• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
wife got this email for a one day early ap so it may be open to everyone tomorrow...

I just cancelled mine to avoid the fee so now's the time to get the wife one.
link shows ap for both so I think it will work for personal and business

You're invited to apply one day early to take advantage of this limited-time offer. Now, you can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints®2,3 with The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express. With 30,000 Starpoints, you could enjoy 3 free nights at a Category 4 hotel, or 7 free nights at a Category 2 hotel.4 Note: Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.

Redeem Starpoints for free nights at over 1,100 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries and free flights on more than 350 airlines with SPG® Flights — all with no blackout dates.5 With exclusive benefits such as credit for 5 nights and 2 stays toward SPG elite status each year,6 it's a great time to get the Card.

With the Card, your Starpoints can add up quickly:
• 10,000 bonus Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card2

• 20,000 bonus Starpoints after you make $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Cardmembership3

• Earn up to 5 Starpoints for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels and resorts — that's 2 Starpoints for using the Card in addition to the Starpoints you earn as an SPG member.7 Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.8

Enjoy an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $65.9

Don't miss your chance to get the Card that can help you get the most out of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. To start earning more Starpoints for your next getaway, apply by September 3, 2013.10

https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/star...

Member Summary

starwood
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Same here.

couponking1953 (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 5:52p) |

there wasn't a promo code. just had to sign up prior to 9/4.

got my full 30k no problem

RiversideTom (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 6:03p) |

Having a prior relationship doesn't exclude you from the bonus. I've received 60k (2x 30) over the past 1.5 years doing ... (more)

volkl23 (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 8:31p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cannot find your deal on the link you provided.

not sue why it's not working look here
http://slickdeals.net/f/6196394-SPG-30-000-bonus-Starpoints-with-The-Starwood-Preferred-Guest-Credit-Card-from-American-Express-YMMV?

Copy and paste links below for 30k Points Starwood American Express Application. Links don't work.

Peronsal - https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/starwood-dynamic-preferred-guest-card/95-1000-478?returnUrl=http://www.americanexpress.com

Biz - https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/starwood-dynamic-preferred-guest-business-card/95-1000-267

How does this offer differ from what they have been offering all along?

Incredibledealmaker said:   How does this offer differ from what they have been offering all along?

5k points

SPG points aren't worth what they used to be. 30K is really pretty blah considering the $5K minimum spend.

Does Amex make Starwood offers available to people who have had the Starwood cards in the past? I know they say they don't, but I'm wondering how true that is in practice.

In the past, the rule of thumb was that it must have been at least 12 months since your prior card.

becareful with amex cards with huge spend req like this card. you get hit with financial review again and again and again. it is time consuming and costly. They call and ask you about what you bought when they see any abnormal purchases and suspends all amex cards and demands tax form from IRS which costs about $80. Friend of mine got hit with FR at east 2 times and he got tired of this and cancelled all his amex cards

sherap2 said:   becareful with amex cards with huge spend req like this card. you get hit with financial review again and again and again. it is time consuming and costly. They call and ask you about what you bought when they see any abnormal purchases and suspends all amex cards and demands tax form from IRS which costs about $80. Friend of mine got hit with FR at east 2 times and he got tired of this and cancelled all his amex cards

"Huge" is relative, welcome to FW. You really have to have glaring disparities between stated income, usage history and current spend to trigger FR. If 5k in 3/m triggers a FR, your friend either had 1 capital one card with a $300 limit and past bankruptcy prior to somehow being approved for the SPG card, or you churned GCs or other potentially troublesome tools like a douche.

It's a marathon, not a Sprint.

First both applications were put on hold as they thought business and personal were applied at same time (two separate browsers) by mistake. The guy in India was nice for a change. Approved the personal card but business was rejected for having too many cards with Amex. He said I can close one I don't use but no guarantee that they would approve the other business card so just took the personal.

vxmike said:   SPG points aren't worth what they used to be. 30K is really pretty blah considering the $5K minimum spend.
Three nights at a beachfront hotel (category 4) anything to complain about. At a cash rate of $370/night, that's $1,110 in value.

It's also worth 35,000 miles in about a dozen frequent flyer programs.

Not to mention the other 5K in miles you'll earn from the spending.

69ragtop said:   In the past, the rule of thumb was that it must have been at least 12 months since your prior card.

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months."

stanolshefski said:   vxmike said:   SPG points aren't worth what they used to be. 30K is really pretty blah considering the $5K minimum spend.
Three nights at a beachfront hotel (category 4) anything to complain about. At a cash rate of $370/night, that's $1,110 in value.

It's also worth 35,000 miles in about a dozen frequent flyer programs.

Not to mention the other 5K in miles you'll earn from the spending.

This.

Are these points completely different than Amex membership rewards points? I assume not, but can you somehow combine/convert from Starwood points to MR points?

Points are completely different than MR points and are much more valuable. You can probably convert, but you'll get more value out of the points keeping them as starpoints.

mistadeal said:   Are these points completely different than Amex membership rewards points? I assume not, but can you somehow combine/convert from Starwood points to MR points?
different.
you cannot convert from SPG to MR. You can convert from MR to SPG (cruddy transfer ratio).
There's not much of a reason to want to convert to MR though. SPG points are more valuable (you can transfer 20k SPG to 25k airline miles on most SPG partner airlines) in general.

imbatman said:   mistadeal said:   Are these points completely different than Amex membership rewards points? I assume not, but can you somehow combine/convert from Starwood points to MR points?
different.
you cannot convert from SPG to MR. You can convert from MR to SPG (cruddy transfer ratio).
There's not much of a reason to want to convert to MR though. SPG points are more valuable (you can transfer 20k SPG to 25k airline miles on most SPG partner airlines) in general.

