• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Bagofchips said:   bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out
edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...
not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me
How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?

eBay buyer protection, which will be mentioned by eBay on the item listing if it applies, should at least cover you that the coupon was genuine. what part of the terms are not clear?
That would just protect you for the $30 or so you paid for the coupon though.

Ads by Google
rated:
^^ Right, so then your risk is just:

• foregone interest which is a nit
  • foregone bonus somewhere else (but only if you don't have the funds to do 2 at once)
  • your time and effort

You're not crowding yourself out from a downstream Chase $200 bonus (or whatever is in play in 91 days once resolved), since you never got the bonus on this one.

rated:
In my experience with a $200 dollar start-up last month, they're way more restrictive about direct deposit. I tried a paypal (denied), tried an ACH from another bank to Chase (denied) - but finally, setting up my FSA to drop a claim in there for a few bucks was what worked. YMMV, of course..

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   Bagofchips said:   bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me
How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?

eBay buyer protection, which will be mentioned by eBay on the item listing if it applies, should at least cover you that the coupon was genuine. what part of the terms are not clear?
...So, I can buy the coupon code from seller, get it by mail &/or email, enter it at Chase, do DD, tell seller the coupon didn't work at Chase to receive the bonus offer as described; get refunded (from seller or eBay Buyer Protection Resolution or chargebak); get the Chase bonus.

rated:
clutchcargo777 said:   kwest said:   Getting an error after going thru the whole application saying the coupon code can't be verified. Hmm.

In the past I've received this error if 90 days had not passed since I closed a previous Chase checking account. On day 91 it worked.

Weird, but true.

Important: if you get this error, don't complete the app, you will end up with an account and no bonus.

Thanks, that probably explains it. I closed the account a month or two ago.

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   Bagofchips said:   bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...

...So, I can buy the coupon code from seller, get it by mail &/or email, enter it at Chase, do DD, tell seller the coupon didn't work at Chase to receive the bonus offer as described; get refunded (from seller or eBay Buyer Protection Resolution or chargebak); get the Chase bonus.

The french word for that is "fromage" but might work, especially if don't believe in karma. They may need "proof" that it didn't work in which case you're doctoring web pages which is grifter-level fraud. (Not saying you're suggesting YOU would do that... you're just asking a hypothetical.)

rated:
Anyone have any luck trying to get through. Each time I try to use the Apply online I get the below error.

We were unable to process your request. System error occurred when processing the application. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. (5555)

Things I've tried:
Chrome/Firefox/IE
Logged in at the application
Logged in then went to application.

rated:
bauzer71487 said:   Anyone have any luck trying to get through. Each time I try to use the Apply online I get the below error.

We were unable to process your request. System error occurred when processing the application. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. (5555)

Things I've tried:
Chrome/Firefox/IE

It worked fine for me

rated:
bauzer71487 said:   Anyone have any luck trying to get through. Each time I try to use the Apply online I get the below error.

Things I've tried:
Chrome/Firefox/IE

Most people I know who've tried applying online in the past year have mentioned problems. Phone Chase while you're online, and keep screen shots of every page you visit. Chase can also look at your computer's screen if you click on the tiny icon near the bottom center of the screen, the one with arrows pointing left and right. Also Chase seems to have compatibility problems with Firefox, Google, and versions of IE newer than 8.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   
Most people I know who've tried applying online in the past year have mentioned problems. Phone Chase while you're online, and keep screen shots of every page you visit. Chase can also look at your computer's screen if you click on the tiny icon near the bottom center of the screen, the one with arrows pointing left and right. Also Chase seems to have compatibility problems with Firefox, Google, and versions of IE newer than 8.

That could be it, I've got IE10, but access to an IE8 at work. I'll give it a try tomorrow and will report back.

rated:
bankdealsrule said:   How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?

The buyer would save a .pdf print of every page in the application process, especially the ones that say a $500 bonus code was applied to the account.

rated:
mattun said:   Nummerkins said:   Thanks OP, in for two. Not sure if this was the case in the past but funding Chase checking with a Chase CC would not work for me.

Barclays Priceline 2% treated it as a cash advance.

that sucks. i had just put it on mine before i saw your post.

rated:
Doesn't work for me either. When I click to the link it goes to some strange part of the Chase site, with the message:

The page you requested has either moved or no longer exists. There are several ways to locate the information you are looking for:For individuals looking for information on Chase.com: Use the Site Map link on top of the blue bar at the top of the page to see a listing of sections within the site. Use the Search field in the top right corner of the page. Use the blue tabs at the top of the page to visit the main sections of the site.You can also find information related to Home Lending, Commercial Banking Services, Chase Premier Platinum, Credit Card and Auto Loans from this site.Thank you for visiting Chase.com.

