• Text Only
KYBOSH said:   What's up with all the Mini-Me limits?

How much would you lend a 22 year old who listed his business income as $0?

mactv said:   KYBOSH said:   What's up with all the Mini-Me limits?

One Miiilllion Dollars!

The fact that a 22 yrold with no income can be approved for a business card at all reminds me of the credit bubble of a few years ago.

okashiraaa said:   what's the best way to handle getting this card without actually having a business?
?

Ans: lie and commit fraud!

mactv said:   KYBOSH said:   What's up with all the Mini-Me limits?

Exactly. I am perfectly fine with the limit I was approved for. I have larger lines on my personal cards with Chase, but no need for a large line on a business card I just sought out for a bonus.

Data point.
DW applied in April for the 50k bonus. The week of the promo I asked if they would bump the bonus. They agreed. Met the spend last week. 60k points posted today as a 50k for signup and a separate 10k courtesy bonus. Cool beans.

matthewk said:   anyone signed up for the "business profile" on chase's website to manage your business card? i have a personal profile for my freedom card, but it isn't allowed to add a business card to a personal profile (the other direction is okay though). CSR told me when signing up for the business profile, i'll need to supply a TIM. since i signed up as sole proprietorship, what should i put for that number? thank you,

Call Chase, have them put you on with web support. They'll merge the two accounts and keep everything under the business User ID.

madcowdisease said:   matthewk said:   anyone signed up for the "business profile" on chase's website to manage your business card? i have a personal profile for my freedom card, but it isn't allowed to add a business card to a personal profile (the other direction is okay though). CSR told me when signing up for the business profile, i'll need to supply a TIM. since i signed up as sole proprietorship, what should i put for that number? thank you,

Call Chase, have them put you on with web support. They'll merge the two accounts and keep everything under the business User ID.

Out of curiosity, do personal accounts added with Chase show up automatically after the merge?

NM

madcowdisease said:   matthewk said:   anyone signed up for the "business profile" on chase's website to manage your business card? i have a personal profile for my freedom card, but it isn't allowed to add a business card to a personal profile (the other direction is okay though). CSR told me when signing up for the business profile, i'll need to supply a TIM. since i signed up as sole proprietorship, what should i put for that number? thank you,

thanks for your response; though, my question was about the TIM number to use when signing up for the business account. i haven't signed up for it, since i wasn't sure. i have received and activated my card successfully though.

Update: i think i misunderstood the CSR, who probably stated TIN. the signup went successfully using SSN.

CraftyCraft said:   madcowdisease said:   matthewk said:   anyone signed up for the "business profile" on chase's website to manage your business card? i have a personal profile for my freedom card, but it isn't allowed to add a business card to a personal profile (the other direction is okay though). CSR told me when signing up for the business profile, i'll need to supply a TIM. since i signed up as sole proprietorship, what should i put for that number? thank you,

Out of curiosity, do personal accounts added with Chase show up automatically after the merge?

Yes. Took all of five minutes on the phone.

Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

What about O*D, do they carry any higher denominations?

newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

I'm not into the GC game, so I'm sure that others may be of more assistance. The 60K bonus was my primary reason for applying. I already have an INK CLASSIC card which has no annual fee and provides the same discount at office stores.

I also plan to take advantage of the 0% Foreign Transaction Fee and Lounge Passes over the next year.

Good Luck,

newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

OM never carried VR. OD did, but not anymore.
If you know an office suppy store that has $500 VISA GC please let me know.

imbatman said:   newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

I hear some OD locations started to have VR back as well as $ 500 GC. I am going to stop by this afternoon, and will report back if I find either.

imbatman said:   newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

FWIW, $500 variable load Visa GC showed back up at my local OD around mid-June.

everydaeebay said:   imbatman said:   newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

I hear some OD locations started to have VR back as well as $ 500 GC. I am going to stop by this afternoon, and will report back if I find either.

I have heard the $500 GC are back at some. In theory. None of mine have them though (checked 15 this week)
Have not heard that any have vr.

The $500 Variable seems to be mostly confined to CA for now. Also, rumors are that the rollout "nationwide" July 8th will be in conjunction with the coding of cash only on the register

sayhey said:   newbietx said:   Guys slightly OT but which office stores are you guys targeting? O*M I heard does not carry VR anymore. So are you guys doing 100 and 200 of Vi$a GC's at $taples? Not very cost effective.

I'm not into the GC game, so I'm sure that others may be of more assistance. The 60K bonus was my primary reason for applying. I already have an INK CLASSIC card which has no annual fee and provides the same discount at office stores.

I also plan to take advantage of the 0% Foreign Transaction Fee and Lounge Passes over the next year.

Good Luck,

Lounge passes? I wasn't aware of that benefit (thanks for sharing), will read up the benefits unless someone wants to provide a one line summary

Thanks all. I will hit up a few OD's in my area and report back (I'm in the North East).

Newbie -you get free access once per year to any of the clubs at loungeclub.com. You need to register first, you have to give your loungeclub car for access. I've never had a chance to use mine yet. Have a 3 hour layover in Honolulu. May use it the.

Stopped by few OD's in the area (Central Jersey), but none had either. I guess it's really CA thing for now. Let me see what 7/8 brings.

imbatman said:   Newbie -you get free access once per year to any of the clubs at loungeclub.com. You need to register first, you have to give your loungeclub car for access. I've never had a chance to use mine yet. Have a 3 hour layover in Honolulu. May use it the.

Thanks bud! I checked out the website, will save it for future use.

