• filter:
  • 16789 10
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
antifaith said:   
NEDeals said:   Is the Signature version of this card not reporting credit limits?

It's hit or miss with siggys.  I have some that do report (Citi Forward) some that don't (US Bank Cash+).

There was a report that PenFed said they would report CLs in the thread from last year, but I'm not sure if it has been confirmed (or changed since then):
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1268616/m17712235/#m1771...

rated:
NEDeals said: They don't need to do either, but last August several CSRs said that they were told that the points earning would be reduced (on top of the redemption devaluation) in the 2014 time frame.
So far, that has not happened.

You're right, of course; they can do whatever they want. I guess I'll just wait and see how it rolls out this year. At this point it's of no use to me anyway. Possibly I'll wait until after the change and hope that they ease up on the point devaluation after they reduce the earnings so that I can cash out my points. Hard do visualize the appeal of a CC with that combo of perks. That said, there are plenty of total crap cards out there, and people apply for them. Maybe they're moving toward the sucker demographic. Wonder what the payment/default rate looks like for that sector?

rated:
downhillskier said:   As a follow-up, I asked them to clarify if they were offering to close the upgraded card or close my account altogether. This is the response:

At this time the upgrade cannot be stopped or canceled as we are no longer offering the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Card. Please rest assured that you will keep the same credit card number, that your point balances will transfer over, and that your current card will continue to work until you receive and activate your new card.

I hardly even use it now, but the card will definitely sock-drawer it if the 5/3/1 points get reduced in the future.

Interesting they say that since I got my replacement card (for old expiration) in May. My old card was a Platinum Rewards Visa non-EMV (opted out of Signature last year). My new card is a Platinum Rewards Visa w/ EMV (NOT Signature). Interesting they say they no longer offer it anymore, but issued the new card under the old program. Oh well. I actually wouldn't have minded the Signature Visa card as I already have two World MC. However, Chase is converting one of my World MCs to a Visa Signature, so I guess I got both now.

rated:
antifaith said:   
NEDeals said:   Is the Signature version of this card not reporting credit limits?

It's hit or miss with siggys.  I have some that do report (Citi Forward) some that don't (US Bank Cash+).

My citi forward isn't a signature.  Nice that you were able to get that.  My cash + doesn't report.  My US Bank card didn't report for a long time.

I have two of these cards and use them at grocery stores.  I'll continue to use them until the points are devalued.

rated:
I just checked the penfed rewards site. They now apparently have $25 best buy GC for 2900 points, which is cheaper than random $50 GC for 5900 points. So the threshold for efficiently cashing in your points is a bit lower now. I'm sitting on 2700 points; figure random Amex sync offers can acquire the remaining 200 eventually.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014