• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this offer is targeted.

"When you place 45 or more stock or options trades by September 30th, 2013, we'll rebate you $3 per trade on the first 45 trades. That's the same as paying just $6.99 per trade.

GET A $135 REBATE

WHEN YOU PLACE 45 TRADES BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2013

Follow three quick and easy steps to take advantage of this exclusive offer.

STEP 1.Click the Log On button.
STEP 2.Log on as normal (enter your user ID and password).
STEP 3.Click Enroll Now.

To receive the $135 rebate, you must execute at least 45 (stock or options) trades between your date of enrollment and September 30, 2013, the offer expiration date. Your account will be credited within one week of your 45th qualifying trade. Excludes current E*Trade Financial Corporation associates, and non-U.S. residents. This offer is not valid for Unincorporated Organization or E*Trade Bank accounts. One promotion per customer. You must be the original recipient of this offer in order to receive the rebate."

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/jumppage/viewjumppage?PageName=45trade...

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yeah, I got this too.  Honestly it's a pretty weird concept for a promotion - 45 trades is a LOT and $135 isn't that much (compared to new account bonuses etc). Then there's comparison that it makes your trade commissions effectively only $7 each, which reminds me how overpriced ETrade is at $10 compared to other brokers that only charge $7 from the go (Sharebuilder, etc).  So the net effect is to make me think... Hmm, maybe I should move my ETrade account elsewhere, get $7 trades there for everything, and get a $100+ new account bonus.

I do a lot of trading, and I don't think I'm going to bother with this.  I care too much about commission costs and good execution, so doing 45 of the trades I would do anyway through ETrade would cost me more than the $135!

What about commission free ETF trades?

rpi1967 said:   What about commission free ETF trades?
  Being its a rebate, what's to rebate on free?

xerty said:   Yeah, I got this too.  Honestly it's a pretty weird concept for a promotion - 45 trades is a LOT and $135 isn't that much (compared to new account bonuses etc). Then there's comparison that it makes your trade commissions effectively only $7 each, which reminds me how overpriced ETrade is at $10 compared to other brokers that only charge $7 from the go (Sharebuilder, etc).  So the net effect is to make me think... Hmm, maybe I should move my ETrade account elsewhere, get $7 trades there for everything, and get a $100+ new account bonus.

I do a lot of trading, and I don't think I'm going to bother with this.  I care too much about commission costs and good execution, so doing 45 of the trades I would do anyway through ETrade would cost me more than the $135!

The 9.99 commissions are only for those too lazy to call and get their commissions reduced to 7.99. This promotion + calling would effectively give you $5.99 trades. I did the same thing when I used Scottrade and got my commissions down from $7 to $5 and $1.25/option to $0.75 by simply filling out a form.   

wow, I never realized E-Trade raised their prices to $10.  I use combo of WT and Schwab, and that E*Trade pricing is more than those established old brokerages is surprising.  
You should easily be able to get commissions reduce by saying large competitors offer better prices and you are thinking of moving your assets over.

dpid said:   wow, I never realized E-Trade raised their prices to $10.  I use combo of WT and Schwab, and that E*Trade pricing is more than those established old brokerages is surprising.  
You should easily be able to get commissions reduce by saying large competitors offer better prices and you are thinking of moving your assets over.

Somebody has to pay for all of those baby superbowl commercials!

Looking4morecents said:   
rpi1967 said:   What about commission free ETF trades?
  Being its a rebate, what's to rebate on free?

What if you spend $135 on commissioned trades and the rest with free etf trades.
Last year ETrade had a $200 apple gift card for 30 trades in 3 months. I did 30 etf trades commission free and got the  $200 apple gift card as did my friend. But this maybe moot since I did not get the offer.

mistadeal said:    I did the same thing when I used Scottrade and got my commissions down from $7 to $5 and $1.25/option to $0.75 by simply filling out a form.   

Is it still possible? What form do I ask for?

unnamedone said:   
mistadeal said:    I did the same thing when I used Scottrade and got my commissions down from $7 to $5 and $1.25/option to $0.75 by simply filling out a form.   

Is it still possible? What form do I ask for?

I had to go into the branch to fill the form out. It has been a few years so I do not recall but it was a standard form where you request lowered commissions. My account was fairly active at the time, I was making multiple trades per day. If you are not doing any volume they may deny your request, but it can't hurt to try. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014