• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Except for the business 401(k) offer, these offers have expired.

• $100 for opening a 360 Checking account and doing a total of five debit card purchases or check-image deposits. The terms say "this has to be your first 360 Checking (this includes Electric Orange, too)."

• $76 for opening a 360 Savings account with at least $500

• $76 for referring two friends

• $176 for opening a Sharebuilder brokerage account with promotional code sbfids2013 or SBFIDS2013 (not sure whether capitalization matters) and depositing $5000 cash into it; deposit must be done by July 19

• discount of $17, $76 or $176 when opening a 401(k) with promotional code JULYSAVE by August 4 link

• $276, $376 or $576 for opening a Sharebuilder IRA by July 3 with promotional code IRAFIDS2013 and putting $25,000 to $100,000 into it by deposit, rollover or transfer by September 3.

http://home.capitalone360.com/independence

Except for the 401(k), any of these accounts must be opened by July 3rd. With some of these accounts, there is likely to be a fee when you close the account.

Member Summary

Capital One 360 (79.29kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Finally received the checking bonus - Now then: How long do I have to keep funds in order for the bonus to be permanant/... (more)

justignoredem (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 9:01p) |

Bump - anyone happen to know how long we need to keep the account open in order to keep the bonus?

justignoredem (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 5:18p) |

The deal stated: "...Assets transferred into the account to qualify for this promotion must remain in the account (minus... (more)

bankdealsrule (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 11:12p) |

Initial OP (Jun 27, 2013):
In the past, they've given decent bonuses for opening checking, savings, brokerage or retirement accounts. The Web page they've put up has no details about what they will be offering.

It just says the promotion will start on July 1 at "12:00 a.m." (could be noon or midnight) and will end on July 3 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.

http://home.capitalone360.com/independence

Edit to OP (Jun 30, 2013):
edit: other commenters have said that it will begin at midnight on July 1. I am unsure whether they meant the beginning of July 1, or the end.

New OP (Jul 1, 2013):
They are offering:
  • $100 for opening a 360 Checking account and doing five debit card purchases or five check-image deposits. The terms say "this has to be your first 360 Checking (this includes Electric Orange, too)."

• $76 for opening a 360 Savings account with at least $500

• $76 for referring two friends

• $176 for opening a Sharebuilder brokerage account with promotional code sbfids2013 or SBFIDS2013 (not sure whether capitalization matters) and depositing $5000 cash into it; deposit must be done by July 19

• discount of $17, $76 or $176 when opening a 401(k) with promotional code JULYSAVE by August 4 link

• $276, $376 or $576 for opening a Sharebuilder IRA by July 3 with promotional code IRAFIDS2013 and putting $25,000 to $100,000 into it by deposit, rollover or transfer by September 3.

https://home.capitalone360.com/independence

Except for the 401(k), any of these accounts must be opened by July 3rd. With some of these accounts, there is likely to be a fee when you close the account.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

filmy said:   It just says the promotion will start on July 1 at "12:00 a.m." (could be noon or midnight)Really? Noon or midnight?
12 AM is midnight
12 PM is noon

It's advertised as "July 1st 12:00 AM ET – July 3rd 11:59 PM ET," so it's supposed to start on July 1st at 12 MIDNIGHT (Eastern Time).

TheDiggler said:   filmy said:   It just says the promotion will start on July 1 at "12:00 a.m." (could be noon or midnight)Really? Noon or midnight?
12 AM is midnight
12 PM is noon

It's advertised as "July 1st 12:00 AM ET – July 3rd 11:59 PM ET," so it's supposed to start on July 1st at 12 MIDNIGHT (Eastern Time).

I'd say it's a solid, thorough calculation. As solid and thorough as they come these days...

