• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those who want a Visa Signature credit card with 1.5% Cash Back with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, sign up for the Capital One QuickSilver Cash Rewards Visa credit card.

Summary of Key Benefits:
•Earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day
•No rotating categories and no sign ups needed to earn cash rewards
•Redeem the Cash Back you earn for any amount, any time
•Save with a low intro APR on purchases and no annual fee
•One-time $100 bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months

Capital One Website

Member Summary

QuickSilver Rewards
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I had the Cash rewards card already (got that $100 bonus), then I applied for this card and got the bonus too...

Minoritydan (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 11:53a) |

I expected a low limit from them, and that's what I got, too.

bankdealsrule (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 5:01p) |

I guess you have to be a millionaire to get the $5k credit limit for the visa signature? I have the old cash rewards mas... (more)

Quovatis (Nov. 05, 2013 @ 10:31p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Same as Capital One CashBack without the waiting for the .5% additional rebate.

Obviously if I would apply I would go for the Quicksilver today but since I have the other I will just wait out the rebate amounts.

I've swapped Credit Cards zillions of times and Capital One always one ups their own products. They started with the Venture, then did the CashBack and now the Quicksilver. Products get more competitive, but the Quicksilver isn't a huge breakthrough over the existing Cash Back Card. Only difference is you don't have to wait for the additional .50% rebate.

If you have CashBack already, and other Capital One Cards, the Quicksilver isn't that significant.

That sounds like a good upgrade.

I really like how the Capital One Cash Back posts very quickly and has no threshold of redeeming - unlike Discover or Chase. No waiting a month, or next statement, or after payment, or til you get to $20 etc.

Like grex23 I already have the other card so I won't be jumping on this right away (just applied for Ink anyway). My anniversary bonus is about to post, which will be nice, but then I'll have a long wait.

2 questions:

1) Does anyone know if Capital One does product conversions? I doubt they would product convert a Mastercard to a Visa though.

2) Anyone have more than 2 Capital One cards? I've got the CB and the venture, I seem to remember something about them being reluctant to issue more than 2. UPDATE: Just chatted with rep - no limit to # of Capital One cards you can have.

My thought is at your expiration of the existing Jimmy Fallon card, they will send this as the replacement, but I don't know for sure.

Rasheed

rasheedb said:   My thought is at your expiration of the existing Jimmy Fallon card, they will send this as the replacement, but I don't know for sure.

If that happens that would be without a hard pull at the expense of $100.... So it depends on whether a hard pull is worth the $100. I wonder if Capital One would offer more bonuses to targeted customers later. Historically they have been very conservative on sign-on bonuses and I always get the $100 for $1000 offer.
The new public offer of $100 for 500 spending is the best I've seen so far. Was anyone offered more than $100 before?

*Update* I remembered now that I had a $200 offer for the Capital One Miles card probably 8-10 years ago.

View said:   rasheedb said:   My thought is at your expiration of the existing Jimmy Fallon card, they will send this as the replacement, but I don't know for sure.

If that happens that would be without a hard pull at the expense of $100.... So it depends on whether a hard pull is worth the $100. I wonder if Capital One would offer more bonuses to targeted customers later. Historically they have been very conservative on sign-on bonuses and I always get the $100 for $1000 offer.
The new public offer of $100 for 500 spending is the best I've seen so far. Was anyone offered more than $100 before?

*Update* I remembered now that I had a $200 offer for the Capital One Miles card probably 8-10 years ago.
How could anyone forget when they were offering $1100 to sign up for the Venture card just a couple of years ago? (No, I did not miss a decimal point.)

mactv said:   That sounds like a good upgrade.

I really like how the Capital One Cash Back posts very quickly and has no threshold of redeeming - unlike Discover or Chase. No waiting a month, or next statement, or after payment, or til you get to $20 etc.

Like grex23 I already have the other card so I won't be jumping on this right away (just applied for Ink anyway). My anniversary bonus is about to post, which will be nice, but then I'll have a long wait.

2 questions:

1) Does anyone know if Capital One does product conversions? I doubt they would product convert a Mastercard to a Visa though.