When I click the top link to go to personal checking and enter my zip code (eligible for Chase bonuses, have roughly 30,000 branches in my city), there is no mention of a bonus of any kind.

rated:
Looks like they killed the link early.

rated:
Bought one on eBay for $0.99 last night. Paid $0.04 after using my eBay bucks. It worked today when my wife opened an account in branch.

rated:
jewsus said:   Bought one on eBay for $0.99 last night. Paid $0.04 after using my eBay bucks. It worked today when my wife opened an account in branch.

Same here. Got one from eBay and it went through without any problem.

rated:
Bought the $500 offer on eBay (for more than $.99!) ... it worked, account opened, saved all steps of the process for good measure. Gotta spend to get.

rated:
I had a fraud alert on my online account (not credit cards) that locked me out. After many calls, I was told I had to go to a branch to unlock my account. All the guy did was look at my ID, call chase support, and they unlocked it. None of my accounts were frozen, just the online ID.

They said it was from my opening deposit from my NFCU checking account. Meanwhile, the deposit went through fine and posted on both my NFCU account and my new Chase account.

rated:
jaytrader said:   I had a fraud alert on my online account (not credit cards) that locked me out. After many calls, I was told I had to go to a branch to unlock my account. All the guy did was look at my ID, call chase support, and they unlocked it. None of my accounts were frozen, just the online ID.

They said it was from my opening deposit from my NFCU checking account. Meanwhile, the deposit went through fine and posted on both my NFCU account and my new Chase account.

Almost exact same experience today only mine was triggered by 5/3 account. I wonder why that is happening now, never did in the past.

rated:
Damn, funded $500 with citi credit card while opening the account, just noticed that citi treated it as cash advance

rated:
Is this deal dead? Link isn't working

rated:
thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...

Thanks... your tip just gave me a net $470 profit... I would give you green x1000 if I could.

rated:
I received this email today from eBay. I assume that this will prevent Chase coupons over $100 from being sold on eBay or am I overlooking something? I hope so.

Updates to the manufacturer's coupon policy

Dear xxxxxx,

We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:

Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month,
whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity
listing.)

Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and
gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no
longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed.
After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including
restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.

Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay!

eBay Selling Team

rated:
guys - when using the coupon to open a checking account online, it asks if I'm a current chase customer and notes ( You're considered an existing customer if you have a credit card account, mortgage, loan or other financial product with Chase or one of our affiliates.)

Should I say yes given I have a credit card account. Will i still get the $150 checking bonus?

Thanks!

rated:
cak144 said:   I received this email today from eBay. I assume that this will prevent Chase coupons over $100 from being sold on eBay or am I overlooking something? I hope so.

Dear xxxxxx,

We're writing to let you know that as of today, updates to eBay's manufacturer's coupon policy take effect and may impact your listings:

Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month,
whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity
listing.)

Coupons for "free" products-including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and
gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping-may no
longer be sold on eBay.

Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed.
After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including

Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy now and review the terms printed on the coupon carefully before you list it to ensure compliance.

eBay Selling Team

I wouldn't classify this as a manufacturer's coupon (Think clipped coupons from newspaper for products with a barcode, that can be copied or forged...). However, some dufus reviewing reported listings at eBay may put it under coupon. The eBay policy seems to be an attempt to combat forged manufacturer's coupons, especially with calling out the "free item" coupons that are most often fraudulently produced.

Of course, the fine print on these chase offer codes may say they're non-transferrable, in which it's grey area anyways and could be removed....

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   Bagofchips said:   bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

Not even that because the protection is valid for 60 days and you will find out the coupon was no good later on when you don't get the bonus.

rated:
taxmantoo said:   bankdealsrule said:   How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?

The buyer would save a .pdf print of every page in the application process, especially the ones that say a $500 bonus code was applied to the account.

Doesn't help much. Some eBay sellers seem to resell the same code multiple times. The code is redeemed with Chase not when it's entered during the registration process but when the bonus is posted to the account. So it becomes a race which you know nothing about.
Ask me how I know.. I spent a while fighting CS online and then went to the branch to close the account. Branch manager offered to override and post the bonus manually, essentially $200 out of whatever marketing budget they have.

rated:
guys - on applying for the chase checking account online, it seems to classify new accounts as anybody who also has a chase credit card. Should I select yes or no to 'are you a current chase customer' - i do have a chase credit card

Thanks

rated:
CanisMajor said:   jaytrader said:   I had a fraud alert on my online account (not credit cards) that locked me out. After many calls, I was told I had to go to a branch to unlock my account. All the guy did was look at my ID, call chase support, and they unlocked it. None of my accounts were frozen, just the online ID.

