Best credit card for college grad?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi everyone.

I am a recent college grad who will be working full time next month. I was wondering what would be the best credit card for me to get. I've had a US Bank credit card for 4 years with a $1500 limit but I'm not very satisfied with their services. I've never had a late payment. I want to try and continue to improve my credit score and take advantage of the great rewards some cards have. Thanks in advance!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You missed a golden opportunity to apply for credit cards geared towards college students, where they're much more lax of thin credit files. That being said, all is not lost, as there are many cards you could still get, but it might be a while before you start seeing nice limits. Check out the sticky thread What Credit Card Should I Get ? FAQ for some suggestions on cards.

See if you can get a parent or something to add you to a card or two or theirs as user (assuming little to no balance, no lates and long history). Even if can't 4 year credit history should get you approved with most major banks however a smallish limit is likely so wouldn't recommend applying for the signature world version as they often have 5k min limit. Might be useful to ask US Bank for cli to 3k (1500 cli sometimes don't require inquiry with us bank)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.