• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
ZeeOhhSix said:   Approved after chat and agreeing to move some lines around.  This is my 4th active Citi AA Card.  2x75k personal from two years ago, 1x75k bizness from two years ago, and now this one.  Hoping to apply for the MC in 8 days!

How do you deal with the annual fees every year?

How long to post miles?

dcg9381 said:   
ZeeOhhSix said:   Approved after chat and agreeing to move some lines around.  This is my 4th active Citi AA Card.  2x75k personal from two years ago, 1x75k bizness from two years ago, and now this one.  Hoping to apply for the MC in 8 days!

How long to post miles?

You're a senior member?  Nobody pays the fees on the AA card.  Take the points, cancel, then re-apply.

dcg9381 said:   

How long to post miles?

Miles should post as soon as the first statement after hitting required spending closes.

HawkeyeNFO said:   
You're a senior member?  Nobody pays the fees on the AA card.  Take the points, cancel, then re-apply.

Making sure.. it sounded like those lines of credit were still open.

chedv said:   50,000 Point AA Mastercard just went live too: Link   

Looks nearly identical to the Visa.  It's a different product, so you should get the points on both Visa and MC.

Has anybody been successful in opening 3 Citi AA accounts in a short time frame?
If so have you been awarded all 3 bonuses?
Can you please provide some detail?
I am thinking of applying for the Cit AA MC once my 2 Citi Visas post to my AA account in late Aug. and early Sept.. I rather not take a hit to my credit report if I doomed to fail.
So Thank You very much for any information and insight as I greatly appreciate any and all help!

According to the Flyertalk forum, this deal might be dead. Details are scarce, but people are being denied if you already have one AA card open.

I applied yesterday and was instantly approved. I have another AA card that has been open for 18+ months.

Hoping to try the 8 day churn, so hope it is not dead.

chedv said:   50,000 Point AA Mastercard just went live too: Link   

Looks nearly identical to the Visa.  It's a different product, so you should get the points on both Visa and MC.

Should this work if I just got my second visa card?

I really doubt it.  Looks like you can now only have 1 AA, regardless of type.  I'm guessing one every 18 months.

Denied, but the reason given was credit overextension rather than churning. 

We are seeing more deals die than are born these days.. sad days with another one biting the dust.

AbbaZabba said:   

Not now.  The latest rounds of easy apps appears to be dead and we're back to 18-24 mo waits.

chedv said:   I really doubt it.  Looks like you can now only have 1 AA, regardless of type.  I'm guessing one every 18 months.

For what it's worth, I just got one a couple weeks ago and had a Bronze AA card still kicking around.

Interestingly enough, I just got an offer for 60k miles after spending 3k in 3 months

So what are the chances of receiving the bonus for those of us that just picked up a second AA Visa within the last 10 days? As long as it was approved should bonus should come through?

ChipLeader said:   So what are the chances of receiving the bonus for those of us that just picked up a second AA Visa within the last 10 days? As long as it was approved should bonus should come through?

yep, spend the $$ and you'll get the bonus

esaver2k1 said:   Interestingly enough, I just got an offer for 60k miles after spending 3k in 3 months

likely targeted...

have you gotten a Citi AA in the last 18 months?   if not, i'd be all over that offer.

RiversideTom said:   
esaver2k1 said:   Interestingly enough, I just got an offer for 60k miles after spending 3k in 3 months

likely targeted...

have you gotten a Citi AA in the last 18 months?   if not, i'd be all over that offer.

I'm sure it's targeted, based on the invite code. I'm an AU on my wife's cards (both AXP and MC), which are a little less than a year old. But it's tied to her AAdvantage account, not mine.

Does anyone know what the default AA account becomes if you don't have one before getting the points. I did create an AA account, but the points didn't seem to transfer to it, so I assume they created another account for me.

By the way, I applied twice for myself and wife, and we met the spending requirements quickly. Both statements show the 50,000 mile bonus plus the min spend points, so thanks OP. This was a super simple 110,000 points. Now I just need to find where they all went.

Lappie said:   Does anyone know what the default AA account becomes if you don't have one before getting the points. I did create an AA account, but the points didn't seem to transfer to it, so I assume they created another account for me.

By the way, I applied twice for myself and wife, and we met the spending requirements quickly. Both statements show the 50,000 mile bonus plus the min spend points, so thanks OP. This was a super simple 110,000 points. Not I just need to find where they all went.

Call the number on the back of your card, and ask them what AA account they linked it to.  Then you might be able to get them to switch it, or have AA consolidate your accounts.

TheGMan said:   
AbbaZabba said:   

Not now.  The latest rounds of easy apps appears to be dead and we're back to 18-24 mo waits.

I got Visa a month ago, can I apply for Master Card from the link above and get another 50K miles? Can someone please confirm?

nanga said:   
TheGMan said:   
AbbaZabba said:   

I got Visa a month ago, can I apply for Master Card from the link above and get another 50K miles? Can someone please confirm?

No, won't work.

nanga said:   
TheGMan said:   
AbbaZabba said:   

FWIW, I applied for two Visa's a month ago and got them.  Also got the points. I applied for a Business MC just the other day and received this via email:

Why we're writing you

Thank you for applying for a Business Card account.
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your application at
this time because:

o   You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

We appreciate your interest and we hope to have the opportunity
to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

Credit Management Department

@nanga - No, Citi has wised up and now it's 18-24 months between all amex/visa/mc of the same level (e.g. platinum).
@lapie - 3+ apps auto deny within 65 days of first app.  Gotta wait longer than what you did.

stm69 said:   @nanga - No, Citi has wised up and now it's 18-24 months between all amex/visa/mc of the same level (e.g. platinum).
@lapie - 3+ apps auto deny within 65 days of first app.  Gotta wait longer than what you did.

There are reports of people being able to get a 2nd Visa/MC after ~12 months lately but YMMV

So will I be denied if I apply for new master card within a month or I may be approved but bonus miles will not show up? If its first, I may just give a try, but if later, its risky.

Thanks,

One quick question, can anyone confirm that load to amex serve card via Citi AA is charged as cash advance? I loaded from chase in the past, but that wasn't cash advance but I think I read somewehre that citi treat as cash advance. Just want to confirm.

Thanks,

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014