2) Anyone have more than 2 Capital One cards? I've got the CB and the venture, I seem to remember something about them being reluctant to issue more than 2. UPDATE: Just chatted with rep - no limit to # of Capital One cards you can have.


would like to know this as well, if anyone's got some answers. seems they've also got a "QuicksilverOne" mastercard with a $39 annual fee.

i have a really old platinum with a $500 limit that i never used but has a cool design (one of my first credit cards), and got a cash rewards a bit over a year ago with a $4900 cl (to give an idea, most of the other cards i use regularly have $7-10k+ limits with <$1k balances that i pay off each month, save 0% intro purchase apr).

i seem to recall them not wanting to convert the platinum or do a cli because i didn't use it (hence my applying for the cash), but i don't think i ever asked them to merge afterward. converting to this signature from the cash plain non-world mastercard would be great, though.

Of course Capital One won't give the full 1.5% to existing CashBack customers right away. It is not how the business model works.

As far as Card conversions go, I doubt they will convert it.

How is this card better than Bank of America's BankAmericard Travel Rewards? https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericar...

I just called and tried to convert my old No-Hassle Rewards Visa to the Quicksilver Visa, and the CSR was unable to make the conversion at this time because they just launched the card. I asked for an estimate of when the conversion would become available, and he looked up some info and stated "between July and the end of August", so I should call back next month to check again.

All of the old HSBC customers with the 2% card going away, looks like this is the replacement card next month.

Rasheed

Has anyone successfully converted a business card to a personal card without a pull?

It sounds like it would be an upgrade over the Fidelity Visa as a backup to the Fidelity AMEX because you have way more flexibility as to when to cash out, but to me, the $100 is just not worth 3 hard pulls.

I would be curious if I could be converted at time of approval for a different card.

I was searching through Credit Sesame for an average credit card with rewards (if it existed) and was recommended the Cap One for Newcomers card. I applied and was instantly approved for $1000. I was taken to Cap One to create my online account and as I explored the site, I came across the Quicksilver One. Annual Fee, yes, BUT 1.5% across the board. This would be more fair since I don't travel often in a year, but obviously would pay my bills/shop/buy gas consistently.

Just wondering if I call in, would they switch it over for me? Would it even be worth it? Hmmmm.

Word of caution for all: Apparently you need butt-focking amazing credit in order to qualify for this. I have ~5 credit cards, no loans (including school), no late payments, no mortgage, I pay off all my credit cards every month, no bad debt, no bankruptcy, yet I wasn't good enough. CreditKarma gives me a ~730+ Go figure.

Oh well, I figure I will qualify in due time, I'm guessing if anything it's from not having big debt under my belt such as a mortgage.

tjguitar85 said:   It sounds like it would be an upgrade over the Fidelity Visa as a backup to the Fidelity AMEX because you have way more flexibility as to when to cash out, but to me, the $100 is just not worth 3 hard pulls.

However, I appreciate the Fidelity VISA because it provides 2% after the first $15K spend/year. The Cash Back goes into my brokerage account and can easily be transferred to my checking with just a few clicks.

Good Luck,

sayhey said:   tjguitar85 said:   It sounds like it would be an upgrade over the Fidelity Visa as a backup to the Fidelity AMEX because you have way more flexibility as to when to cash out, but to me, the $100 is just not worth 3 hard pulls.

However, I appreciate the Fidelity VISA because it provides 2% after the first $15K spend/year. The Cash Back goes into my brokerage account and can easily be transferred to my checking with just a few clicks.

Good Luck,


I have nowhere near $15k on non-AMEX annual spending. Obviously if you do, it is better than the Capital One card.

justignoredem said:   Word of caution for all: Apparently you need butt-focking amazing credit in order to qualify for this. I have ~5 credit cards, no loans (including school), no late payments, no mortgage, I pay off all my credit cards every month, no bad debt, no bankruptcy, yet I wasn't good enough. CreditKarma gives me a ~730+ Go figure.

Oh well, I figure I will qualify in due time, I'm guessing if anything it's from not having big debt under my belt such as a mortgage.

