LexisNexis class action settlement

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today I received a postcard letting me know that I'm a class member in a suit against LexisNexis for failing to treat their Accurant reports as consumer reports subject to FCRA. According to the card, you're a member if you "(1) requested a copy of an Accurint® report about you, and/or (2) you initiated or submitted a dispute or other inquiry about information in an Accurint® report about you." The settlement website is filedisputereportclass.com. Anyone who receives a postcard will automatically receive a payment if the settlement is approved by the court.

Member Summary

I received the postcard too. The website says it's estimated that class members will receive about $300. I hope that's per person. If it's for the entire class, are each of us going to get a penny?

After the attorney fees, $300 might be all that's left

What dates should a consumer have had to ordered a Accurant report?
It doesn't say but class-actions usually do...

I also received this post card yesterday... and on the bonus side you don't even have to register on the website to be part of the settlement. I received $75 from a Chase Payment Protector settlement a few weeks back, so $300 doesn't seem like a bad estimate, especially given you can't include yourself in the settlement.

cows123 said:   After the attorney fees, $300 might be all that's left

To be fair to the attorneys though, they will probably only make about $150 million, so how much do you really expect to be left? HAHA

chocula said:   cows123 said:   After the attorney fees, $300 might be all that's left

To be fair to the attorneys though, they will probably only make about $150 million, so how much do you really expect to be left? HAHA
And if it weren't for those attorneys... you'd be getting $0 vs. $300. [rolleyes]

By the time the attorneys bill for the countless hours of working on a settlement this large, court fees, paperwork fees, paying their research assistants for HOURS worth of research and then dividing all the costs up, what's REALLY left? Not a lot. And the other poster is correct. If it weren't for the attorneys, we'd be getting $0! I'll take $300....Thank you very much. I hate LexisNexis, Checkpoint and any other company like it for this very reason. I just read something about Equifax the other day too, they didn't comply with requested account changes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014