• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Just want to collect some feedback.
Is it a safe website?
It seems a good deal to redeem AMEX membership rewards.
Also, there's tax for AMEX rewards transfer.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
anybody know a fair price for 51k Delta Skymiles?

ode2me (Oct. 10, 2014 @ 7:35p) |

Anyone sell Chase Ultimate Rewards recently? It is asking if you are transferring to self or spouse/common law partner. ... (more)

DesiVibe (Dec. 23, 2014 @ 10:53a) |

Just used R2C to sell some Amex points and Vince noted in his closing email that he will pay $5 for a Facebook review. ... (more)

ltcm (Dec. 24, 2014 @ 8:21a) |

Sites that have received positive feedback from FWF members:

MABrokerage (Ethan)
rewards2cash.com (Vince)
ShlomosMiles (Shlomo / Alex)
FlightHunter (Bruce Goldberg)
MilesBuyer (Eli)
milesforcash.com (Ray)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
It's been addressed here, and the majority of Fatwallers who use it, highly recommend it. Just make sure to get on their current 1.32 cents/point promotion by liking them on FB.

rated:
Yes, I've used it several times. They also have a facebook page.. very reliable..

rated:
Thanks. Now there's a reason to keep my premier rewards gold card.

rated:
haoniukun said:   Just want to collect some feedback.
Is it a safe website?
It seems a good deal to redeem AMEX membership rewards.
Also, there's tax for AMEX rewards transfer.

Has anyone used the search button?

rated:
Why did this get moved to deal discussion? Coincidentally I posted my own thread just now asking the same questions in Finance having searched in Finance to no avail. Anyway, this thread survives, but I still think it belongs in finance where the vast majority of FW rewards gatherers are. No R2C-dedicated threads at all pre-today, and I think it merits its own thread.

Here's another question: how do they make money? Sell points in smaller increments at higher rates?

{Edit: it's back in Finance now.}

rated:
I searched rewards2cash.
But nothing came up.

rated:
qube said:   Looks like a safe place.

Getting harder and harder to tell for sure who is joking around here.

rated:
Some of the search police here have trigger fingers. This is valid as its own thread.

rated:
mikejensen said:   It's been addressed here, and the majority of Fatwallers who use it, highly recommend it. Just make sure to get on their current 1.32 cents/point promotion by liking them on FB.

Do they pay that bonus on SkyMiles? I liked their fb page but all I see is $10.50 per 100 skymiles. I have 100K miles I'm considering trading/selling since I'll be traveling on buddy passes going forward. Is there a better way to sell these miles?

rated:
He's a nice guy. I have dealt with him many times, and actually had some chats with him on gTalk. Very smart guy.

rated:
Safe to use. I have also used milesbuyer.com which pays slightly higher rates and has been easy to work with(though they do hit you with paypal fees). Milesbuyer still works out a little better than r2c even after fees though, if you have a large denomination point balance...

rated:
shlomosmiles.com is best i've found

rated:
tjroome said:   Safe to use. I have also used milesbuyer.com which pays slightly higher rates and has been easy to work with(though they do hit you with paypal fees). Milesbuyer still works out a little better than r2c even after fees though, if you have a large denomination point balance...

rewards2cash.com also has paypal fees, if you opt for that payment option.

rated:
had good luck with vince faat payment no issues

rated:
Yes but milesbuyer required paypal as the only form of payment so that they have buyer protection.

rated:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but keep in mind that selling miles/points is almost certainly against the terms of your card, for what that's worth to you.

rated:
Compeek said:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but keep in mind that selling miles/points is almost certainly against the terms of your card, for what that's worth to you.

Yes, this has been discussed a lot on Flyertalk with frequent flyer programs. You might get by, but if you don't, be prepared to lose your account balance and airline status.

rated:
Against T&C even for AMEX & Chase?

rated:
I dont think I have ever seen a single complaint or issue related to r2c.com. Anywhere. Great service.

rated:
I just sold with r2c, and it was fast and easy and my check is (hopefully) in the mail. Very quick turnaround. Does anyone know what his (or his competitor's) policy is on if they do catch on and cancel the miles? Will he still pay? I haven't heard of anyone actually getting caught in the bit of research I did, so I thought I would take the chance. I'm just curious for if I am ever trying to move more points. Also curious about the other end of the business. Can you buy miles from Vince? Or are there good places to buy?

rated:
I just tried to get a quote from sellmyrewards.com as they are offering 1.5c per MR, but they never replied. Guess I'll try this guy!

rated:
Compeek said:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but keep in mind that selling miles/points is almost certainly against the terms of your card, for what that's worth to you.