TheDiggler said:   filmy said:   It just says the promotion will start on July 1 at "12:00 a.m." (could be noon or midnight)Really? Noon or midnight?
12 AM is midnight
12 PM is noon

Literally speaking, AM means "ante meridian", or "before the middle (noon)", and PM means "post meridian", or "after the middle (noon)", so "12:00 AM" literally means "12 hours before noon" and "12:00 PM" literally means "12 hours after noon", which would mean that both refer to midnight and that there's no way to refer to noon using such a notation. However, it's convention to accept that "12:00 AM" is midnight and "12:00 PM" is noon (thought I and many others prefer the much less ambiguous "12:00 M" and "12:00 N"). So, no matter which way you look at it, it's clear that CapitalOne 360 is talking about midnight.

GamingG said:   
Literally speaking, AM means "ante meridian", or "before the middle (noon)", and PM means "post meridian", or "after the middle (noon)"

I've often wondered but always been too lazy to google it

What was the deal from the previous year?

In the past, they've given decent bonuses for opening checking, savings, brokerage or retirement accounts
Could you tell me what did they give away before.

supiantri said:   What was the deal from the previous year?

In the past, they've given decent bonuses for opening checking, savings, brokerage or retirement accounts
Could you tell me what did they give away before.

Here, let me google that for you....

http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/ing-direct-independence-days-sal...
ING DIRECT’s Financial Independence Days Sale is now live with many offers good through Tuesday, July 3rd, 11:59pm ET. With up to $152 Electric Orange Bonus, this is now a great time to open an ING Direct checking account. In addition to the checking account bonus, there is also the $76 Sharebuilder bonus, $17.76 Kids Savings account bonus, $276 Rollover 401K bonus, $76 Refer a friend bonus, and $27.76 Teen Money account bonus.

Bonus Features:

Electric Orange $152 Bonus- get a $76 bonus when you make a total of 5 purchases using your Electric Orange Card or Person2Person Payments (or any combination of the two) within 45 days, then another $76 bonus for doing at least two Direct Deposits of at least $250 post to your Electric Orange by August 31st.
ShareBuilder Brokerage $76 Bonus- receive a $76 account bonus when you open a new ShareBuilder account and deposit $3,500 or more by 8/31/12. The offer is available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Wait 90 days to withdraw the $76 bonus after it is awarded to your account.
Rollover 401(K) ShareBuilder $276 Bonus- do a roll over or transfer $25K or more and get $276 or roll over or transfer $10K and get $176.
Refer-a-Friend $76 Bonus- simply refer 2 friends and they successfully open an account with $250 deposit to earn a $76 bonus(extra $56 over normal referal). Make sure to send referral emails before July 4th to join in this promotion.
Teen MONEY $27.76 Bonus- open this Teen checking MONEY account before July 4th and make 1 Card transaction (signature, PIN-based or with PayPass) to get the $27.76 bonus. Your teen must use their MONEY Card within 30 days.
Kids Savings Account $17.76 Bonus- simply open this joint savings account for your kid and they’ll earn a $17.76 bonus. Either you or the child must be a new Customer to ING DIRECT to get on this promotion.

And 2011
http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/2011/07/ing-directs-financia...

Is Cap One continuing ING's process of a hard pull when opening an Electric Orange account?

Rumor has it that they're going to offer a $100 bonus to new customers who open a checking account.

With "new customers" - Does that refer to anyone who had an EO account with ING? I am hoping it means "new customer" to cap one 360...

Yeah, I have closed all my ING accounts for a while. Am I a "new customer" to CapOne?

With ING you would always be a "customer" for life no matter how long ago any and all accounts were closed. Hope CapOne improved the practice of branding a unique customer number on SSNs which could only be provided in real time after desired promotions ended. ShareBuilder IDs were not acceptable no matter how large the stock account or how long had been open, even under CapOne.

filmy said:   edit: other commenters have said that it will begin at midnight on July 1. I am unsure whether they meant the beginning of July 1, or the end.Wow...

