• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIWQ...

This is a new link for the 50,000 mile American Airlines Visa card after spending $3,000 within 3 months. Citi has been cleaning up the 50,000 mile offers quite aggressively, so Iím not sure how long this will last.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
There are reports of†people being able to get†a 2nd Visa/MC after†~12 months lately but YMMV

RiversideTom (Sep. 29, 2013 @ 10:18a) |

So†will I†be denied if I apply for new master card within a month or I may†be approved but bonus miles will not show up?... (more)

nanga (Oct. 11, 2013 @ 10:50a) |

One quick question,†can anyone confirm that load to amex serve card via Citi AA is charged as cash advance? I loaded fro... (more)

nanga (Oct. 11, 2013 @ 10:54a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How do you know this will get 50,000 miles? Where does it say that? Do you have the original email or link?

StraightAhead said:   How do you know this will get 50,000 miles? Where does it say that? Do you have the original email or link?

He got the link from flyertalk or million mile secrets. There is no landing page for the offer, it was sent via email to a limited number of people.

Applied and got approved for $20K. I hope I get 50K miles....

I' won't apply until I'm sure it's for 50k and not 30k

kaveh2k said:   I' won't apply until I'm sure it's for 50k and not 30k

You probably won't be applying then. For these quasi-targeted offers, there generally isn't a public landing page that shows the offer amount. In my experience, I have always received the offer claimed by the poster, but I can certainly understand not wanting to take the risk that you're hitting the 30k app page.

ETA: I'm working on the spend requirement for one for these right now (though that was only a $2500 one), so I should be able to update my success with that soon.

I received this 50k targeted email on June 20 and the link posted by the OP is the same exact link in the email I received. Email states the offer is valid through August 31, 2013. Of course, there's always the risk that Citi could pull this offer early or strictly enforce the "intended recipient" disclaimer language.

Anyone know if there is a limit to the number of times you can sign up for AA Visa cards and receive points? I had an AA Visa, but canceled it almost a year ago. I don't see anything in the Terms and Conditions. I know Chase Southwest has been known to enforce the one time sign up bonus.

Thanks OP for making me look. I found 60,000 on a 5k spend:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F5CP&CEL...

If that doesn't work, there's a link from the top at:
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/06/02/updated-citi-american-a...

Edit: Clearly this is a different deal. The OP's post is on FW mainpage, the week-old link to the 60k card is not. Maybe if someone doesn't memorize every thread on FW or dig 4 pages back in the finance forum, then my post might be beneficial. I hope it was.

FatWalletLurker said:   Thanks OP for making me look. I found 60,000 on a 5k spend:

Totally different card...that one has been talked about all week long here.

I just applied and the rep confirmed that i will get, 50000 miles. To complete my application I had to chat to someone online which is when they confirmed the offer.

Amanda : Once you spend 3000 in the first 3 months you get 50000 miles

how can someone spend that much money in 3 month? I can hardly do it in a year.

fatxman said:   how can someone spend that much money in 3 month? I can hardly do it in a year.

I spend that much when I run to the store to buy milk (among other things)

rsrvoir said:   fatxman said:   how can someone spend that much money in 3 month? I can hardly do it in a year.

I spend that much when I run to the store to buy milk (among other things)

You must really like milk. Milk is our master now.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rLhhlhGfDh4/RmTpbxptfJI/AAAAAAAAANM/iB...

fatxman said:
how can someone spend that much money in 3 month? I can hardly do it in a year.


Utility bills, groceries, gas etc.

Easy

After paying my groceries, utilities, gas, etc., I buy Target gift cards (that's where I do my grocery shopping) to fulfill the spend requirement.

does anyone know if my credit will take a hit if I consistently apply and cancel these kind of offer credit cards after a year?

fatxman said:   does anyone know if my credit will take a hit if I consistently apply and cancel these kind of offer credit cards after a year?

Every inquiry and closure is negative

^in the short term

kaveh2k said:   fatxman said:   does anyone know if my credit will take a hit if I consistently apply and cancel these kind of offer credit cards after a year?

Every inquiry and closure is negative


Technically every inquiry and opening is really the negative. The closure only hurts you in the long run for older accounts due to the fact that you no longer have the card. (Sure you could count the decrease in available credit - However this is really a wash because you didn't have that credit before applying, and you can probably get limits on other cards from the same issuer increased, or apply for new cards.)

Personally, I keep every card at least until renewal comes around, then when I call to cancel I hope they offer to give me something equal to the annual fee to keep the card for another year. I'd rather have 10-15 open accounts than cancel anything I don't have to. (~5+ solid cards, plus the others for however long I keep them) It may be mostly the extreme people being blacklisted for churning, but I'd like to minimize my chances if any issuers decide to crack down. There are many different strategies, so to each their own.

blow and hoes accept credit now!

Can this be converted to cash?

fatxman said:   how can someone spend that much money in 3 month? I can hardly do it in a year.

It can take a little creativity. I save the spending requirement cards for summer because there are vacation and summer camps to pay for.

