• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Thanks for the tip, got the 1000 points right away.

Yoksel said:   Thanks, imbatman! Got them now!

Guys, for those who already linked the accounts, what you have to do is go back into your TY account, select My Account - Use a Promotional Code. In the Promotional or Invitation Code leave the Promotional selected, put the code in and submit. The points will post immediately.
Thanks -- I was also waiting for it, but doing this gave me the pts instantly

jatan1986 said:   Yoksel said:   Thanks, imbatman! Got them now!

Guys, for those who already linked the accounts, what you have to do is go back into your TY account, select My Account - Use a Promotional Code. In the Promotional or Invitation Code leave the Promotional selected, put the code in and submit. The points will post immediately.

Glad I read back here and did just this. Got my 1000pts.

I received, "You are not eligible for the promotional bonus at this time."

Oh well...must have hit the 20K already...

armature said:   I received, "You are not eligible for the promotional bonus at this time."

Try entering the code under bonus registration code instead of promotion code area

imbatman said:   Mine was immediate. I did bonus code first, but didnt have my credit card with me so I couldn't register.
Then when I got my card I did bonus code. Said I was already registered (which I was).
Then I entered the number in bonus AND promo code fields when i had my card with me. Got my points immediately.

Already spent them.

Perfect, thanks!

KublaKhan said:   armature said:   I received, "You are not eligible for the promotional bonus at this time."

Try entering the code under bonus registration code instead of promotion code area

This worked for me

I got this message when I did it,

"Thank you. Your code has been submitted.
You are ALMOST DONE! Now just click on "Continue" below (or go to Amazon.com/citi) to link your ThankYouŽ and Amazon.com accounts. Offer expires at 11:59 PM ET on 6/30/2013 or until the first 20,000 members have linked-whichever comes first. Once you link, bonus points will be posted to your ThankYou account by July 10th 2013. For questions, contact Customer Service at 1-800-THANKYOU. ThankYouŽ Customer Service hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 8AM-1AM ET, and 9AM-9PM ET on Saturday and Sunday."

Thanks OP. I received 1k points for my Preferred card.

I next wanted to do same with my AT&T business card TYP account but according to CSR, that card cannot be linked to Amazon. Although it accepted the bonus registration code, linking it on Amazon's website gives an error.

Yoksel said:   imbatman said:   Mine was immediate. I did bonus code first, but didnt have my credit card with me so I couldn't register.
Then when I got my card I did bonus code. Said I was already registered (which I was).
Then I entered the number in bonus AND promo code fields when i had my card with me. Got my points immediately.

Already spent them.

Thanks, imbatman! Got them now!

Tricky last step, but you get an undeniable:

"Confirmation

Congratulations! You have received 1000 Bonus Points."

Yaaaaay! Thanks, imbatman! I was linked, but I didn't get the 1k points until I went back and re-entered the code in both places. Then I got the points immediately. Thanks, OP! I'm off to figure out which of the hundred things on my "Saved for Later" list I'm going to buy!

Linked, now hope the points show up.

niniss said:   Linked, now hope the points show up.

They will show up immediately if you go back and enter the code in the bonus and promo code fields.

Thanks! Worked for me!

Thanks. That did the trick.
Thanks OP

Nice! I just got my bonus point immediately. Put the code in the "Promotional Code" section, not the "Bonus Registration Code" section.

parmenides said:   niniss said:   Linked, now hope the points show up.

They will show up immediately if you go back and enter the code in the bonus and promo code fields.

Thank you SO MUCH! Now i know why i didn't get the points. Just went back in and re-entered the codes and the points showed up right away.

KublaKhan said:   armature said:   I received, "You are not eligible for the promotional bonus at this time."

Yep...that fixed it...Thanks...

Thanks OP and for the tip from the other person. It worked great.

Still active as of right now. Thanks OP!

jatan1986 said:   Yoksel said:   Thanks, imbatman! Got them now!

Got 1000 more pts automatically

06/28/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points Bonus 1,000
07/09/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points Bonus 1,000

jatan1986 said:   jatan1986 said:   Yoksel said:   Thanks, imbatman! Got them now!

Got 1000 more pts automatically

06/28/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points Bonus 1,000
07/09/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points Bonus 1,000

Wow, me too. Same dates as well.

got my 1,000 points. I didn't enter the code twice so only got it once.

Thanks. I got my double dip, too:

06/28/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points
Bonus 1,000
07/09/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points
Bonus 1,000

Here is how to disable Shop with Points:

1. Goto: https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html
2. Under the heading "Payment", click on: Shop with Points
3. Login.
4. Click disable under your credit card info.

Appears to be expired.

Just tried (9:14 AM PDT) and got:
"Expired offer code" when entered in the Bonus code box
and
"The promotional period on this bonus has expired" when entered in the promotional cod box

BuyBuyBuySellSellSell said:   Here is how to disable Shop with Points:

3. Login.

TYVM for sharing!!

I got the double dip as well.

6/29/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points
Bonus 1,000
07/09/2013 Link TY and Amazon accounts to get 1000 points
Bonus 1,000

I got the same response, as I entered the code in Promo box as well as the bonus code box, but the system added 1000 pts anyway.

hpack said:   Appears to be expired.

Just tried (9:14 AM PDT) and got:
"Expired offer code" when entered in the Bonus code box
and
"The promotional period on this bonus has expired" when entered in the promotional cod box

BuyBuyBuySellSellSell said:   Here is how to disable Shop with Points:

3. Login.

One thing I learned about the shop with points at Amazon.com is when redeeming points you have to use that same credit card to place your order. I have gift certificate money in my Amazon account and I wanted to use my Thank You Rewards points and then pay the rest with my Amazon gift card balance but the system wouldn't allow that.

You can apply an unused Amazon GC if you have one -- just select pay with points and then apply the GC on the final checkout page (did this earlier this year to get rid of ~$2 in TY points sitting in my account)

You can also try to place the order using points & CC then quickly go to the order status page and click on "apply GC balance to this order" -- I haven't tried this so not sure if it works

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014