As soon as 1 second elapses AFTER June 30th @ 11:59:59 PM, it becomes MIDNIGHT on July 1st.
Next do you plan to question whether June has 30 or 31 days?

Received a promotional flyer in the mail maybe 2 days ago. I thought I saved it, but can't find it. The gist of the deal if I remember correctly is $100 for a new checking account?. And $76 for another type of account (savings?). It did catch my eye that the deal was good for July 1st-July 3rd.

(.. I'm almost positive it is $100 for opening one account and $76 for another).

https://home.capitalone360.com/independence

- $100 for NEW checking account (must be new customer -- excludes previous ING Electric Orange customers)

- $76 for NEW savings account (must be new customer -- excludes previous ING Orange Savings customers)

- $76 if you refer TWO friends

- $176 for new Sharebuilder account with $5000 deposit ("limit one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary")

- up to $576 for rolling over IRA to Sharebuilder ($576 for $100K, $376 for $50K, $276 for $25K)

- save up to $176 when opening a Business 401(k) Plan through Sharebuilder

swandown said:   https://home.capitalone360.com/independence

- $100 for NEW checking account (must be new customer -- excludes previous ING Electric Orange customers)

- $76 for NEW savings account (must be new customer -- excludes previous ING Orange Savings customers)

- $76 if you refer TWO friends

- $176 for new Sharebuilder account with $5000 deposit ("limit one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary")

- up to $576 for rolling over IRA to Sharebuilder ($576 for $100K, $376 for $50K, $276 for $25K)

- save up to $176 when opening a Business 401(k) Plan through Sharebuilder

Pretty decent. For those that haven't done the SB promotion before, there's a $200 for depositing $10K floating around, not affiliated with this promotion. I just did it 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if they do a hard pull for opening a savings account for a new customer?

I'm eyeing the $76 savings bonus, as that looks like it doesn't exclude current checking account holders who've never had a savings account. I'm assuming they won't do a second hard pull for that...

gloreglabert said:   I'm eyeing the $76 savings bonus, as that looks like it doesn't exclude current checking account holders who've never had a savings account. I'm assuming they won't do a second hard pull for that...

I have a checking and just opened the savings moments ago. Fastest bonus ever. The new account showed up online with $76 in it already!

My friends report that they only get offered $50 Bonus for checking and $25 for savings?? That accurate?

Might as well have them go through the Sale link and sign up that way, or am I missing something?

Previously had ING savings and checkings, but closed time a few months ago. Does anyone know if I am eligible, or should I wait out another year?

AndroAsc said:   Previously had ING savings and checkings, but closed time a few months ago. Does anyone know if I am eligible, or should I wait out another year?

If you have previously received bonuses for opening new accounts (checking and/or savings) with ING Direct or Capital One, you will not qualify to open them again with Capital One no matter how long you wait. They are once-in-a-lifetime-type bonuses, unfortunately. However, other family members (spouse, etc.) can sign up in the same household and get their bonuses too (on individual accounts).

Mr0ffic3r said:   My friends report that they only get offered $50 Bonus for checking and $25 for savings?? That accurate?

Might as well have them go through the Sale link and sign up that way, or am I missing something?

To get offered the higher amounts, you must click through the sale link when you sign up, making sure the promotion code is entered (the promo code will fill in automatically when you click through the sale link to sign up).

dukerau said:   Is Cap One continuing ING's process of a hard pull when opening an Electric Orange account?

Does anyone know? Hard pull when opening checking or savings?

Mr0ffic3r said:   My friends report that they only get offered $50 Bonus for checking and $25 for savings?? That accurate?

The FW Mod removed the most important words from that e-mail...

What I meant to ask is... I sent 'links' to my 'friends' to get them to open an account, so I can get my $76 'R' Bonus. I figured they (friends) would get the $100 bonus for opening an account, but when they go to the 'R link' that I sent them (Seems like I can't say the R word) - it only shows a $50 Bonus.

