• Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
Link doesn't seem to be working for me either. It says page either moved or does not exist. Tried with IE and Firefox, what's the trick???

renaud said:   Link doesn't seem to be working for me either. It says page either moved or does not exist. Tried with IE and Firefox, what's the trick???

It's dead, but you can get a coupon from eBay.

databender said:   From my experience, Bill Pay services use the financial institution name and address to find their ACH "address", and will execute the transaction via ACH if possible, reverting to snail mail only if the receiving institution does not accept electronic transfers. I could just push the money from Alliant to Chase, but wouldn't the verification deposits instantly give away the fact that the transaction is not a direct deposit?

Sure yeah that's my experience too, but only for bill payments say to credit card accounts, not "payments" that materialize as credits to deposit accounts. But I've never tried to do that. Learn something new everyday.

After doing some more research I decided to just initiate an ACH transfer from Alliant, and not attempt the Bill Pay route. I was just curious if people had experience "BillPaying" themselves at other institutions for deposits only.

Also of note regarding opening new Chase checking accounts, my account that I opened online was locked today. CSR said that I had to go to a branch with two forms of ID to unlock it, which I did. According to the banker that was helping me, online applications rarely go through without a hitch, in my case it was because my CA Driver's License "had not been updated recently" so they could not verify my identity. It wasn't a huge deal, but I will definitely open future Chase accounts at the branch.

Also, after seeing my college sweatshirt, the banker suggested that after the $200 bonus is credited to my account I should PC to the College Checking to avoid monthly fees. Even though I'm a college senior it sounds like I might be able to keep this checking account open with no monthly fees for the next five years, and the banker made it seem like the PC would be easy and not a violation of the coupon.

databender said:    Even though I'm a college senior it sounds like I might be able to keep this checking account open with no monthly fees for the next five years, and the banker made it seem like the PC would be easy and not a violation of the coupon.

Or you could close it in 7 months and receive another bonus 3+ months after that next year.

Or how about 2 months. Are there really examples of banks putting people into collections trying to recapture the bonus for draining the account prematurely? I know it's in the fine print but I think they don't act on it usually.

Bagofchips said:   Or how about 2 months. Are there really examples of banks putting people into collections trying to recapture the bonus for draining the account prematurely? I know it's in the fine print but I think they don't act on it usually.
Will be reported to Chex Systems as closed with negative balance. No bonus for you next year.. and years after.

DWooley said:   Bagofchips said:   Or how about 2 months. Are there really examples of banks putting people into collections trying to recapture the bonus for draining the account prematurely? I know it's in the fine print but I think they don't act on it usually.
Will be reported to Chex Systems as closed with negative balance. No bonus for you next year.. and years after.

Yup I know about Chex Systems and negative balances, but seems to me to get it to negative balance they have to willfully attempt debiting the account for the recapture post closure. That's what seems far fetched. I've had a handful of accounts that went negative due to monthly service charge post a "passive" close... and I have nothing derogatory on ChexSystems.

I don't live in one of the states where Chase offers checking accounts. I tried to open the account using a friend's address but that didn't work (the rep told me to do this).

Can I drive to another state to open the account? I called a branch and they said that I could but can't fully rely on what bank reps say.

Silverthunder said:   I don't live in one of the states where Chase offers checking accounts. I tried to open the account using a friend's address but that didn't work (the rep told me to do this).

Can I drive to another state to open the account? I called a branch and they said that I could but can't fully rely on what bank reps say.

I did last year and plan to soon this year as well.

infogirlgeek said:   Silverthunder said:   I don't live in one of the states where Chase offers checking accounts. I tried to open the account using a friend's address but that didn't work (the rep told me to do this).

Towards the end of 2011 I was able to open the account online, even being out of state. However, earlier this year, I was unsuccessful. So, some of their policies may have changed.

I am going to call another branch and see what me opening an account even being out of state.

Hi all. I read through thread but couldn't seem to find the answer to my question. What qualified as a "direct deposit" for you? Thanks.

Ally ACH worked for me a couple weeks ago.

ETA: For the bonus (it works for the monthly fee waiver too).

So when I applied and was approved online, my opening deposit came through a few days later and was withdrawn from my other checking account. Then I got a fraud alert and had to go into the branch and show two forms of ID to get my online account unlocked (locked me out of my CCs too). Then the account was magically closed on Aug 1, and I got a refund check of my opening deposit in the mail Aug 8. So I call Aug 8, they claim it was a mistake on their part and they'll reopen it immediately. Account is reopened the night of Aug 8. Aug 9 I wake up and it's gone from my online account again. Call in again, it was closed at midnight. Reopened and now it's "guaranteed" to stay open.

Honestly, after six months, that direct deposit will be going back to my old checking. Screw Chase.

Silverthunder said:   infogirlgeek said:   Silverthunder said:   I don't live in one of the states where Chase offers checking accounts. I tried to open the account using a friend's address but that didn't work (the rep told me to do this).

Towards the end of 2011 I was able to open the account online, even being out of state. However, earlier this year, I was unsuccessful. So, some of their policies may have changed.

I am going to call another branch and see what me opening an account even being out of state.

Other branch said that I can't open an account unless I can prove some reason that I need to be in NJ (ie. working in NJ).

Bump, the offer expires in three day.

