• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Had discover miles for ~6 years. They send the standard BT checks, 0% for 18 months and a 3% fee. Switch to Discover IT, called up discover to learn they don't send out checks on IT. Oh and you cant switch products back. WTF.... So no easy way to cash out here

Stay with another discover product if you care about BT checks you can write.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FWF does not approve BT checks with 3% fee. Only 0% or fixed fee BT checks bear official seal of FWF approval.

NFCU for the win. Runner up is PSECU. (in my opinion)

You can always do a balance transfer to your bank account by filling out your bank checking account number as account number and putting your deposit address as the creditors address.

Matr0skin said:   FWF does not approve BT checks with 3% fee. Only 0% or fixed fee BT checks bear official seal of FWF approval.
lol

Matr0skin said:   FWF does not approve BT checks with 3% fee. Only 0% or fixed fee BT checks bear official seal of FWF approval.

Barclays is sending out 15 month 0% financing with 1% BT fees - I'm sure this would be acceptable for the crowd as well. I had a measly 2400 dollar line, so I wasn't much interested in it - but keep an open mind. If you can get a 0%, 1 year with a 3% fee, and you have a 24% card or a loan with maybe a year or so left that you can pay off, hell yes you should do it. If you're looking to churn/profit off BT's and not just lower your rate, then go buy a 50 cent ice cream in your Crown Vic and just say no.

Saving the credit applications for rewards cards is worth it. If you need 5k, a BT check with 3% fee will cost you $150. A decent rewards card sign-up bonus easily covers that amount.

yawn. usual elitism of the crowd here. Sorry the info was not useful for you, hopefully it is for others.

pillsdoughboy1 said:   Matr0skin said:   FWF does not approve BT checks with 3% fee. Only 0% or fixed fee BT checks bear official seal of FWF approval.yawn. usual elitism of the crowd here. Sorry the info was not useful for you, hopefully it is for others.Yawn. Just a bit of FWF humor is all. Thank you for the heads up anyway.

Got 0% on my Discover More Platinum Card without asking for it for purchase rate, also have a 0% BT offer but with a 3% fee on the account.

I had a $3002 limit on this card but you need $50 min CashBack to get a cash reward. With the rotating purchase categories, the amount of qualifying purchases is minimal at best.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014