• Text Only
How long does it take for Chase to post the promotional points after reaching 5K spend? Spent and paid here, but only 5K points showing for a while now.

next statement

itsausername said:   How long does it take for Chase to post the promotional points after reaching 5K spend? Spent and paid here, but only 5K points showing for a while now.

you have 5k points? or you spent $5k+? Were any of your points from bonus categories?

gkl said:   next statement

For Chase Sapphire Plus, the promotional bonus points were posted on the payment DUE date for the statement that reached the spending amount. For me, it was posted about a week before the next statement came.

itsausername said:   How long does it take for Chase to post the promotional points after reaching 5K spend? Spent and paid here, but only 5K points showing for a while now.

I spent $5K and paid in full BEFORE my first statement was cut. The promotional points showed up within 2 days.

Good Luck,

On other chase cards (BA), purchase that would trigger a bonus in the last week before the statement cuts don't result in the bonus until the following statement. I am 2k short on my Ink (plenty of time) so I am not sure about this one.

imbatman said:   you have 5k points? or you spent $5k+? Were any of your points from bonus categories?No bonus categories so it's both 5K spend/5K points in my case.

Apparently sayhey got the points in a timely manner. Based on the other replies, maybe this time around that's not the norm? Would be nice to see more chime in here to report that they have or have not received the promotional points and how long it took following the spend requirment. Next statement close date is fine as I'm in no hurry, just figured it would be quicker. Those that called Chase about gaining an extra 10K points from a recent but prior signup during the promotional period seemed to be getting them posted right away.

Anyway, I've just sent them an inquiry via the online secure messaging and will update when I get a reply.

itsausername said:   imbatman said:   you have 5k points? or you spent $5k+? Were any of your points from bonus categories?No bonus categories so it's both 5K spend/5K points in my case.

Apparently sayhey got the points in a timely manner. Based on the other replies, maybe this time around that's not the norm? Would be nice to see more chime in here to report that they have or have not received the promotional points and how long it took following the spend requirment. Next statement close date is fine as I'm in no hurry, just figured it would be quicker. Those that called Chase about gaining an extra 10K points from a recent but prior signup during the promotional period seemed to be getting them posted right away.

Anyway, I've just sent them an inquiry via the online secure messaging and will update when I get a reply.

my bonus points appeared on the statement after I met the spend.

sayhey said:   itsausername said:   How long does it take for Chase to post the promotional points after reaching 5K spend? Spent and paid here, but only 5K points showing for a while now.

I spent $5K and paid in full BEFORE my first statement was cut. The promotional points showed up within 2 days.

Good Luck,

In contrast to CHASE, I spent $10K on an AMEX Gold Card deal, paid in full BEFORE my first statement was cut, but did NOT receive the promotion when the statement finally arrived. However, I called AMEX and requested that the points be awarded before my following statement. The CSR entered a request, and I was given the full complement of points only 2 days later.

itsausername said:   Anyway, I've just sent them an inquiry via the online secure messaging and will update when I get a reply.The salient part of their reply was:

"Our records show that your account is eligible to receive 60,000 bonus points (which is equivalent to $600 in Cash Back) after spending $5,000 in first 103 days of your account open date. I see that you have met the threshold and these points will reflect on your 08/16/2013 statement."

So close date of my next statement is their answer for my Ink Bold account. I had charged 5K before the 7/16 close date, but not paid the last of it until a week after that. It seems my delayed payment effectively postponed the related bonus points by a month.

Pretty sure paying off the balance is not a condition of the bonus offer. Ever.

scripta said:   Pretty sure paying off the balance is not a condition of the bonus offer. Ever.That's been my past experience. What differed with sayhey and my own crediting then? I beat the first statement close by 5 days and three full business days with respect to the expenditure side. Do they need more than that? Just an interesting thing to know at this point.

My best guess here is that CVS held my last charge in some way until the close date or even past it. In the recent past, I have noticed that CVS can leave an authorization that is not finalized for a couple business days. Wonder if that's the bank, merchant, exchange or what. Still, the first bill included the charges, something that probably wouldn't happen if they had still been in an authorized status only.

scripta said:   Pretty sure paying off the balance is not a condition of the bonus offer. Ever.

Exactly. If it was up to them, you would never pay off the balance. You would prefer you pay the min payment every month, forever.

daw4888 said:   scripta said:   Pretty sure paying off the balance is not a condition of the bonus offer. Ever.

Exactly. If it was up to them, you would never pay off the balance. You would prefer you pay the min payment every month, forever.

Not for a charge card (IB).

Sesq said:   On other chase cards (BA), purchase that would trigger a bonus in the last week before the statement cuts don't result in the bonus until the following statement. I am 2k short on my Ink (plenty of time) so I am not sure about this one.Your comment seems to explain my specific experience. Thanks for sharing that observation!

Anyone else?? Ink Plus MC Business account showed up on CK personal credit report as new acct/bal. That's a first.

Same here on CK

Just wanted to mention that I used Eli at milesbuyer once I received my UR points. Super easy transaction that took about 30 minutes, will definitely use him again!

I also used milesbuyer.com. Very happy.

jeffj19 said:   Just wanted to mention that I used Ian at milesbuyer once I received my UR points. Super easy transaction that took about 30 minutes, will definitely use him again!
† How did you allow access to your account? †I think I remember someone setting up access only to the ur site temporarily, but I've looked and can't figure out how to do this.

jfharper said:   
jeffj19 said:   Just wanted to mention that I used Ian at milesbuyer once I received my UR points. Super easy transaction that took about 30 minutes, will definitely use him again!
† How did you allow access to your account? †I think I remember someone setting up access only to the ur site temporarily, but I've looked and can't figure out how to do this.

You don't need to provide access to your account. Milesbuyer puts the agreed upon amount into your PayPal account first and then sends you transfer instructions. †

RiversideTom said:   shlomosmiles.com buys UR for 1.75 i do believe.......
† What acct info did you give if you went with him?

jfharper said:   
RiversideTom said:   shlomosmiles.com buys UR for 1.75 i do believe.......
† What acct info did you give if you went with him?

† None. †Just send a screenshot of your points, then he will send you the transfer instructions. †Send a screenshot of the transfer, and you are done. †Payment was upfront.

††
Is this allowed per UR T&C? Don't want to have my points confiscated, my accounts closed, etc. I was under the impression that transferring points to someone other than yourself/spouse was prohibited.

nergui77 said:   
††
Is this allowed per UR T&C? Don't want to have my points confiscated, my accounts closed, etc. I was under the impression that transferring points to someone other than yourself/spouse was prohibited.

† It is, but some take significant risks to get more profit out of the profit.

I just found that OnStar counts for extra 4 points. Love you Chase.

A little OT: Would applying for the Chase Ink Plus 3 months after being approved for the Chase Ink Bold raise red flags? (the Chase Ink Bold is the 2nd chase credit card I have ever applied for in my life)

Does Chase Ink Bold forgive a balance of $1.99?

hightide said:   A little OT: Would applying for the Chase Ink Plus 3 months after being approved for the Chase Ink Bold raise red flags? (the Chase Ink Bold is the 2nd chase credit card I have ever applied for in my life)

Does Chase Ink Bold forgive a balance of $1.99?

††
I got them both within 3 months. †Just told them I wanted the flexibility of a charge card, and a credit card.

Just wanted to mention that I used Eli again for some UA Miles. He quoted the best offer of the 3 brokers I have been using. He is always very respondent and makes the transaction very quick and easy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014