Right now I am enjoying the Priority Pass that I got via the AMEX deal, did about half a dozen lounges in the past several months, was awesome.

I used the one in Delhi Airport earlier in the year. Not too bad, wish the food was better.

I called reconsideration after waiting 3 weeks. There is no joy in Mudville. "Mr. DebentureBoy, I see you've opened 15 new accounts in the last year and a half. We are unable to open this account for you. We do value you as an existing Chase card holder and hope you can pay down the numerous accounts we see that have significant balances. Please consider us again when you have paid down more of your debt and do not have so many new accounts."

Debentureboy: "Could you open the account with just a low credit limit, such as $500 or $1,000?". Chase: "I'm sorry sir, we cannot open an account for you now."

I think I've hit the same wall as I hit years ago on my opposite-o-rama (just applying for cards every so often until they shut me down).

Good luck to everyone else. It's a great deal!

Do you have another Chase card with available credit they can reallocate from? If so, I'd call back and try that.

Great suggestion. From the way Chase was talking, I kinda feel lucky I got out of it with my existing cards intact. I just had a Discover mini-financial review... I got out of it just fine. I think I'm pretty close to the limits of what insane bankers will give me. I'll just have to manage with what seems to be lowering fees associated with 0% BT checks... I really wonder if they give the better deals to the folks that are seeming to be in more dire straits?

Card arrived today. Very exciting. 7 days after application.

Are all Ink Plus cards issues as MC World Elite?

debentureboy said:   Great suggestion. From the way Chase was talking, I kinda feel lucky I got out of it with my existing cards intact. I just had a Discover mini-financial review... I got out of it just fine. I think I'm pretty close to the limits of what insane bankers will give me. I'll just have to manage with what seems to be lowering fees associated with 0% BT checks... I really wonder if they give the better deals to the folks that are seeming to be in more dire straits?
Discover, not AMEX?

Discover. I Googled it and found there are quite a few that don't survive. I was fortunate. They asked a lot of questions but didn't require any proof (I answered everything straight, so could provide backup if they asked). The person asking was quite good at what she did... very articulate, probing followup questions, etc. For instance, I listed my W-2 income, my 1099 income and then listed my side gig income. She asks how I could complete my W-2 job duties while managing a side gig. That must be quite a challenge, how do you do that, she asks... Oh, it's no problem I say. I negotiated some extra time off from my employer in order to provide some time for my side gig.

My AmerEx is still intact with no FR so far.

n/m

Finally Got Confirmation from Check Status and it is for $10K. It's been almost a month, applied on June 16.

vetaldj said:   Got a call from Chase Fraud prevention regarding my application today. After like 15 min on call they finally submitted application and I was approved for $10.6K.

I have LLC but they told me that if I put sole ownership instead they don't need anything else but if I want to keep LLC I need to send formation letter etc to prove that I own it. I went with ownership option and here you go! Now need to find lots of good deals to earn bonus

Chase false-positive fraud detectors can be a nightmare.

Don't assume you've seen the end of it. For example, if you simply login from an IP they don't like (e.g. one that might appear as a non-residential/proxy IP), they will lock your online access in a way that cannot be unlocked (even if you appear at a branch in person). Once they do that, there is no way to see your electronic statements (and unless you switch to paper statements, you won't get paper statements either). Chase will not tell you either.. one day, your account creds will simply fail to work.

With fraud sensors this fragile, I suggest:

* sign up (chase is not RFC 5322 compliant.. so you might need to get a very basic email address.. that is, they cannot handle email addresses with punctuation glyphs other than "." and "@")
* grab the reward
* use the account as little as possible
* close the account as soon as possible
* read about other Chase pitfalls here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1258483/

I see this deal still active for 50k points... anyone know if its still worth it?

babalooie21204 said:   I see this deal still active for 50k points... anyone know if its still worth it?

the standard 50k offer is a very good offer IMO.

Got approval confirmation on status check today. Haven't received card yet. Received voice mail from chase fraud dept ; calling them back in the morning.

Just received my card and plan to spend $5K next week. I'll end up with a total of 110,000 CHASE UR points after I merge points from my two other CHASE cards. I've used Bruce for redemption of AMEX MR points, but I'm a little leery about selling my CHASE points to a buyer; I gather that CHASE is much tougher than AMEX around 3rd party transactions.

I will be able to internally redeem my UR points for $1100. With a buyer offering approx. $.0135/pt, I'd realize $1485. The extra $385 isn't worth the risk to me, but YMMV.........

Good Luck,

sayhey said:   Just received my card and plan to spend $5K next week. I'll end up with a total of 110,000 CHASE UR points after I merge points from my two other CHASE cards. I've used Bruce for redemption of AMEX MR points, but I'm a little leery about selling my CHASE points to a buyer; I gather that CHASE is much tougher than AMEX around 3rd party transactions.

I will be able to internally redeem my UR points for $1100. With a buyer offering approx. $.0135/pt, I'd realize $1485. The extra $385 isn't worth the risk to me, but YMMV.........

Good Luck,

1.35 for UR? I think you're confusing them with AMEX. I've sold UR twice for 1.6 and have heard more recent quotes higher than that. But maybe they've plunged?

Where are you guys selling your points besides Bruce and rewards2cash??

I just got quoted 1.7c from sellmyrewards.XXX but can't find any recommendations/testimonials.

Just sold my points from this promotion to Bruce for 1.43. Didn't hear a thing from Chase. Those horror stories might be overblown.

shlomosmiles.com buys UR for 1.75 i do believe.......

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014