• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Apply by September 15, 2013 (???): (copy/paste link below)
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F3W3&CELL=61XT&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

Offer Details:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70k-offer-details 

Pricing & Terms:
https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F3W3&page_type=appterms

Offer appears to be the same as this one (although the "Apply Now" link in the below doesn't work unless, perhaps, you're already logged in to your Marriott Rewards account):
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70p1ksh

*EDIT* Fixed title to clarify that it's "... after $1K spend w/in 3 months ..."

*EDIT2* Oct 10, 2013: Offer likely continues to be valid. For more details, see this post.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

TheDiggler (Dec. 31, 2013 @ 1:43a) |

They reserve the right to deduct the bonus, but what if you already spend it? Has anyone seen aggressively pursue this b... (more)

robobn (Dec. 31, 2013 @ 9:10a) |

If they're able to reverse the bonus (that's a big IF), and if the points have already been spent, assuming you have no ... (more)

TheDiggler (Dec. 31, 2013 @ 9:24a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure which is the better deal, but there's also a promo for 40k points after $1K spend /win 3 months + $100 statement credit after first purchase.

Offer Details:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/40k100SC-offer-...

Link:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F4JR&CEL...

YMMV

not familiar with Marriott's program, can these be used for GC redemptions? If so, what's the exchange rate like?
better yet, has anyone tried selling Marriott to one of the various online point brokers? If so, what rate were you offered?

This card has been around for a long time.

Some quick facts:

Marriott points are not highly valued or highly sought after.

They are commonly figured to be work somewhere between .7-.9 cpp.

Best redemption comes from here http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi which requires 200k + points.

defjukie said:   not familiar with Marriott's program, can these be used for GC redemptions? If so, what's the exchange rate like?
better yet, has anyone tried selling Marriott to one of the various online point brokers? If so, what rate were you offered?

These points really are used best for hotel stays. For me a few brokers have expressed mild interest, but I think you are looking at .5 or there abouts... probably less.
70K points can get you 3 or 4 stays in decent hotels though...maybe 2 in fancier downtown hotels.

Any experience with getting points on these if you got them before? Wife and I had these a year ago with points and cancelled cards after 6 months, want to see if we can get them again - saw T&C says that previous holders can't get bonus points but know it sometimes works with Chase.

Marriott will let you transfer points between spouses for specific reservations, we used 140k or so points last year to stay in the Wailea Marriott in Maui for a week - nice hotel.

I am also not familiar about the Marriott rewards premier card, but the deal is not bad. I think I will go for this. Is there anyone who has used this card? I would like to know some feedback about this.

Here's the extensive flyertalk thread on this:

Link

cjackson0 said:   Not sure which is the better deal, but there's also a promo for 40k points after $1K spend /win 3 months + $100 statement credit after first purchase.

Offer Details:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/40k100SC-offer-...

Link:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F4JR&CEL...

YMMV
You should consider posting a separate thread for the offer above. In the meantime, have posted a thread for this alternate offer:
Marriott Rewards Premier Card (Chase), 50K points + $75 stmt credit after $1K spend w/in 3 months, first year ($85) free

*EDIT* Link above appears to be working again.

Yeah definitely a good deal if used for hotel stays. You should easily be able to get $750 (5 nights) or more worth of hotel stays out of the deal.

Oh! I forgot the one last perk about this card that helps the value of Marriott points.

You can see it here on their page:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/pointsGridPopUp.mi

If you redeem 4 nights, you get the 5th night free. So instead of 75k for a 5-night stay at a Cat 3 (you'd be short 4k points after your sign-up bonus), if you redeem all 4 nights for a consecutive trip, you can get a 5th night free and still have 10k points leftover after only spending 15k * 4.

If points are worth $.01, I would go for the 75k offer rather than the other offers with statement credits. E.g. A $100 credit + 50k would result in 60k points.

GTFan said:   Any experience with getting points on these if you got them before? Wife and I had these a year ago with points and cancelled cards after 6 months, want to see if we can get them again - saw T&C says that previous holders can't get bonus points but know it sometimes works with Chase.

I had the regular card(non-premier) 5-6 years ago and cancelled it before annual fee hit. I got the 70k successfully earlier this year.

If we currently have a Marriott card, can we re-sign up?