MrVietnam said:   
AndroAsc said:   Previously had ING savings and checkings, but closed time a few months ago. Does anyone know if I am eligible, or should I wait out another year?

If you have previously received bonuses for opening new accounts (checking and/or savings) with ING Direct or Capital, you will not qualify to open them again with Capital no matter how long you wait. They are once-in-a-lifetime-type bonuses, unfortunately. However, other family members (spouse, etc.) can sign up in the same household and get their bonuses too (on individual accounts).

This is true but if you only have their checking account, you can open a savings now and get the bonus.

Mr0ffic3r said:   Mr0ffic3r said:   My friends report that they only get offered $50 Bonus for checking and $25 for savings?? That accurate?

The FW Mod removed the most important words from that e-mail...

What I meant to ask is... I sent 'links' to my 'friends' to get them to open an account, so I can get my $76 'R' Bonus. I figured they (friends) would get the $100 bonus for opening an account, but when they go to the 'R link' that I sent them (Seems like I can't say the R word) - it only shows a $50 Bonus.

The fine print says your friends would be eligible for the $76 savings account bonus, but it says nothing about the $100 checking account bonus.

dl73 said:   gloreglabert said:   I'm eyeing the $76 savings bonus, as that looks like it doesn't exclude current checking account holders who've never had a savings account. I'm assuming they won't do a second hard pull for that...

I have a checking and just opened the savings moments ago. Fastest bonus ever. The new account showed up online with $76 in it already!

Damn, you weren't kidding...takes literally 60 seconds to open and grab the bonus.

Do they still pull the same crap with bonuses that ING Direct used to (at least from my experience)? With my first savings account from them, I signed up with an offer/code to get a $25 bonus. They later declined to pay the measly $25, as the offer was apparently only for ********s and I didn't have the referrer email address.

And when I signed up for Electric Orange a few years later, they were supposed to pay out the $50 bonus within 60ish days. But this didn't happen, and it only showed up after calling them up and inquiring about it.

EDIT: sorry if this shows up as a double post. Apparently FW requires all posts with the word "referral" to be reviewed by a mod.

reef rural.

That is all.

scottxmso, besides getting the bonus instantly, they also appear to do a real time check if you are eligible when you start to open the account. For example I started opening the same savings account bonus on my wife's 360 which already had an account from before, and it gave a message saying 'sorry, you aren't eligible for the bonus because you already have a savings account, but if you wish to proceed with opening one anyway..." and then I stopped. I have to this is the slickest bonus scheme I've ever seen, leaves no uncertainty.

Could you get the bonus for opening a savings account for a minor? Was about to do that at a local bank anyway.

If husband and wife are to open their own accounts, can the funding account be the same?

swandown said:   reef rural.

That is all.

Wow! Gaming FWF! 1,000,000 green.

Can anyone who had no existing Capital One/ING accounts confirm if they are doing a hard pull in the apply process for the checking/savings?

I had sort of "forgotten" whether I had ever had a ING savings account before and so sent them an email asking if I would receive a bonus if I applied for this savings account. I quickly received an email: "Unfortunately, we see that you've had 360 Savings in the past, which doesn't qualify you for the $76 bonus that we're currently offering."

It's been YEARS since I had that account so yes, they have long memories ....

soooo... hard pull or no?

okashiraaa said:   soooo... hard pull or no?
Depends on the Ho.

I was a previous ING customer and I am excluded from this Capone 360 savings deal. It told me in the middle of the app that I do not qualify since I have a prior account.

ING's IT team seems to have their crap together much more than most other banks. Which is good when you're using them, but unfortunate when you're trying to slip through the cracks and churn bonuses.

Skipping 36 Messages...
justignoredem said:   Bump - anyone happen to know how long we need to keep the account open in order to keep the bonus?
The deal stated: "...Assets transferred into the account to qualify for this promotion must remain in the account (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility) for at least 6 months or your award may be reclaimed by Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014