How hard is it to get a Blue Cash?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi all,

I'm planning on getting a BCP for my SO. I know that it sounds a bit crazy but there is some nice thing where I live for which I can profit nicely from a BCP so I'm willing to go to great lengths on this. I'm already writing the recon letter to be faxed in and mentally prepared for a FR.

Her credit profile is pretty thin.
-First card was Discover More with $750 CL from Oct 2012.
-AU on a Citi Forward with $2k CL, a Visa with $4k CL and a Priceline with $750 CL. They all reported about 3 months ago.
-Currently 7% Utilization, 727 CK score, 707 CS score (my bad for mistiming my payment) and a 745 TU Lending Club FICO score.
-1 inquiry on TU, none on the other 2.
-AAoA is only 5 months.

What do you think of her chance to get the BCP? I've been reading forums and forums for the last 2 days and it seems the chance is slim. However, the profit is good so it's a worthwhile risk-return trade-off for me. She will be gardening after this for a long time so I won't be worrying about the long-term effect of this. Just want to get the card approved.

Thank you for your wise opinions. Y'all have a great day!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The profit potential on a BCP is pretty low considering the $6000 cap on the 6%, so I'm not sure why you're so interested in that card in particular.

Also doesnt look like she charge much a month..why not look into blue cash with no annual fee

My wife got denied with a score of about 730 and approved 4 months later with a score of about 770 (paid off some debt so score increased significantly). I would guess that your SO would get denied but there is only one way to find out.

gloreglabert said:   The profit potential on a BCP is pretty low considering the $6000 cap on the 6%, so I'm not sure why you're so interested in that card in particular.

It's never been about the grocery. Even if I simply max out my 2 BB, that's 10k monthly spend on at least 2% profit. There are some nice places in my place.

emp1 said:   My wife got denied with a score of about 730 and approved 4 months later with a score of about 770 (paid off some debt so score increased significantly). I would guess that your SO would get denied but there is only one way to find out.

Thanks for the info. Do you mind if I ask what her AAoA was when she got approved?

I was approved last month for $10k on a normal Blue Cash Everyday card with my only credit history being a $1800-limit Citi Forward card that I had for 3 years (Credit Karma had my score in the 770s which I thought was oddly high)

devyanks90 said:   I was approved last month for $10k on a normal Blue Cash Everyday card with my only credit history being a $1800-limit Citi Forward card that I had for 3 years (Credit Karma had my score in the 770s which I thought was oddly high)

Thank you for that data point. 10k on a previous 1k8 is quite astonishing.

myndreamland said:   Even if I simply max out my 2 BB, that's 10k monthly spend on at least 2% profit.
How are you figuring this?

Glitch99 said:   myndreamland said:   Even if I simply max out my 2 BB, that's 10k monthly spend on at least 2% profit.
How are you figuring this?

Isn't it obvious?

myndreamland said:   gloreglabert said:   The profit potential on a BCP is pretty low considering the $6000 cap on the 6%, so I'm not sure why you're so interested in that card in particular.

It's never been about the grocery. Even if I simply max out my 2 BB, that's 10k monthly spend on at least 2% profit. There are some nice places in my place.

emp1 said:   My wife got denied with a score of about 730 and approved 4 months later with a score of about 770 (paid off some debt so score increased significantly). I would guess that your SO would get denied but there is only one way to find out.

Thanks for the info. Do you mind if I ask what her AAoA was when she got approved?
I'm not 100% sure but I'd like to say about 5-6 years. She had a few accounts closed due to inactivity (I kept on telling her use the cards just a little to keep them active).

I always thought the 3% category on BCP was underrated.

Chances of approval seem greater if you apply through a card-promotion site offering this. (See thread earlier this year in this forum). Was not creditworthy for any AMX until did exactly that--by e-mail was told could not get Blue Cash several times by name--yet easily approved using that channel.

SpeedingLunatic said:   I always thought the 3% category on BCP was underrated.

Yes it is. But until there's a viable alternative available for me, I'm just gonna go for it.

snork615 said:   Chances of approval seem greater if you apply through a card-promotion site offering this. (See thread earlier this year in this forum). Was not creditworthy for any AMX until did exactly that--by e-mail was told could not get Blue Cash several times by name--yet easily approved using that channel.

Thank you for the info. That's exactly what I plan to do as well. Plus, it gives a higher initial bonus of $250 compared to just $150.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014