If you look at sites that buy points, they will pay more for SPG points than Amex MR points. For instance, rewards2cash.com shows $13.20 for 1000 MR points and $14.50 for 1000 SPG points.

I'm in for one. Thanks OP and flowindex.

69ragtop said:   imbatman said:   mistadeal said:   Are these points completely different than Amex membership rewards points? I assume not, but can you somehow combine/convert from Starwood points to MR points?

If you look at sites that buy points, they will pay more for SPG points than Amex MR points. For instance, rewards2cash.com shows $13.20 for 1000 MR points and $14.50 for 1000 SPG points.

cough...bad deal

Applied and accepted, thanks OP! Think I'll cancel in 11 months and let my wife apply for another card, assuming they have a good bonus then. Not sure I want to take on another 5k min spend with the business card. The points guy has good ways of maximizing these SPG points so let's see what I find when we start booking vacations...

Hard pull on the business app?

vGs4vbTO said:   Hard pull on the business app?
  Yes, EX for me

dukerau said:   
  Yes, EX for me

EX for me as well on the biz app.

dukerau said:   
  Yes, EX for me

EX on the consumer app as well for that matter.  Applied same day, biz app was pended (Amex deosn't approve two in one day for same person).  They approved the biz app 6 days later.  Second separate pull.

I love this card and spg points. Have the business card and just signed up for the personal card for extra 30k for me and wife to add 60k to the spg account.

If you are a football fan, you can use your Starwood points for hotels in near all the nfl stadiums.

Here is a list of a hotel near each stadium, the cost in cash, points, or cash and points. Cash and points is usually the best use of points but not always.

http://therewardboss.com/2013/08/30/football-season-is-here-how-to-travel-to-your-favorite-nfl-team-games-for-free-with-rewards/

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Nashville right now where I will be staying at 3 Starwood hotels. Two in Nashville and one in Chattanooga.

dukerau said:   
dukerau said:   
  Yes, EX for me

EX on the consumer app as well for that matter.  Applied same day, biz app was pended (Amex deosn't approve two in one day for same person).  They approved the biz app 6 days later.  Second separate pull.

Hoping for the same for my wife... applied same day, got the personal instant, biz app pending for 5 days. Will report back.

I applied for and was approved for this card. For some reason it isn't showing up when I log into my Amex account. Does anyone know where to find out how much my limit is going to be?

Fuerza said:   I applied for and was approved for this card. For some reason it isn't showing up when I log into my Amex account. Does anyone know where to find out how much my limit is going to be?
  You'll have to wait for the card - at least in my four experiences with two cards a person.  Wife just got hit with an F/R as we were clearing the bonuses.  Be careful as always.  We'll see how we do (didn't lie about financial stuff). 

Horseymen said:   Fuerza said:   I applied for and was approved for this card. For some reason it isn't showing up when I log into my Amex account. Does anyone know where to find out how much my limit is going to be?
  You'll have to wait for the card - at least in my four experiences with two cards a person.  Wife just got hit with an F/R as we were clearing the bonuses.  Be careful as always.  We'll see how we do (didn't lie about financial stuff). 

We're you churning the card? I'm hesitant to churn my Amex cards. I actually use my BCP regularly for grocery family expenses and don't want it locked. Only reason we applied for SPG was to get that bonus for a Disney vacation.

Fuerza said:   
Horseymen said:   
Fuerza said:   I applied for and was approved for this card. For some reason it isn't showing up when I log into my Amex account. Does anyone know where to find out how much my limit is going to be?

We're you churning the card? I'm hesitant to churn my Amex cards. I actually use my BCP regularly for grocery family expenses and don't want it locked. Only reason we applied for SPG was to get that bonus for a Disney vacation.

Depends on what you call churning.  I was MS'ing just to get the 5k initial spend done.  Didn't plan on doing much with it past that.  We got the business and personal card for me and her.  I cleared both of mine.  She cleared one and was 3k into the other one when we got the FR for her.  We'll get them what they want and hopefully give us the all-clear to finish up - since only 20k of the 70k points (30k bonus + 5k spending) have cleared to Starwood.  I'm waiting for my bonus to hit on mine before I consider next steps - but the bonuses are posting automatically pretty quick - about 5 days after the initial spend clears and the bonus 20k about 5 days after the 5,000th dollar is spent - irrespective of statement closing.  It was the first time we've had these cards.  Wife also has mercedes platinum card. 

I applied using this link mid-August and only got a 15k bonus after meeting the 5k spend. Anyone else have the same issue?

Just call them up.  They should be able to correct if it you really did apply for the promo.

Heck, who needs to call? Live chat will usually fix it for the "valued" customers.

Got only 10k first purchase bonus. Applied under 30k bonus offer after 5k spend but 20k did not show up. Called up AMEX and they have started an investigation. Could take upto 1 month to complete. SUCKS !!

Apande, when you signed up didn't you see the 30k offer? The 10k was standard for everyone - after the first purchase.

Did you finish the $5k spend already? The points should arrive after the statement closes that pushes you over the $5k spend.

i am also having this same issue. i will not call because i did all my spending at one particular merchant featured in my avatar (not the horse)

is this offer dead or still valid

Skipping 6 Messages...
Matr0skin said:   Only 10K for me because I already had a relationship with them (Blue card)

Having a prior relationship doesn't exclude you from the bonus. I've received 60k (2x 30) over the past 1.5 years doing this promotion twice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014