Almost exact same experience today only mine was triggered by 5/3 account. I wonder why that is happening now, never did in the past.

same here as well. annoying as heck. especially when the phone rep made me answer identity-based questions, and i answered them (correctly), THEN he told me i had to go into a branch. then what was the point of having those if the BEST outcome is nothing?!?

rated:
sam008 said:   guys - on applying for the chase checking account online, it seems to classify new accounts as anybody who also has a chase credit card. Should I select yes or no to 'are you a current chase customer' - i do have a chase credit card

Thanks
They know you have a credit card...

rated:
ok but am i eligible for the checking offer i i have a credit card?

rated:
cak144 said:   I received this email today from eBay. I assume that this will prevent Chase coupons over $100 from being sold on eBay or am I overlooking something? I hope so.

Dear xxxxxx,

listing.)

longer be sold on eBay.

eBay Selling Team

I received this message from eBay too for other things I sell. Definitely wouldn't classify what I sell as coupons. I will continue to sell until they pull my listings. F*ck eBay.

rated:
$200 bonus paid a day after direct deposit from another bank.

rated:
sam008 said:   ok but am i eligible for the checking offer i i have a credit card?

Yes, assuming you meet the terms of the promotion

rated:
Yoksel said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   Bagofchips said:   bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

Not even that because the protection is valid for 60 days and you will find out the coupon was no good later on when you don't get the bonus.

Don't agree. The coupon is single-use and the online signup indicates what the promotion is and whether your account has successfully opened under that promotion. You find immediately it in the minutes it takes to sign up.

The only thing you find out later is whether Chase will invalidate you but that has absolutely nothing to do with eBay or the offer seller and so their protection policy shouldn't apply anyway.

EDIT: Sorry Yoksel I just saw your points further up in the thread about how "1-time" codes don't get authenticated until time of bonus redemption. I agree that could be a problem. This is a completely half-assed way to do things... sounds like your experience is recent? That is, maybe they've since corrected their approach to authentication. I at least received the actual materials so it seems less likely that my seller would have attempted fraudulent multi-sell.

I'm also kind of surprised they don't make these targeted offers valid only for the original recipient (like some credit card bonus offers). Maybe there are legal reasons they can't do that for deposit promos, dunno.

rated:
Yesterday I opened a Chase Total Checking account with a $200 promotion code. I am planning on sending an ACH from one of my two existing checking accounts at Wells Fargo or Alliant CU, and specifically using Bill Pay to avoid verification deposits. Chase has a "NATIONAL BANK BY MAIL" address on their website they say you can mail checks to, but I don't know if I should put that as the payee, or JP Morgan Chase, or my name. Does anyone have experience using a Bill Pay service to qualify for the direct deposit requirement, specifically at Alliant or Wells Fargo?

rated:
If I understand you correctly you plan to use a snailmail address in lieu of ACH to qualify for "direct" deposit. Never heard of banks willing to receive a paper check as such. Seems rather, well, indirect...

rated:
From my experience, Bill Pay services use the financial institution name and address to find their ACH "address", and will execute the transaction via ACH if possible, reverting to snail mail only if the receiving institution does not accept electronic transfers. I could just push the money from Alliant to Chase, but wouldn't the verification deposits instantly give away the fact that the transaction is not a direct deposit?

rated:
databender said:   From my experience, Bill Pay services use the financial institution name and address to find their ACH "address", and will execute the transaction via ACH if possible, reverting to snail mail only if the receiving institution does not accept electronic transfers. I could just push the money from Alliant to Chase, but wouldn't the verification deposits instantly give away the fact that the transaction is not a direct deposit?

Not in my experience. I've set up ach transfer via trial deposit verification to meet bonus terms many times with Case and never failed to qualify through subsequent DD.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Sorry Yoksel I just saw your points further up in the thread about how "1-time" codes don't get authenticated until time of bonus redemption. I agree that could be a problem. This is a completely half-assed way to do things... sounds like your experience is recent? That is, maybe they've since corrected their approach to authentication. I at least received the actual materials so it seems less likely that my seller would have attempted fraudulent multi-sell.

My experience is a bit less than a year old. I doubt Chase made any changes though since they have nothing to lose.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014