A real good deal if you can use the points for hotel stays. In my area, most Marriotts (Spring Hill, Fairfield, Townplace, etc.) are 7500 or 10,000 points. They normally charge about $90/night. 70K points yield 7 to 9 nights, worth $630 to $810. Great if you want to take some weekend getaways with the family. Bring the kids, get free breakfast, hang around the pool, etc. A real "fatwallet" vacation.

bobw92 said:   A real good deal if you can use the points for hotel stays. In my area, most Marriotts (Spring Hill, Fairfield, Townplace, etc.) are 7500 or 10,000 points. They normally charge about $90/night. 70K points yield 7 to 9 nights, worth $630 to $810. Great if you want to take some weekend getaways with the family. Bring the kids, get free breakfast, hang around the pool, etc. A real "fatwallet" vacation.

The East Coast beach hotel I was looking at was $349/night pre-tax ($385.64 all in) on weeknights and $409/night pre-tax ($451.94 all in), and 40K points per night. I'd still need another 10K points per night but would get $0.01/point -- of course, I wouldn't pay $400/night all in though if I was a cash customer.

I have had the Marriott card for a year. I am using the points for 3 hotel nights in Germany. I also just paid the annual fee of $85, and got a fourth night in Germany (Berlin) as the annual card bonus. I figure $85 for a hotel that would have been more than $150 was a decent deal.

can I convert to airline points?

Maphatlal said:   can I convert to airline points?WebFlyer Mileage Converter

definitely not worth is thanks for the link

No longer available. Offer now is 50k points

bopc1996 said:   No longer available. Offer now is 50k pointsIncorrect. The link at the top of the OP which needs to be copied/pasted is very much alive. That link is for the 70K offer.

TheDiggler said:   bopc1996 said:   No longer available. Offer now is 50k pointsIncorrect. The link at the top of the OP which needs to be copied/pasted is very much alive. That link is for the 70K offer.There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application. Also, the Pricing & Terms states the information about the costs of the card is accurate as of 2/22/2010; but copyyrighted 2013. Strange.

bankdealsrule said:   TheDiggler said:   bopc1996 said:   No longer available. Offer now is 50k pointsIncorrect. The link at the top of the OP which needs to be copied/pasted is very much alive. That link is for the 70K offer.There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application. Also, the Pricing & Terms states the information about the costs of the card is accurate as of 2/22/2010; but copyyrighted 2013. Strange.
You obviously have no idea how scripting languages (like PHP) work, where copyright dates are generated by web servers.

There is no expiration date on this offer, or any indication that it's expired.

I believe the 2010 date you are referring to matches up nicely to when card issuers had to update their terms to comply with the CARD Act.

In addition, it's quite common for Chase CC apps to not list the offer but still give you a better offer than the offer -- see IHG Signature Visa.

Finally, why are you using an alt ID?

bankdealsrule said:   TheDiggler said:   bopc1996 said:   No longer available. Offer now is 50k pointsIncorrect. The link at the top of the OP which needs to be copied/pasted is very much alive. That link is for the 70K offer.There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application. Also, the Pricing & Terms states the information about the costs of the card is accurate as of 2/22/2010; but copyyrighted 2013. Strange.I signed up using this link last month and they confirmed that it was 70k bonus points when I activated the card.

workindev said:   bankdealsrule said:   TheDiggler said:   bopc1996 said:   No longer available. Offer now is 50k pointsIncorrect. The link at the top of the OP which needs to be copied/pasted is very much alive. That link is for the 70K offer.There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application. Also, the Pricing & Terms states the information about the costs of the card is accurate as of 2/22/2010; but copyyrighted 2013. Strange.I signed up using this link last month and they confirmed that it was 70k bonus points when I activated the card.

same for me & my fiance

bankdealsrule said:   There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application.The first 3 links in the OP (copy/paste link, Offer Details, Pricing & Terms) were all derived from an e-mail sent by Marriott/Chase of the 70K offer. I say "derived" because the links in the e-mail actually pointed to "http://marriott-email.com/..." based URL's, where upon clicking those, they re-directed to the "real" links (posted in the OP).

The e-mailed offer states (among other things):
Apply by September 15, 2013, and you will earn:
  • 70,000 bonus points* after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
  • 1 FREE night stay* (Category 1-4) after account approval

So while you have "no guarantee" that Chase will award the 70K points, you can either accept that copy/paste link listed in the OP is for the 70K offer, or not. As others have stated, it's common knowledge for Chase Application Pages to not list the details of the offer being applied for, and in the absence of a splash page (which Chase did not provide in the e-mailed offer, other than the e-mail itself), you can only go by faith. If you can't stomach the risk, don't apply. You'll likely end up missing out on lots of attractive Chase offers though.

