• Text Only
fwuser12 said:   
pepperminty said:   
cak144 said:   
DPG said:   Opened 12/23
CapitalOne360 trial deposits posted 12/26
CapitalOne360 ACH posted 12/27
$200 bonus credited 12/31

Great timing.  You can do these once per calendar year.  (I have done for last 4 years).  So you can do it again in 2014.

How long after opening the account do you close it? I had been lazy in closing the account and whenever this offer showed up, I already had an account (most of these require no account in the past 90 days). I closed my last one in Aug but missed this Dec 15th offer, didnt think of buying from eBay. I guess I lost the 2013 calendar year. Now even in 2014 cant find the $200 offer.

I think there is usually a penalty if closed within 6 mos. Not sure if they impose it strictly but I have always waited 6 mos.

So 3 + 6 = 9 months. That means I can leave the account open for only 3 months (if I want to do this every year), right?

I believe this offer is live again - with an expiration date of 2/15/2014. Anyone got a link to it? (I think it is only viewable to those who already have a Chase online account).

@d1v1n3g0d, where did you get this info? I am also interested in this offer.

d1v1n3g0d said:   I believe this offer is live again - with an expiration date of 2/15/2014. Anyone got a link to it? (I think it is only viewable to those who already have a Chase online account).
  I have a chase account, can't find a link for a checking promo.

Treefarn said:   
d1v1n3g0d said:   I believe this offer is live again - with an expiration date of 2/15/2014. Anyone got a link to it? (I think it is only viewable to those who already have a Chase online account).
  I have a chase account, can't find a link for a checking promo.

Also, they only allow checking accounts if you live in certain states (i.e. where they have branches).  

I have chase online account and chase bank branch just next to the street I live, but still didnt get any offer. Please post the link if anyone has it.

Just bought the chase checking coupon on eBay for $2.

Same coupons that does not require D.D. go for $15-$20 though.

Pardon me if the question sounds stupid, but does Chase checking coupons are area specific? I mean do I need to check eBay for coupons from my area/state or they can be from anywhere?

I used one from eBay that was sent from a different branch in a different state. When I took it in, they didn't seem to care. YMMV.

Chase doesn't care about what region the coupon came from, but they will only open checking accounts in certain states.

They are OK with a quick address change... Do this only if it is for real, otherwise it could be considered a less than ethical / moral / legal thing to do ;^)

I asked them when I opened my account with them and they do business in all 50 states. They just don't allow accounts to be OPENED in all 50 states. I currently bank with them in a state in which Chase does not allow checking accounts to be opened.

Can I just make one DD in order to get the $200 bonus?

From there, I plan to keep $1,500 in there just to keep it from incurring monthly fee.

chrislee9734 said:   Can I just make one DD in order to get the $200 bonus?

From there, I plan to keep $1,500 in there just to keep it from incurring monthly fee.

That's what I did.  Worked like a charm.

Just letting folks on this old thread know that I've seen a new Jan 2014 offer for $150 and possibly $200, the info is here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1337277/

Anyone recently get a bonus for direct deposit via a bank transfer? What were the details? thanks

Anyone else recently open an account and notice ACH not working anymore?

No, last week BB triggered my ACH and my $150 bonus was in account on Tuesday.

So, "no."

I cancelled my Chase checking about 7 months ago, then opened and transferred the money to a Chase savings. Am I eligible to open up a new checking account (with this offer) and then eventually transfer the money back over to the checking?

cheapedy;18399052 said:I cancelled my Chase checking about 7 months ago, then opened and transferred the money to a Chase savings. Am I eligible to open up a new checking account (with this offer) and then eventually transfer the money back over to the checking?

Yes, you're considered a new customer if you haven't had an account in the last

$150 link is dead even though it's not the 31st, anybody got a new one? Sometimes doing a google search for "chase checking" will bring it up as a sponsored result. 

There's a new $150 link for Chase Total Checking with DD available through July 7, 2014.

https://www.chase.com/legacy/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/share...

Don't have a link for the $200 yet though.

maximoney said:   There's a new $150 link for Chase Total Checking with DD available through July 7, 2014.

https://www.chase.com/legacy/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/310645_get150&ID=0000016384&jp_cmp=rb/BBBrandDesktopExact/sea/na/chasecoupons&ef_id=UjJFPAAAAKAF0LQF:20140328113945:s

Don't have a link for the $200 yet though.

There is more discussion on that here
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1337277/   Thanks for posting

Wow how times have changed. So not only did chase not accept my initial ACH deposit and when I sent a secure message for my bonus said I need payroll, etc but when I filled out my payroll DD and had my paycheck direct deposited, they said that although it is clearly payroll my work payroll processor codes it as a ACH transfer and not a direct deposit so they won't be giving me the bonus. Oh well I guess eventually time had to come when it stopped for me. Although a little surprised the real direct deposit didn't trigger it. 

That sounds off. My direct deposits for work are also coded as ACH credits, and that triggered the bonus. Sounds like your branch might be a little confused... what would they consider as DD if not payroll ACH?

Out of curiosity how long is it taking you guys to receive your bonuses? I've been churning chase accounts for the last few years and they've always paid at the 10 day mark. This time however I'm at two full weeks still nothing. Not time to get worried just yet - just wondering if they've gotten noticeably slower in paying recently.

Wait til Tuesday. Chase always posts bonuses on a Tuesday.

ungar2000 said:   Wait til Tuesday. Chase always posts bonuses on a Tuesday.

He knows what he's talking about, my last 2 bonuses were 6/25/2013 and 12/31/2013...both Tuesdays!

emgeecee said:   Wow how times have changed. So not only did chase not accept my initial ACH deposit and when I sent a secure message for my bonus said I need payroll, etc but when I filled out my payroll DD and had my paycheck direct deposited, they said that although it is clearly payroll my work payroll processor codes it as a ACH transfer and not a direct deposit so they won't be giving me the bonus. Oh well I guess eventually time had to come when it stopped for me. Although a little surprised the real direct deposit didn't trigger it. 
  There are still working methods for receiving the bonus, they haven't closed all the loopholes. Serve/Bluebird both still trigger the bonus. 

I just opened up CHASE TOTAL CHECKING account online with a $150 coupon code from eBay. First time doing this online, 3rd time overall. I selected to fund the initial deposit of $100 via my Ally checking. Does CHASE charge a fee for this? If so, then should I just ACH the rest of my deposits  ($1500 min daily balance) to Chase from Ally (I believe its free).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014