Given I got 1300 for some ur points that I received through a sign up bonus, it was worth the chance.

rated:
I have used them 3 times and never any issues... I would use them again without hesitation

rated:
I still don't get how these guys make money. Shlomo (cited above) says he's done $2mm in deals. But what spread can he really get? And how much labor per transaction?

rated:
Good to go. Used them multiple times.

rated:
I have used twice, fast and reliable

rated:
Used them once. Quick and easy.

rated:
RiversideTom said:   shlomosmiles.com is best i've found

Since he offers the highest price, I've called him twice this week (both with VM) and also left him an e-mail. Haven't heard back from him. Definitely not a good sign. Other brokers respond fast, but their buy rate is much lower.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   I still don't get how these guys make money. Shlomo (cited above) says he's done $2mm in deals. But what spread can he really get? And how much labor per transaction?

They buy biz/first airline tickets for their customers with the points/miles. Biz/First tickets go for 6k-15k and require 120k-145k miles/points. Do the math and you'll see the spread is VERY high. They can offer a discount of 50% on some tickets and still make a lot of money. Not sure why these guys always play the game that they aren't making much. When I try to haggle, I get very little movement. Example, I have 500k UR points, they offer 1.6, I ask for 1.75 and they come back with 1.62 and say they can't go any higher. Crazy..

rated:
I tried contacting this guy - I can't believe so many people on this particular forum would even recommend it.

#1 He isn't even based in the US; he or his company is located in Australia.

#2 He requires logging in to your account to process the transaction, see below excerpt from "Miaohua Xu" who says he is Vince explaining how it works:

"...so the way it works is that we need to access your account to book hotels or to convert to miles. Please change your password to an easy one, and let us know your account number and password. We respect your privacy and won't use or change your personal info in the account (except that few times we add email address in the account temporarily to avoid too many confirmation emails harassing you). Half of the payment will be made once we have access to the account, and the rest will be paid after points are used which is estimated at 1-3 months. Please keep in mind that rewards2cash is trust-able proven by 0 issues in past 45,000,000 points (please check www.facebook.com/rewards2cash)."

rated:
outtawhack said:   I tried contacting this guy - I can't believe so many people on this particular forum would even recommend it.

#1 He isn't even based in the US; he or his company is located in Australia.

#2 He requires logging in to your account to process the transaction, see below excerpt from "Miaohua Xu" who says he is Vince explaining how it works:

"...so the way it works is that we need to access your account to book hotels or to convert to miles. Please change your password to an easy one, and let us know your account number and password. We respect your privacy and won't use or change your personal info in the account (except that few times we add email address in the account temporarily to avoid too many confirmation emails harassing you). Half of the payment will be made once we have access to the account, and the rest will be paid after points are used which is estimated at 1-3 months. Please keep in mind that rewards2cash is trust-able proven by 0 issues in past 45,000,000 points (please check www.facebook.com/rewards2cash)."

OK, I'm not trying to be scary or anything, but in today's modern world of sex trafficking in Asia, it's not really about forced prostitution anymore, but it involves girls ranging from 20-50 years old who run up huge credit card bills from trying to support a lifestyle of designer handbags and expensive clubs every night. I've read articles about owners of brothels in Japan pre-paying flights and fronting money to the girls to entice them to come over, and I also know that Australia is also one of the premier destinations.

Good luck everyone.

rated:
outtawhack said:   #2 He requires logging in to your account to process the transaction...Was your transaction for an unusually large number of miles/points?

I just recently completely a successful 51K AMEX transaction with him, and he didn't need access to my account.

rated:
I've used flighthunter Bruce who offered a better rate than r2c and he didn't have to login to my account. Was for a little over 50k MR.

rated:
I wonder, all people who say its a great service, provides no detail of there transactions other then how many points they traded. I wonder if its intentional or posted by ghost user?

Can anybody provide detail of there transaction?

rated:
Sure why not. but the fact that SENIOR MEMBERS of FWF are posting should alleviate such concerns. if it was a bunch of new members, then I'd be more worried.

R2C order details:
Product Model Quantity Price Total
AMEX Membership Rewards (unit of 1000) mr1000 51 $12.20 $622.20

rated:
anagoree said:   I wonder, all people who say its a great service, provides no detail of there transactions other then how many points they traded. I wonder if its intentional or posted by ghost user?

Can anybody provide detail of there transaction?
Specifically, what details would you like to know?

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Against T&C even for AMEX & Chase?

I'm pretty sure even for Chase, and I can say definitely yes even for AMEX.

Skipping 183 Messages...
rated:
Just used R2C to sell some Amex points and Vince noted in his closing email that he will pay $5 for a Facebook review. Details here: http://rewards2cash.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_...

I've now sold to Bruce, Eli, and R2C. R2C isn't always the best deal, but they're consistent and pay quickly. Bruce is kind of flighty (we'll be corresponding and then he just stops answering), and Eli is very hit and miss in terms of responding to quote requests.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014