Note: Upon approval of the card, you should be able to call up Chase to verify the offer details you were approved for.

Here is their tool to view hotels in specific reward categories:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/pointsGridPopUp.mi?awardType=Standard&category=

TheDiggler said:   bankdealsrule said:   There's no guarantee that Chase will award 70k bonus points after $1k spend w/in 3months if we apply today using the link atop. Chase could just give the current promotion of the 50k points after $1k spend w/in 3 months. The OP link does not state specifically the bonus points, since it goes directly to the credit card application.The first 3 links in the OP (copy/paste link, Offer Details, Pricing & Terms) were all derived from an e-mail sent by Marriott/Chase of the 70K offer. I say "derived" because the links in the e-mail actually pointed to "http://marriott-email.com/..." based URL's, where upon clicking those, they re-directed to the "real" links (posted in the OP).

The e-mailed offer states (among other things):
Apply by September 15, 2013, and you will earn:
  • 70,000 bonus points* after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
  • 1 FREE night stay* (Category 1-4) after account approval

So while you have "no guarantee" that Chase will award the 70K points, you can either accept that copy/paste link listed in the OP is for the 70K offer, or not. As others have stated, it's common knowledge for Chase Application Pages to not list the details of the offer being applied for, and in the absence of a splash page (which Chase did not provide in the e-mailed offer, other than the e-mail itself), you can only go by faith. If you can't stomach the risk, don't apply. You'll likely end up missing out on lots of attractive Chase offers though.

Note: Upon approval of the card, you should be able to call up Chase to verify the offer details you were approved for.
Thanks! I guess by using different SPID and CELL codes, the home page of the offer can be derived by:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70p1ksh/?CELL=61XT&SPID=F3W3 (not 67G0, F2RJ or other codes out there). Not sure why the "Apply Now" wants to link to https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=61XT&PID=MAFD1&SPID=F2W5 which redirects to the lesser deal of 50k bonus points; unless it's tracking from the original ad or email message.

Marriott/Chase e-mailed out a new offer for 60K points after $1K spend (expires Sept 30th 2013).  This time though, offer is targeted w/ an INVITATION CODE, ZIP CODE, and LAST NAME.  The previous offer for 70K is still valid (until Sept 15th), so why they think one would choose the 60K offer is beyond me.

For those interested, the URL format of the new offer is:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/Solit.do?SOLIT=12 digit INVITATION CODE&LastName=LAST NAME&ZIP=9 digit ZIP CODE&CONFIG_ID=9

*EDIT* Fixed some typos.

TheDiggler said:   Marriott/Chase e-mailed out a new offer for 60K points after $1K spend (expires Sept 30th 2013).  This time though, offer is targeted w/ an INVITATION CODE, ZIP CODE, and LAST NAME.  The previous offer for 70K is still valid (until Sept 15th), so why they think one would choose the 60K offer is beyond me.

For the many people who don't check FWF or FT any time they receive a decent offer in search of a better one

nm, wrong thread.

Just got the 70K bonus posted to my Marriott account after just over $1K spend.

I have had several Chase Marriott cards before, most recent one closed just about a year ago.

Thanks, Chase!

thanks just approved, didn't see any notes about 70k but will report back

Offer still valid for a few more days...

Not working for me. when you applied, it automaticly redirect to 50K offer.

-

edit: forget me. it need copy&paste. But did not find where it says 70K at application page.

BIDU said:   But did not find where it says 70K at application page.
Read the thread. This issue has already been discussed.

Curious...there is no mention of the offer when copying and pasting into a new window...is this much like those Citi applications?

jaytrader said:   Curious...there is no mention of the offer when copying and pasting into a new window...is this much like those Citi applications
Seriously? Look at the post DIRECTLY before yours.

Skipping 25 Messages...
robobn said:   They reserve the right to deduct the bonus, but what if you already spend it? Has anyone seen aggressively pursue this before?
If they're able to reverse the bonus (that's a big IF), and if the points have already been spent, assuming you have no other substantial points in your Marriott Rewards (MR) account, IMO the worst case would be a negative MR account balance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.