Data point: I'm essentially in the same position, except I have a mortgage as of a few months ago and a 765 Credit Karma score, and I was approved instantly - $10k limit.

As with most applications, they asked about income and living expenses, so that's probably a factor as well.

-Ryan

I converted my Capital One Venture (2% Cash Back, but annual fee) to Quicksilver two days ago, without any issue. Though she tried to convert me to a VentureOne card first - ha.

EDIT: I should have mentioned they converted my Venture faux-miles on a penny-per-point basis, as if I had redeemed the "miles" for travel. 13,000 points transferred to $130 Cash Back on Quicksilver.

HiLine said:   How is this card better than Bank of America's BankAmericard Travel Rewards? https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericar...
Quicksilver has straight 1.5% Cash Back, vs BofA Travel Rewards "points" that can be cashed out after buying travel (essentially like Venture), with a minimum point spend (25,000 points I think?)

But on the flip side, the BofA card has EMV. I have both but I only really trot out the BofA card abroad, where EMV can be a big plus.

caforce said:   I just called and tried to convert my old No-Hassle Rewards Visa to the Quicksilver Visa, and the CSR was unable to make the conversion at this time because they just launched the card. I asked for an estimate of when the conversion would become available, and he looked up some info and stated "between July and the end of August", so I should call back next month to check again.

Update - I just called again today and was able to convert my old No-Hassles Cash Visa platinum to the Quicksilver Visa Signature card. My card number will stay the same, but they will be sending me new cards with the Quicksilver design.

caforce said:   caforce said:   I just called and tried to convert my old No-Hassle Rewards Visa to the Quicksilver Visa, and the CSR was unable to make the conversion at this time because they just launched the card. I asked for an estimate of when the conversion would become available, and he looked up some info and stated "between July and the end of August", so I should call back next month to check again.

Update - I just called again today and was able to convert my old No-Hassles Cash Visa platinum to the Quicksilver Visa Signature card. My card number will stay the same, but they will be sending me new cards with the Quicksilver design.


What number did you call or what dept. did you speak to?

Yep. Have the True 2% Cash Back Card from HSBC and after logging in to the Capital One website, the 1.5% Cash Back looks like is what I am signed up for. Bummer - losing 0.5% on my daily spender.


rasheedb said:   All of the old HSBC customers with the 2% card going away, looks like this is the replacement card next month.

Rasheed

I called to try to get converted to this card a coupe of weeks ago and was told that I couldn't convert. They even went so far as to tell me that I couldn't convert to ANY other card. Speaking to a manager didn't accomplish anything. They told me I was free to apply for the Quicksilver card, which I did, only to be denied. I then applied for the Bank Americard Travel Rewards card(essentially the same promotion and Cash Back) and was accepted. What a complete waste of my time.

profileaccounts said:   caforce said:   caforce said:   I just called and tried to convert my old No-Hassle Rewards Visa to the Quicksilver Visa, and the CSR was unable to make the conversion at this time because they just launched the card. I asked for an estimate of when the conversion would become available, and he looked up some info and stated "between July and the end of August", so I should call back next month to check again.

Update - I just called again today and was able to convert my old No-Hassles Cash Visa platinum to the Quicksilver Visa Signature card. My card number will stay the same, but they will be sending me new cards with the Quicksilver design.


What number did you call or what dept. did you speak to?


I called the number on the back of my card and spoke to a normal first-level CSR.

I called the number on the back of my card, and asked if I could have my rewards program converted into the "QuickSilver Cash Rewards" with 1.5% CashBack that I saw advertised. The first line CSR (with indian accent) transferred me to another CSR who was from Spokane, WA. She was able to convert my 30KCL Cap One Platinum No Hassle Rewards card (which had a kind of lackluster miles-based program, which was very inconvenient to redeem) to the "quicksilver one visa signature" with 1.5% CashBack and no annual fee. She clarifed there was no hard credit inquiry, and also said my existing miles would be converted into cash rewards, and I'd get a new card in the mail in 7-10 days. She also said I'd need to wait 6 months to be eligible for another similar "upgrade".

Now I'm going to have to get DW to call in about upgrading her 1.25% cash rewards Cap One to the 1.5%. (She's actually been receiving targeted mailing offers from CapOne about "upgrading" her to card to venture rewards.)