I wonder if anyone had a success funding this with CCs; I only read about two failures - Citi (very predictable), and Priceline (Barclays)

BTW, this combo is fee-free: Chase Total Checking/Small Business Checking/Ink with $1K monthly spend; pity I can't find any live bonuses for Small Business Checking

Any restriction on withdrawals if you do the $500 DD per month? I mean can I deposit 250 every 2-week pay period and then transfer it out shortly afterwards?

neophyte said:   Bump, the offer expires in three day.

BTW, this combo is fee-free: Chase Total Checking/Small Business Checking/Ink with $1K monthly spend; pity I can't find any live bonuses for Small Business Checking

What do you mean the combo is fee free?
what are you referring to?

Pipboy said:   Any restriction on withdrawals if you do the $500 DD per month? I mean can I deposit 250 every 2-week pay period and then transfer it out shortly afterwards?

They used to require at least one DD of $500+ but I think last year they switched to just requiring all DD's for statement cycle add up to $500+.

Yes you can withdraw to so that the net transfers are zero.

Silverthunder said:   neophyte said:   Bump, the offer expires in three day.

What do you mean the combo is fee free?
what are you referring to?
Have three accounts listed below:
  • Chase BusinessSelect Checking
  • Chase Premier Plus Checking
  • Chase INK Business Credit card (and charge $1000 monthly)

and you pay no monthly fees, no other maintenance requirements plus bunch of other benefits from Chase Premier Plus Checking, mostly worthless - except free deposit box

Two codes for Chase $200 coupon: Exp 8/15/2013

ACH push from Delta CU did not work for bonus, going to try from CapitalOne 360 (formerly ING Direct) next. I wonder if the trial deposits have anything to do with it.

catanpirate said:   Hi all. I read through thread but couldn't seem to find the answer to my question. What qualified as a "direct deposit" for you? Thanks.

Did a push from Penfed and got the bonus 4 days later.

I don't see any age restrictions. Can my 3 year old open an account and get the bonus?

CardinalDeal said:   I don't see any age restrictions. Can my 3 year old open an account and get the bonus?

The bonus may not have any, but I'm sure the account does. You could open an account for the 3 year old with you on it, but you'd need to qualify for the bonus too.

GTFan said:   ACH push from Delta CU did not work for bonus, going to try from CapitalOne 360 (formerly ING Direct) next. I wonder if the trial deposits have anything to do with it.

I have to take this back, it did show up after a week. I just didn't wait long enough before posting.

DWooley said:   Bagofchips said:   Or how about 2 months. Are there really examples of banks putting people into collections trying to recapture the bonus for draining the account prematurely? I know it's in the fine print but I think they don't act on it usually.
I also noticed the terms state "Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance." So it might make you ineligible to churn these things into the ground. I think this is my 4th...

does Chase do a hard pull? Last that I checked, I don't think they did.
How is everyone making out with credit card funding?

Bagofchips said:   DWooley said:   Bagofchips said:   Or how about 2 months. Are there really examples of banks putting people into collections trying to recapture the bonus for draining the account prematurely? I know it's in the fine print but I think they don't act on it usually.

Yup I know about Chex Systems and negative balances, but seems to me to get it to negative balance they have to willfully attempt debiting the account for the recapture post closure. That's what seems far fetched. I've had a handful of accounts that went negative due to monthly service charge post a "passive" close... and I have nothing derogatory on ChexSystems.

Just an update. My $500 bonus was funded within a week after opening (mid July) using the fleabay offer I bought.

Getting nervous. Actually did a real direct deposit from my employer on Aug 15. Still no sign of any bonus. I know it says that I have 10 business days to receive the bonus. But just in case: What recourse do I have, if I don't receive it?

greyhk2 said:   Getting nervous. Actually did a real direct deposit from my employer on Aug 15. Still no sign of any bonus. I know it says that I have 10 business days to receive the bonus. But just in case: What recourse do I have, if I don't receive it?
Did you apply the coupon code? Where did you get it?
Chase does not (as of a year ago) check if the code had already been used. If somebody has already received the bonus from the same code, you will get nothing. You have no recourse except for going to your local branch and talking to the manager. In my case she agreed to credit the bonus out of her funds.

I agree to actually speak to a human in person first. If not, CFPB can probably help you out. Worked for me with a BOA bonus one time.

greyhk2 said:   Getting nervous. Actually did a real direct deposit from my employer on Aug 15. Still no sign of any bonus. I know it says that I have 10 business days to receive the bonus. But just in case: What recourse do I have, if I don't receive it?
It took 4-5 days for my last bonus to post. Why not give it a little time first. Look at that, got mine yesterday.

IIRC Chase only awards the Checking Bonuses on Tuesdays.

Opened around the 14th. ACH from NWFCU hit 8/21. ACH from GTE FCU hit 8/27. Bonus posted 8/27 (Tuesday).

guys - i bought a coupon and it requires direct deposit of one's paycheck. Does anybody know if there is a minimum amount they want to see with this direct deposit from employer? I'm making very little at the moment

Thx

sam008 said:   guys - i bought a coupon and it requires direct deposit of one's paycheck. Does anybody know if there is a minimum amount they want to see with this direct deposit from employer? I'm making very little at the moment

Thx

A legit DD for like $10 will do it, IME. However, you need to do a $500 DD into the account monthly (or keep 1k5 balance) to avoid the fees anyway.

got it - what are the guys above talking about doing an ACH transfer? Will ACH work in place of a DD and do you have to do the ACH on a monthly basis?

Depend on which one that you do. Some will count and some will not. I don't personally know because I can direct/split my DD to wherever I want.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014