• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There may be old expired links for this. But here is the new link for signing up for new Chase checking account and get $200 Bonus.
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marke...

Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 10 business days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above requirements, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. The bonus cannot be used as the opening deposit. You can only receive one new checking account-related bonus per calendar year. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
He knows what he's talking about, my last 2 bonuses were 6/25/2013 and 12/31/2013...both Tuesdays!

icecube (Apr. 20, 2014 @ 7:16p) |

There are still working methods for receiving the bonus, they haven't closed all the loopholes. Serve/Bluebird both stil... (more)

doctorofcredit (Apr. 21, 2014 @ 4:28a) |

I just opened up CHASE TOTAL CHECKING account online with a $150 coupon code from eBay. First time doing this online, 3r... (more)

cheapedy (Apr. 22, 2014 @ 10:56p) |

New $150 Chase Bonus Link - valid through July 7, 2014. Also $300 coupon codes ($300 for saving and another $300 for checking) available on eBay.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does anyone know besides a direct deposit from work, what else can qualify/considered as a direct deposit?

Getting an error after going thru the whole application saying the coupon code can't be verified. Hmm.

I was able to proceed after entering my zipcode but i did not complete my application yet.
kwest said:   Getting an error after going thru the whole application saying the coupon code can't be verified. Hmm.

Nice find OP! This offer expires August 15th, 2013.

Now we won't have to deal with a bunch of new members posting their email and asking for this code... at least until August 15th.

Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...

not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me

thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

That one requires a $15,000 deposit though. If you got it, great its a better offer.

If you don't, then this one obviously is a great offer even still.

thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

Wow was not aware of this coupon, thanks.

Damn, yesterday I opened new account with only $150 bonus

phxaz05 said:   Damn, yesterday I opened new account with only $150 bonus

Probably you should call CS and refer to this promotion. They might match it.

stiltner said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

That one requires a $15,000 deposit though. If you got it, great its a better offer.

If you don't, then this one obviously is a great offer even still.


it doesn't really, all you need is to put in $100 and do the direct deposit requirement. first 2 months the fees are waived, and after that it's $25/month. Basically you'd pay $100 before you could cancel the account but you'd still come out wayyyy ahead

i got the same error, have you been able to get this resolved? I'm now stuck with a checking account I didn't need, and I don't think I'll get the bonus.

thetobster said:   stiltner said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

That one requires a $15,000 deposit though. If you got it, great its a better offer.

If you don't, then this one obviously is a great offer even still.


it doesn't really, all you need is to put in $100 and do the direct deposit requirement. first 2 months the fees are waived, and after that it's $25/month. Basically you'd pay $100 before you could cancel the account but you'd still come out wayyyy ahead


I got this offer, but I don't see the 1st 2 months the fees are waived. And you can't close the account within 6 months. If you do, they will take away the bonus.

With the $500 bonus looks like you have to have a branch in your state and within 30 miles. With the $200 bonus I don't see this fine print.

mannya said:   Does anyone know besides a direct deposit from work, what else can qualify/considered as a direct deposit?

In the past I know transfer from Ally or Paypal have counted.

yOyOYoo said:   Nice find OP! This offer expires August 15th, 2013.

Now we won't have to deal with a bunch of new members posting their email and asking for this code... at least until August 15th.


OP: please send me a code. My email is smith5726@gmail.com

Tempted to ask my wife to apply, but not seeing a way for us to satisfy the DD requirement, as she does not work, nor draw a govt. check. Any creative ideas?

(Paypal is the devil, so scratch that off your list)

Just to clarify: does the DD need to be just ONE time? And afterwards, I can have the direct deposit go back to my regular account?

I was thinking of giving my son who is an incoming senior in College a salary (he does work for me) through my LLC which has a checking account in Chase. Will this work? I guess I have to ask Chase how I can do the electronic payment of my son's salary so he can avail of this offer. Any thoughts about this?

CheapBustard said:   With the $500 bonus looks like you have to have a branch in your state and within 30 miles. With the $200 bonus I don't see this fine print.
Where's that fine print?

natevines said:   Just to clarify: does the DD need to be just ONE time? And afterwards, I can have the direct deposit go back to my regular account?

Usually the first direct deposit is to qualify for the $200. But in order to waive the monthly fee, you need a $500 direct deposit each month OR $1,500 in average month deposit. Otherwise, you get hit with the monthly fee.

fyi, you will receive a 1099 and have to pay taxes on the $200

saratang168 said:   thetobster said:   stiltner said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

That one requires a $15,000 deposit though. If you got it, great its a better offer.

