• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
So can anyone confirm if this started at midnight this morning?

I too would like to know if it is a HP or not. Can somebody please confirm or deny this?

BingBlangBlaow said:   So can anyone confirm if this started at midnight this morning?

It did.

Do they still pull hard like ING? If they do I may stick to a more juicy CC bonus for the same pull.

EDIT: On SD someone posted that CSR confirmed hard pull.

funding with a credit card anyone?

Opened Savings account (Never had Savings account before - Only ING checking and CapOne checking) as current customer, made initial deposit of $ 504 from one of my linked accounts with checking account, and new savings account with $ 580 in balance ($ 504 for initial transfer deposit & $ 76 bonus) was visible at online access immediately. $ 76 will be available to withdraw 7/31.

Quick and simple $ 76.

I have capital one high yield checking that I recently opened without any bonus. Am I still eligible for bonus on opening 360 checking account?

I heard that there is no HP for opening just a savings account. Can anybody confirm this?

I have a Capital One 360 checking account already. But I would like to take advantage of the savings account bonus. However, the bonus requires a new savings account with $500 initial deposit. I only have $150 on my checking account! Also, the external account I have linked was closed, so I can't fund using the external account. I tried adding a new external account, but this process takes several days (micro deposits stuff). So I guess my question is, is there a way to fund this new savings account or am I SOL?

They do a hard pull only on the checking account and they seem to be very strict with their credit standards for a checking account. I have a 699 FICO score according to them and they still denied me for it because my "credit balances are too high". BEWARE !

noelandres said:   [...] the bonus requires a new savings account with $500 initial deposit. I only have $150 on my checking account!

In the past, they've had promotions in late November each year. You could try waiting.

Has anyone else noticed that if someone sends you a "refer a friend" invite, you only get $50 for opening the checking account.

So annoying. You get $100 if you open it without the "refer a friend" invite...

But that's so weird, it's just after 6am here and apparently I got to wait till 8 am for them to open and I can confirm that. And they don't even say what time zone the 8 am they open in is at... I'm eastern time zone, so it could potentially be 11 am my time before they open...

noelandres said:   I have a Capital One 360 checking account already. But I would like to take advantage of the savings account bonus. However, the bonus requires a new savings account with $500 initial deposit. I only have $150 on my checking account! Also, the external account I have linked was closed, so I can't fund using the external account. I tried adding a new external account, but this process takes several days (micro deposits stuff). So I guess my question is, is there a way to fund this new savings account or am I SOL?

If your wife or someone else you know is a Capital One 360 customer can send you a person-to-person payment from their account, you can get it instantly and fund your savings account and get the $76 bonus (which posts immediately). That is what I did when I got the savings bonus for my wife's account. I P2P'd her the $500 from my account and then I opened the savings for her and she got a clean $76.

tusi said:   I have capital one high yield checking that I recently opened without any bonus. Am I still eligible for bonus on opening 360 checking account?

I believe you are screwed (so to speak of course). You could try calling their customer service (1-888-464-0727) and plead your case, but it is highly doubtful you will get a bonus. Why did you open a Capital One 360 account without a bonus offer?

USrules said:    EDIT: On SD someone posted that CSR confirmed hard pull.

Do they do hard pulls for savings and Sharebuilder accounts as well?

MrVietnam said:   USrules said:    EDIT: On SD someone posted that CSR confirmed hard pull.

Do they do hard pulls for savings and Sharebuilder accounts as well?

I just called a CSR and confirmed.

Hard pull for checking accounts.

NO hard pull for savings and sharebuilder accounts.

Even if you open a savings account first and then open a checking account there will be a hard pull for the checking.

MrVietnam said:   tusi said:   I have capital one high yield checking that I recently opened without any bonus. Am I still eligible for bonus on opening 360 checking account?

I believe you are screwed (so to speak of course). You could try calling their customer service (1-888-464-0727) and plead your case, but it is highly doubtful you will get a bonus. Why did you open a Capital One 360 account without a bonus offer?

They opened a Capital One High Yield account, which should have nothing to do with Capital One 360. I would say the bonus would still be awarded.

newbietx said:   I just called a CSR and confirmed.

Even if you open a savings account first and then open a checking account there will be a hard pull for the checking.
Expanding upon the highlighted statements above, according to customer service, even if you've opened a savings account over a year ago (and have continued to maintain it), without ever having established a checking account, opening a checking accounts requires a HARD PULL without exception. One reason provided is that their checking accounts include an overdraft line of credit (which you can opt out of afterwards by setting the overdraft limit to $0); however, to establish the initial checking account, they need to verify that you are credit worthy for such overdraft protection, even if you don't want it. That's a deal breaker for me.

Diggler - correct the checking account is a deal breaker for me also. However if one has never had a savings account then at the very least one should take advantage of that for an easy $76 with no hard pull. So I will be opening a savings account under this promo.

TheDiggler said:   newbietx said:   I just called a CSR and confirmed.

Expanding upon the highlighted statements above, according to customer service, even if you've opened a savings account over a year ago (and have continued to maintain it), without ever having established a checking account, opening a checking accounts requires a HARD PULL without exception. One reason provided is that their checking accounts include an overdraft line of credit (which you can opt out of afterwards by setting the overdraft limit to $0); however, to establish the initial checking account, they need to verify that you are credit worthy for such overdraft protection, even if you don't want it. That's a deal breaker for me.