For anyone that has converted an existing card, do you know if you're getting the $100 bonus? I received the 100k matching bonus for converting to a Venture card last year.

MikeRT said:   For anyone that has converted an existing card, do you know if you're getting the $100 bonus? I received the 100k matching bonus for converting to a Venture card last year.

I don't think I'm getting any bonus. The CSR did not mention it, and when I log in to the Cap1 website and click on "Explore Rewards", I only see "1.5% Cash Back on every purchase" under my earning summary. Previously, the bonus was listed there, eg. "$100 bonus Cash Back when you spend $500 in the first 3 months."

I'm not anticipating getting the $100 bonus for account conversion. (The CSR didn't mention it, and I didn't ask for it.)

dollarshort said:   I called to try to get converted to this card a coupe of weeks ago and was told that I couldn't convert. They even went so far as to tell me that I couldn't convert to ANY other card. Speaking to a manager didn't accomplish anything. They told me I was free to apply for the Quicksilver card, which I did, only to be denied. I then applied for the Bank Americard Travel Rewards card(essentially the same promotion and Cash Back) and was accepted. What a complete waste of my time.

Funny.

I have an old HSBC Account but it doesn't look like it will be converted to Capital One.

MikeRT said:   For anyone that has converted an existing card, do you know if you're getting the $100 bonus? I received the 100k matching bonus for converting to a Venture card last year.

I just converted my Venture card (same 100k deal) to the QuickSilver card and I asked if it was eligible for the $100 bonus and was informed that was for new applications only, not conversions.

I wonder if the .5% the Cash Rewards would be getting end of year will follow the conversion.

Thanks OP, signing up for bonus and 1.5% general purpose.

Already have Cap one Cash rewards, instantly approved.

grex23 said:   dollarshort said:   I called to try to get converted to this card a coupe of weeks ago and was told that I couldn't convert. They even went so far as to tell me that I couldn't convert to ANY other card. Speaking to a manager didn't accomplish anything. They told me I was free to apply for the Quicksilver card, which I did, only to be denied. I then applied for the Bank Americard Travel Rewards card(essentially the same promotion and Cash Back) and was accepted. What a complete waste of my time.

Funny.


Glad someone found it funny. As a data point, she did say that the reason I don't have any offers on my account could be because I haven't used the card in a while, which is true. I never use that card because it doesn't have any rewards, which is the reason I wanted to get a product change in the first place.

bluevideo said:   I converted my Capital One Venture (2% Cash Back, but annual fee) to Quicksilver two days ago, without any issue. Though she tried to convert me to a VentureOne card first - ha.

EDIT: I should have mentioned they converted my Venture faux-miles on a penny-per-point basis, as if I had redeemed the "miles" for travel. 13,000 points transferred to $130 Cash Back on Quicksilver.
Hmmm. I have about 175,000 points sitting on my Venture card and my wife about 25,000. I wonder if they'd simply give us the cash rebates if we convert. That would be nice. Also (speaking of Venture card), neither my wife or I got billed this year for the fee. Maybe the fee is waived after a specific amount of use ????

MisterEd said:   Hmmm. I have about 175,000 points sitting on my Venture card and my wife about 25,000. I wonder if they'd simply give us the cash rebates if we convert. That would be nice. Also (speaking of Venture card), neither my wife or I got billed this year for the fee. Maybe the fee is waived after a specific amount of use ????

My negative 1300 point balance converted over to negative $13.00.

Zon said:   My negative 1300 point balance converted over to negative $13.00.Now thats funny.

For the 0% APR, do we have to make min. payments each month or can we make no payments for 12 months? The 0% on top of the bonus $100 and 1.5% sounds nice.

Skipping 37 Messages...
I guess you have to be a millionaire to get the $5k credit limit for the visa signature? I have the old cash rewards mastercard and now this one, but both only have a $3k limit. I'm hoping I can call them to move some of the credit limit from my old card to the new QuickSilver to get the required $5 limit. Any one have experience with that?  I'd really like the signature benefits and plan to use this card a lot.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.