If you don't, then this one obviously is a great offer even still.


it doesn't really, all you need is to put in $100 and do the direct deposit requirement. first 2 months the fees are waived, and after that it's $25/month. Basically you'd pay $100 before you could cancel the account but you'd still come out wayyyy ahead


I got this offer, but I don't see the 1st 2 months the fees are waived. And you can't close the account within 6 months. If you do, they will take away the bonus.

I opened it in the branch, they told me fees are waived for first 2 months. And i think that's always the case with these type of accounts

CheapBustard said:   With the $500 bonus looks like you have to have a branch in your state and within 30 miles. With the $200 bonus I don't see this fine print.

But the kicker is that if you don't have a branch within 30 miles you're going to open online, and when you try to (and enter your address) they will tell you that the promotion is not available in your area. Happens to me every time with these juicy chase checking bonuses...

Thanks OP, in for two. Not sure if this was the case in the past but funding Chase checking with a Chase CC would not work for me.

thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...

not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me

The $500 coupon needs a private client banker (or something like that) approval and they might harass you to put in more money in the account

Getting this message after going through the app
We're unable to complete your request. This product is no longer available for the ZIP code you entered. Please click "Chase.com" to see and apply for products now available in your area.

bharatiya said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out

edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...

not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me

The $500 coupon needs a private client banker (or something like that) approval and they might harass you to put in more money in the account


not true at all, i opened it a few days ago. a regular consumer banker opened it for me

Thank you OP!

$500 coupons on eBay are selling for $30 to $50...so after taxes and everything it's like $300 bonus

lpreddy said:   $500 coupons on eBay are selling for $30 to $50...so after taxes and everything it's like $300 bonus

In my opinion, it isn't worth going through all of that trouble for an extra $100 to the bonus.

mjoply said:   lpreddy said:   $500 coupons on eBay are selling for $30 to $50...so after taxes and everything it's like $300 bonus

In my opinion, it isn't worth going through all of that trouble for an extra $100 to the bonus.


Well it's an extra ($470 - $200)*(1-marginal t), so it's not just an extra $100...

kwest said:   mjoply said:   lpreddy said:   $500 coupons on eBay are selling for $30 to $50...so after taxes and everything it's like $300 bonus

In my opinion, it isn't worth going through all of that trouble for an extra $100 to the bonus.


Well it's an extra ($470 - $200)*(1-marginal t), so it's not just an extra $100...


So you would pay taxes on just $470 if you buy a coupon that cost $30 from eBay? Not the full $500?

And what about factoring in the $100 in fees you would end up paying (or having to tie up $15k for ~4 months) ?

Is the $15K relationship balances or must be parked in the checking account (presumably w/ negligible yield)?

The tie-up consideration is negligible if you have to tie up some balances in liquidity SOMEWHERE.

Also (LPREDDY) the extra $100 argument is apples to oranges because you're comparing $300 after-tax to $200 pre-tax. If you're going to play the account bonus game at all, it seems to me may as well go for getting the extra call it $270 pre-tax, right? (Again assuming you've got the cash to park.)

thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out
edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...
not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me
How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?

Nummerkins said:   Thanks OP, in for two. Not sure if this was the case in the past but funding Chase checking with a Chase CC would not work for me.

Barclays Priceline 2% treated it as a cash advance.

bankdealsrule said:   thetobster said:   Guys, this is in no way the best offer right now. If you search on eBay you can find $500 coupons for opening a new checking. Chase just started sending them out
edit: examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-Bonus-Coupon-Fast-Free-Shippin...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-500-bonus-coupon-Not-100-150-200-3...
not sure how many of these they sent out, but it looks like they're selling really quick on eBay. a friend of mine actually got one in the mail and she already had a chase checking so she gave it to me
How would a buyer know if the bonus coupon really works, that they qualify, and get the $ bonus from Chase?


eBay buyer protection, which will be mentioned by eBay on the item listing if it applies, should at least cover you that the coupon was genuine. what part of the terms are not clear?

jefferyiroach said:   i got the same error, have you been able to get this resolved? I'm now stuck with a checking account I didn't need, and I don't think I'll get the bonus.

Print the page, talk to local banker(s), close account if no bonus, try another coupon after 90 days?

kwest said:   Getting an error after going thru the whole application saying the coupon code can't be verified. Hmm.

In the past I've received this error if 90 days had not passed since I closed a previous Chase checking account. On day 91 it worked.

Weird, but true.

Important: if you get this error, don't complete the app, you will end up with an account and no bonus.

Skipping 149 Messages...
I just opened up CHASE TOTAL CHECKING account online with a $150 coupon code from eBay. First time doing this online, 3rd time overall. I selected to fund the initial deposit of $100 via my Ally checking. Does CHASE charge a fee for this? If so, then should I just ACH the rest of my deposits  ($1500 min daily balance) to Chase from Ally (I believe its free).



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.