I opened an EO checking account 2 years ago and at that time you could decline overdraft protection (set to 0) on the application. No matter, they still pulled credit (EQ, FWIW). I imagine the hard pull is in their automated application system and is something that can't be avoided without major changes which can't be financially justified.

I have IRA Savings and I was told I am not qualify for $76 bonus if I open a regular savings.

Couple Questions:

1) Any Requirements for these accounts? I know they say "No fees" but are any of these the types of accounts that charge you $x if you don't have at least $500 in the account?

2) How long do we have to hold the account open for so they won't take the bonus amount back?

Boo for a company whose Independence Day sale ends the day before.

GamingG said:   TheDiggler said:   filmy said:   It just says the promotion will start on July 1 at "12:00 a.m." (could be noon or midnight)Really? Noon or midnight?
12 AM is midnight
12 PM is noon

It's advertised as "July 1st 12:00 AM ET July 3rd 11:59 PM ET," so it's supposed to start on July 1st at 12 MIDNIGHT (Eastern Time).

Literally speaking, AM means "ante meridian", or "before the middle (noon)", and PM means "post meridian", or "after the middle (noon)", so "12:00 AM" literally means "12 hours before noon" and "12:00 PM" literally means "12 hours after noon", which would mean that both refer to midnight and that there's no way to refer to noon using such a notation. However, it's convention to accept that "12:00 AM" is midnight and "12:00 PM" is noon (thought I and many others prefer the much less ambiguous "12:00 M" and "12:00 N"). So, no matter which way you look at it, it's clear that CapitalOne 360 is talking about midnight.

Why the hell doesn't everyone just use the 24 hour clock? Or GMT?

I did this offer during the 4th of July sale:

$176 for opening a Sharebuilder brokerage account with promotional code sbfids2013 or SBFIDS2013 (not sure whether capitalization matters) and depositing $5000 cash into it; deposit must be done by July 19.

During the sale period I opened an account with a zero balance. Today I funded my Sharebuilder account with $5,000 cash. Does anyone know when I can expect the $176 bonus to be deposited into my Sharebuilder account. When I opened a savings account the $76 was instantly deposited into my account.

MrVietnam said:   I did this offer during the 4th of July sale:

$176 for opening a Sharebuilder brokerage account with promotional code sbfids2013 or SBFIDS2013 (not sure whether capitalization matters) and depositing $5000 cash into it; deposit must be done by July 19.

During the sale period I opened an account with a zero balance. Today I funded my Sharebuilder account with $5,000 cash. Does anyone know when I can expect the $176 bonus to be deposited into my Sharebuilder account. When I opened a savings account the $76 was instantly deposited into my account.

I called in and asked. To answer my own question, she said it would take 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion on July 19th and she said the bonus and $5,000 need to remain in the account for 180 days.

I received the $176 for the Sharebuilder in a couple days (even received an email confirmation) and the $76 for the Savings instantly. I did five debit charges, but haven't received the bonus. They were eBay payments however (so theoretically, they didn't count because they weren't swipes). Did anybody get their checking bonus yet?

It specifically says for those debit charges they need to be the type where you have to enter in your PIN#.

Also still wondering: Does ANYONE know if there are any rules on how long you have to keep your money in the checking or savings after you get the bonus so they can't take it back?

MrVietnam said:   

During the sale period I opened an account with a zero balance. Today I funded my Sharebuilder account with $5,000 cash. Does anyone know when I can expect the $176 bonus to be deposited into my Sharebuilder account? When I opened a savings account the $76 was instantly deposited into my account.

The $176 for opening my Sharebuilder account was deposited into my account this morning (July 15, 2013), so it looks like to took them 6 days to credit me the money even though in the boiler plate info I received from customer service they said to allow 4-6 weeks. Easy free money. Thanks OP and Sharebuilder.

Anybody get the checking bonus yet? I think I cheesed it by writting four checks to myself and using the check image scan deposit to finish off the five transactions. They've all cleared, but I haven't seen the bonus yet.

justignoredem said:   It specifically says for those debit charges they need to be the type where you have to enter in your PIN#.

Also still wondering: Does ANYONE know if there are any rules on how long you have to keep your money in the checking or savings after you get the bonus so they can't take it back?

Where did you see this? I read "◾The 5 Debit Card purchases can be either signature or PIN-based."

If anybody was wondering...

Thanks for participating in our bonus program. We confirmed that you've made the necessary transactions to qualify for the bonus. As a result, the bonus will automatically post to your 360 Checking on the 50th day from accepting Terms & Conditions, August 22, 2013.

TheDiggler said:   newbietx said:   I just called a CSR and confirmed.

is there a method online for setting the overdraft limit to $0? or do you have to call in?

Finally received the checking bonus - Now then: How long do I have to keep funds in order for the bonus to be permanant/no taksie-baksie?

Bump - anyone happen to know how long we need to keep the account open in order to keep the bonus?

justignoredem said:   Bump - anyone happen to know how long we need to keep the account open in order to keep the bonus?
The deal stated: "...Assets transferred into the account to qualify for this promotion must remain in the account (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility) for at least 6 months or your award may be reclaimed by Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014