the mail with the same offer code (MA code 10387) but now the deal expires July 31st. I'd open another account under my wife's name for another easy $200; but the card specifically states, in bold type - "One offer per account per household".

So has anyone had success with two accounts (under two different people) at the same address?

Edit: I can confirm:
- No hard pull - soft pull & chex systems.
- Only 90 day requirement for the account to remain open.

I'll answer my own question...I went in to the local branch and asked the question directly.

The answer - Yes you can - if the expiration dates on the two offers are different. Since my offer expired June 30th; my wife was free to also open a checking account and will get the $200 bonus since the new post card has an offer that ends July 31st.

Easy $400 for us; extremely short 90 day duration requirement to avoid early closing fee; and not even a hard pull....

They should all be this easy…

^which reminds me, this promo ends in a few days. will update title

I opened my account early July. Simply called to open it with the MA code. Had to step into a branch to make my opening deposit ($50). I did an ACH transfer of $101 from EverBank. The $200 bonus automatically posted the same day my ACH push posted. Easiest $200 ever~

Opened July 12th over the phone. Finally got an ACH over there from NWFCU. Posted along with the bonus yesterday.

s3riously said:   I was more curious to see what's written on the card. I was paid a bonus on an account opened last March and closed in August. Just wanted to be sure they don't have any clauses pertaining to previous bonuses or accounts...
  How did you close the account? What's easiest way to close it?

CSREwallet said:   
s3riously said:   I was more curious to see what's written on the card. I was paid a bonus on an account opened last March and closed in August. Just wanted to be sure they don't have any clauses pertaining to previous bonuses or accounts...
  How did you close the account? What's easiest way to close it?

Thank you for contacting Fifth Third Bank. In order to close your account, please visit a Fifth Third Banking Center to complete your request. A signed letter may also be mailed or faxed to the Banking Center maintaining your account. Your Banking Center information is below: FIFTH THIRD BANK bla bla bla Many Banking Centers require proof of identification to close an account via a mail or fax request. If you are intending to mail or fax the request, please call your Banking Center for complete instructions. Please specify in your letter how you would like any credit in your account disbursed, such as transferred to another account or mailed as a check. There is a $25.00 fee for closing an account within 180 days of opening the account. Also, an account in a negative balance cannot be closed and we recommend you discuss this with your Banking Center. Fifth Third Bank values your business. I see that you have been with us since 2011 and would like to thank you for your loyalty as a customer. If you need further assistance, please email us 24 hours a day or call a Fifth Third Bank Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender  Sincerely, Fifth Third Bank

s3riously said:   
CSREwallet said:   How did you close the account? What's easiest way to close it?
Thank you for contacting Fifth Third Bank. In order to close your account, please visit a Fifth Third Banking Center to complete your request. A signed letter may also be mailed or faxed to the Banking Center maintaining your account. Your Banking Center information is below: FIFTH THIRD BANK bla bla bla Many Banking Centers require proof of identification to close an account via a mail or fax request. If you are intending to mail or fax the request, please call your Banking Center for complete instructions. Please specify in your letter how you would like any credit in your account disbursed, such as transferred to another account or mailed as a check. There is a $25.00 fee for closing an account within 180 days of opening the account. Also, an account in a negative balance cannot be closed and we recommend you discuss this with your Banking Center. Fifth Third Bank values your business. I see that you have been with us since 2011 and would like to thank you for your loyalty as a customer. If you need further assistance, please email us 24 hours a day or call a Fifth Third Bank Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender  Sincerely, Fifth Third Bank

Promotion requires account to be open for 90 days and as per fee schedule there is no charge for account closure. Maybe bank made changes to 08/2012 fee schedule.

CSREwallet said:   
s3riously said:   
CSREwallet said:   How did you close the account? What's easiest way to close it?

Promotion requires account to be open for 90 days and as per fee schedule there is no charge for account closure. Maybe bank made changes to 08/2012 fee schedule.

Yeah, I noticed that 180-day snippet , too...  I checked my records.  I faxed my closure notice to them.

Fifth Third bank. The name is priceless

Anyone know if this code is still valid?

Not sure if the $200 code is still valid, but here's a $150 code if its not

$150 Cash Bonus w/ first $100+ DD within 60 days (must keep account open for 3 months)
MAB offer code: 202
Expires: 10/31/2013

Just a reminder to some of those that got in on the original offer from the OP....I just surpassed 90 days from account opening which means it is time to look into closing down this account.

jonesle7 said:   Just a reminder to some of those that got in on the original offer from the OP....I just surpassed 90 days from account opening which means it is time to look into closing down this account.

Thanks!  Please post the outcome...

I called to cancel my account yesterday. CSR said she needed to speak to her supervisor, put me on hold, and then confirmed that she could close the account.

cjackson0 said:   I called to cancel my account yesterday. CSR said she needed to speak to her supervisor, put me on hold, and then confirmed that she could close the account.
  I closed it a week ago after 3 calls.  On my first call, they told me i had to close the account in person.  But when i told them i don't have a branch in our city they told me to contact the closest branch in another city. First call to the branch they told me i have to mail them a request lette.  Second call to the branch said no mailing necessary, that they would take my request on the phone right there.    

Any new offer code?

been 6 months, billpay to zero balance, phone call to close.

deal worked great, thanks op.

so this doesn't work in northern CA?

Received a 1099 in the mail

CSREwallet said:   Any new offer code?

looks no dice for CA residents.

They keep giving me ads for the deal, but there's no code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014