• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like American Express is still pushing its prepaid products to more markets. This RP+ Serve account functions just like a regular Serve account, except that each purchase gives Riot Points, a currency used in the game League of Legends to buy skins, champions, etc. For those of you that might have bought LoL RP anyway, this may be a better deal than other Serve opening bonus offers.

https://serve.com/leagueoflegends/

1000 RP just for opening the account
1000 RP for depositing $20 or more
10,000 RP for receiving a direct deposit of $20 or more
100 RP per purchase for the first 10 purchases

for a total of 13,000 bonus RP (worth about $90 to $100, depending if you normally buy larger discounted bundles of RP or buy them at the standard $5 for 650 RP rate). After that, you receive 1 RP for every $3 spent, rounded up, so a purchase of $3.01 would earn the same 2 RP as a $6 purchase.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Well if there are any LoL players that are churners, this could be very helpful to them. I forsee a lot of $3.01 Amzn "purchases."

If they are rounded up, does that mean a 1 cent purchase is 1 point?

"Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time. Cash withdrawals, cash equivalent purchases, P2P transactions, and Account fees are not eligible to earn Riot Points (RP). If the first funds loaded onto your account are via Direct Deposit then you will qualify for both the 1,000 and 10,000 RP. Receive 100 RP for each of your first 10 purchases using your American Express Serve Card, after which you will receive 1 RP for each Card purchase up to $3.00. Increased point thresholds will then apply for each Card purchase in $3 increments as follows: up to $3.00: 1 RP; $3.01-$6.00: 2 RP; $6.01-$9.00: 3 RP; $9.01-$12.00: 4 RP; etc. Direct Deposit is not available with all employers. Please allow up to two billing cycles for the first Direct Deposit payment to appear in your account. Allow up to 30 days after you register, add money, enroll in Direct Deposit, or complete a spend transaction for the RP credits to appear in your League of Legends game account. RP is subject to Riot Games' Terms of Use."

Sounds like $0.01 would be 1 RP.

How do DirectDeposits differ than normal bank transfers with routing numbers etc.?

Can I do a routing number bank transfer of $20 from my personal bank to score the $75 worth of RP?

Did you try it Ario? I'm also wondering if it will work. Have until the 16th of September but the earliest my employer can switch DD is the 2t0h.

There's so much in this thread that I don't understand. You damn kids and your video games! (I think these are video games?)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014