• filter:
  • 178910 11
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I got points for purchases on 11/2, but none of the others between 10/20 and then, nor purchases made afterwards. Something's quite broken there.

rated:
It seems that they are trickling in slowly.

rated:
In my case, the new ones (after 11/2) are trickling in (with one between 11/2 and 11/12 gone missing) but all those between 10/20 and 11/2 are still not accounted for. Their IT folks are supposed to be working on it. Maybe I'm just lucky.

rated:
looks like $25 cards have gone up slightly to 2940 points

rated:
I am receiving no points after 11/17. They are becoming my least favorite CC company to deal with.

rated:
2hotforu said:   I am receiving no points after 11/17. They are becoming my least favorite CC company to deal with.
  Same.  Not get any points.

rated:
Thanks to OP and to other posters here.  If not for this thread would not have known to stay away from PenFed credit cards.  I just signed up with Sallie Mae, where a point is a point, and you get 5%.  Point devaluation is ridiculous, an absolute must to avoid, and who knows what PenFed will pull next!!  You turn around and they have their hand on your wallet.

rated:
Stay far away from Penfed credit cards. The customer service is horrible. There is a problem with many users not getting any points. I have called many times and I have been given a different answer every time. The problem is still not fixed. I stopped using the card period now.

rated:
Penfed isn't the most competent institution, but they all have their warts.  Maybe I'm a little more laid back than most in this thread, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that points will eventually start posting correctly.

I solely use my Penfed AMEX for flights. Unless someone can suggest another card where I'm earning 5pts per dollar on airfare (and not a 3 month promo, I'm talking a card that offers 5pts or close to it by default) I don't see a reason to jump ship here.

rated:
My statements start on the 18th, so while I also noticed I haven't earned any points since 11/17, I simply thought they are doing it at the end of the cycle nowadays unlike processing it as we go.

rated:
donotdrinkPBR said:   Penfed isn't the most competent institution, but they all have their warts.  Maybe I'm a little more laid back than most in this thread, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that points will eventually start posting correctly.

I solely use my Penfed AMEX for flights. Unless someone can suggest another card where I'm earning 5pts per dollar on airfare (and not a 3 month promo, I'm talking a card that offers 5pts or close to it by default) I don't see a reason to jump ship here.

with penfed amex, we earn ~4.2% at the current point value.   
chase csp gives 2 UR points per dollar for airline tickets. UR points are worth ~ 2 cents each, so this is similar. Now, penfed amex requires you to buy tickets directly from the airline, no travel agencies. csp if i am not mistaken does allow you to go through Expedia and the like and still get the 2 UR/point. This is important because you can usually get portal savings from travel agencies but not airlines. for example right now you can get 5% CashBack or an extra 2 UR points per dollar for Travelocity. you can get 5% at Expedia. and an amazing 13% on Orbitz through ebates. 
Also, you can use chase ink to buy southwest egift cards from Staples.com and thus get 5 UR points/dollar at southwest if you are flying with them. 

Don't get me wrong, the penfed amex is a good card, I have it and I use it to buy flights sometimes. But sometimes you can do much better. 

rated:
donotdrinkPBR said:   Penfed isn't the most competent institution, but they all have their warts.  Maybe I'm a little more laid back than most in this thread, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that points will eventually start posting correctly.

Have received no points.  So they were good when they first started then they brought the points in house.  Now they can't/won't fix it.  I was told to list every thing I used the card for since the 17th so they can open a "case"  lol.  I am not wasting my time calling every month for hours to do this. 

rated:
Other than the prepaid Visa cards and maybe Amazon gift cards, how are the redemption values for merchandise, travel, etc.?  Worth it?

rated:
FutureBillionaire said:   It seems that they are trickling in slowly.

Yep. I'm also missing a fair amount of points. Some amounts seem to be trickling in here and there. In anycase I just crossed 2940, so I just cashed out for a CVS gift card.

In anycase, this is an Amex Offer only credit card. Beyond that they are not worth dealing with.

rated:
Several people in this thread have complained of Penfed customer service. I want to echo my own negative experience. I  have had the no fee 5% CashBack on gas card for several years. I was told by a csr if you opened an IRA they waived the 25 dollar yearly fee. I opened an IRA thinking this would save me 50 bucks toward my two cards. (one card is for my college age son on my account but in his name) I was still charged the fee on two of my cards. Called csr and was told it had to be a certain kind of IRA which I was not told initially. They would not waive the fee. They have my IRA money. I will get Fort Knox Credit Union card or Sallie Mae credit card and close this one out. I will transfer the IRA and not look back. Lousy customer service. American Express and Discover have much better customer service in my experience..  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014