What Banks offer no ATM Fees?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Don't post much and didn't see this when I searched so please be kind...

My daughter is headed off to college out of state (Philadelphia) and I noticed that there were TD Bank ATMs on campus. I haven't heard too many good thinks about TD Bank lately so I am a little leery of them. Does anyone know what banks offer a no ATM fee or ATM rebates for foreign ATMs?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
TD Bank. They are open 7 days a week which is huge plus.Also their hours are longest.
For $2500 you get convenient checki... (more)

samandy (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 7:51p) |

Do you actually need an account to get the pens, lollipops, and biscuits?

NEDeals (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 10:37p) |

Do you actually need TDBank pens, lollipops, and biscuits? The time and energy to get them is not worth it for me.

bankdealsrule (Oct. 19, 2013 @ 8:10a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

keep her old bank and just use local wawa markets to withdraw cash fee free or switch to online checking account if she doesnt mind not having a branch.

Charles schwab.

Fidelity Cash Management Account (https://www.fidelity.com/open-account/overview).

With both the Fidelity Account® and the Fidelity® Cash Management Account, you enjoy all the benefits of our full-featured, low-cost brokerage account and our cash management account—with all ATM fees reimbursed5 and deposits eligible for FDIC insurance.

- Fidelity
- Schwab
- E*Trade
- Ally

You want to change your google searching and request from "No ATM fees" to "reimbursed ATM fees".

And the answer to your question is a pretty large number of banks and credit unions offer reimbursed ATM fees. Usually they're attached to their reward checking accounts or something of that nature.

So you'll find a lot of banks that offer reimbursed ATM fees by looking at the Reward Checking account stickied thread above or by Googling "reward checking account"

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

It was archived 2 years ago, but a lot of the info remains accurate.

And what's wrong with TD Bank? It's been one of my favorites for quite a while now.

Glitch99 said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

And what's wrong with TD Bank? It's been one of my favorites for quite a while now.

Link doesn't work!

Try this one

Edited to remove link - Glitch's is much better (see next post)

dshibb said:   Glitch99 said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

Link doesn't work!

Fixed
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&thre...

first niagara based in Buffalo, NY reimburses you for all atm fees for most of their accounts.

https://www.firstniagara.com/home.aspx

Glitch99 said:   And what's wrong with TD Bank? It's been one of my favorites for quite a while now.
Agreed. I use TD (in conjunction with some online-only banks.) As a brick-and-mortar bank, I've found them to be pretty good. Extended hours, pleasant staff, and free coin counting!

State Farm Bank. They also offer iPhone/Android/scanner deposits.

Charles Schwab.

Charles Schwab.

yankeefanmhb said:   Don't post much and didn't see this when I searched so please be kind...

My daughter is headed off to college out of state (Philadelphia) and I noticed that there were TD Bank ATMs on campus. I haven't heard too many good thinks about TD Bank lately so I am a little leery of them. Does anyone know what banks offer a no ATM fee or ATM rebates for foreign ATMs?

USAA reinburses ATM fees. I forgot up to how many per month, but I haven't paid ATM fees in years.

PNC

Recommend both Ally and Fidelity (The Cash management account works like a checking account + other benefits) They both have no fee for ATMs, and reimburse other banks' fees for you. Neither has a cap that I'm aware of, but that usually isn't a problem anyway unless you're getting $20/day out instead of in bulk. Outside of ATM fees, both banks and accounts are very good, no other fees, good service IMO. Fidelity used multiple sweep banks for a very high value of FDIC insurance if that's a concern for you.

For international ATM fees, I don't know of anyone that does that, but I'm not as familiar with some of the other recommendations. I know specifically that Ally and Fidelity both do NOT refund ATM fees internationally unless they are processed through a US network in dollars (which would be uncommon).

If you use a USAA bank account at a PNC bank (Philly certainly has PNC everywhere) it is fee-free. No refund necessary.

Infinion said:   I know specifically that Ally and Fidelity both do NOT refund ATM fees internationally unless they are processed through a US network in dollars (which would be uncommon).
In my experience, Fidelity does refund int'l ATM fees. I specifically asked them about it, they said they did, and in fact they refunded ATM fees when I withdrew pesos in Argentina. I don't have the cash management account, just the regular brokerage account, which I use as my banking/investment hub.

FYI, Schwab also refunds int'l ATM fees.

UncaMikey said:   Infinion said:   I know specifically that Ally and Fidelity both do NOT refund ATM fees internationally unless they are processed through a US network in dollars (which would be uncommon).
In my experience, Fidelity does refund int'l ATM fees. I specifically asked them about it, they said they did, and in fact they refunded ATM fees when I withdrew pesos in Argentina. I don't have the cash management account, just the regular brokerage account, which I use as my banking/investment hub.

FYI, Schwab also refunds int'l ATM fees.

Thanks. Not sure if that's my experience or not. I'll pay more attention to it next time.

FIDELITY
Disclaimer
Another vote for Fidelity.

Thank you all for the great advice! I've been told by some students at the school to avoid TD but maybe I'll wander into our local branch and see what I think. I had no idea about the no fee ATMs at WaWa! That's good to know for when we are down there and need cash from my debit card. Again, thank you all for your kindness!

Just because WaWa doesn't charge any fees, doesn't necessarily mean that your bank won't.

In the Philly area, Alliance Bank has no foreign ATM fees. So Wawa would be free.

I gotta say, unless you're broke or traveling internationally, ATM fees are easy to avoid with no special steps. Take out max cash periodically when it's free and just work off of that. Either at your own banks ATM or teller branch.

Charles Schwab. Rebates, no FOREX and unlimited ATM rebates and no fee checking.

You can get higher interest rates but those are limited to the Allpoint ATMs in many cases or their own branch networks which are smaller.

If you want rebates, Schwab is the best Ive seen.

Since McDonald's started accepting credit cards, I've never been to an ATM for cash, only deposits.

You eat a lot of McDonalds?

I am charged $2.50 a transaction at WaWa when I use my ATM card (TD bank) so I use it only when absolutely necessary at WAWA.  The only place you can avoid fees with TD bank is their own ATMs. I am going with Fidelity Bank because they have no fees anywhere and if you are charged a fee they reimburse you.

I am charged $2.50 a transaction at WaWa when I use my ATM card (TD bank) so I use it only when absolutely necessary at WAWA.  The only place you can avoid fees with TD bank is their own ATMs. I am going with Fidelity Bank because they have no fees anywhere and if you are charged a fee they reimburse you.

debbiew9803 said:     The only place you can avoid fees with TD bank is their own ATMs.

False. Although you do need a $2500 balance in your checking account to receive the ATM reimbursements.

Sorry if I'm late to reply... I've been with First Internet Bank of Indiana for many years. They have very good interest rates with low requirements, and reimburse the first $6 of ATM fees every month. https://www.firstib.com/

ProfitAfterRebates said:   If you use a USAA bank account at a PNC bank (Philly certainly has PNC everywhere) it is fee-free. No refund necessary.
  KILLFACE

and usaa is up to 15$ per statement cycle

TD Bank. They are open 7 days a week which is huge plus.Also their hours are longest.
For $2500 you get convenient checking, which also offers free money orders.
Also you get free pens, lolly pops and doggy biscuits

samandy said:   TD Bank. They are open 7 days a week which is huge plus.Also their hours are longest.

NEDeals said:   
samandy said:   TD Bank. They are open 7 days a week which is huge plus.Also their hours are longest.

Do you actually need TDBank pens, lollipops, and biscuits? The time and energy to get them is not worth it for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014