Also many utilities let you prepay. My water bill has a balance of -1000 dollars. Our electric company (Portland General Electric) lets you prepay up to 600 dollars with a flat fee of 2.95 (this is only half of one percent so even doing this on a 1 percent rebate card would be a profit. I pay 6 months car insurance and year of insurance on my condo. You can also buy prepaid grocery store gift cards or gas cards (but I try not to do this since I have 5 percent cards on these items) and prepay your internet and phone. My prepaid phone cards expire in a year so you have to be careful with that. If you have your own business, business expenses will cover it.

Given how low interest rates are, this is not a bad way to use cash on hand.

If you cannot charge 3k to a credit card in 3 months, you haven't been on FWF long enough.

If you are looking to bundle this card into a potential app-o-rama you might want to consider including the Barclay US Airways Premier World MasterCard. An offer uncovered by an FTer several months back gives you a 35k Dividend Mile bonus after first purchase with the annual fee waived. If Dividend Miles end up converting 1:1 with the merger, you will be sitting on 85k AA miles. Just note that Barclay tends to be fickle with credit cards so if you have a lot of recent apps or have churned Barclay cards there's a decent chance you will be declined. That being said, I signed up for the NFL card in February, my first Barclay card, and was still approved for the US Airways card. My second Barclay app today, for the Arrival card ($440 travel bonus, annual fee waived,) was deferred.

Received targeted email as well from Citi for 50k miles.

Annual fee is NOT waived, correct? Signed up regardless.


AA 50k Email
Disclaimer
Annual fee is waived for the first year.

I just got approved and confirmed the reward. I used a 100k miles recently. Cost me 73 bucks to fly business class round trip to Europe. Ticket cost was 6500 without points.

ingenue007 said:   I just got approved and confirmed the reward. I used a 100k miles recently. Cost me 73 bucks to fly business class round trip to Europe. Ticket cost was 6500 without points.

Nice!

Fyi update. Based on reports on flyertalk, you can get two of this exact same card and offer repeatedly. Apply for the second eight days after the first. Then if still available repeat in 65 days. My application cycle falls on this friday so ill update on how it goes

TLMHax said:   Fyi update. Based on reports on flyertalk, you can get two of this exact same card and offer repeatedly. Apply for the second eight days after the first. Then if still available repeat in 65 days. My application cycle falls on this friday so ill update on how it goes

I know YMMV, but it sounds like I can still take advantage of this offer even if I closed a AA Citi Gold Visa Signature card back in Feb? I signed up for that one in Feb 2011 for 75k AA miles. I currently have 2 Citi Cards (TY & Select AA AMEX). Finishing up an AOR that I started today!

So this offer is still alive? Looks good. I and my wife could sign up. I have not done any Citi Cards in ad couple years and I've been hitting chase hard the last year so I'd like to let them rest. What's the AA value anyway? Ie, can I get a domestic round trip for approx 25k?

RhizzleBop said:   What's the AA value anyway? Ie, can I get a domestic round trip for approx 25k?

Let Me Google That For You

I know YMMV, but it sounds like I can still take advantage of this offer even if I closed a AA Citi Gold Visa Signature card back in Feb? I signed up for that one in Feb 2011 for 75k AA miles. I currently have 2 Citi Cards (TY & Select AA AMEX). Finishing up an AOR that I started today!

Yes, u should be good to go for two 50k cards 8 days apart.

RhizzleBop said:   So this offer is still alive? Looks good. I and my wife could sign up. I have not done any Citi Cards in ad couple years and I've been hitting chase hard the last year so I'd like to let them rest. What's the AA value anyway? Ie, can I get a domestic round trip for approx 25k?

Yeah its still alive and may be better than ever (i.e 2 of same card every 2-3 months vs 18 months as in past). Of course things could change at anytime.

As for value of AA mile, u have to look at their award chart on their website. Mileage depends on origin and destination, as well as class of cabin. 15 min on AA.com is all u need to get an idea

TLMHax said:   RhizzleBop said:   So this offer is still alive? Looks good. I and my wife could sign up. I have not done any Citi Cards in ad couple years and I've been hitting chase hard the last year so I'd like to let them rest. What's the AA value anyway? Ie, can I get a domestic round trip for approx 25k?

Yeah its still alive and may be better than ever (i.e 2 of same card every 2-3 months vs 18 months as in past). Of course things could change at anytime.

As for value of AA mile, u have to look at there award chart on their website. Mileage depends on origin and destination, as well as class of cabin. 15 min on AA.com is all u need to get an idea


probably an obvious question, but I need to cancel before I can reapply, right?

I did not close my other Citi AA cards (Visa + AMEX). The rep wanted to know why I wanted a card that was exactly the same. I just told them I wanted the EMV chip (which my other AA Visa does NOT have). Rep said no problem, approved and confirmed 50k miles. This was all just now. So I guess you do not need to close other accounts and she even offered to move some of the CL over from the other accounts, which I did not do.

I just got 2 in a span of 13 days and they didn't even flinch.

both Visa 50k

Skipping 67 Messages...
One quick question,†can anyone confirm that load to amex serve card via Citi AA is charged as cash advance? I loaded from chase in the past, but that wasn't cash advance but I think I read somewehre that citi treat as cash advance. Just want to confirm.

Thanks,



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014