• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got this in email today, not a bad deal if they don't do credit check .

Introducing Discover CashBack CheckingSM. Get a $50 bonus1 when you open an account by September 23.
No monthly fees—and no minimum balance2
Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs
Plus earn 10¢ CashBack Bonus® on purchases and payments


Member Summary

targeted email
Thanks DMC
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you initiated the billpay from Discover online Billpay tab, you will receive 10 cents each billpay, no minimum dollar... (more)

DMC (May. 14, 2014 @ 11:13a) |

Thanks for the answers.

UnixLab (May. 14, 2014 @ 2:53p) |

Can you have more than one checking account?

Does this bank work with Quicken Direct Connect?

DrForce (May. 17, 2014 @ 8:00p) |

targeted email
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there an offer code? Are you an existing customer?

So do they do a credit pull or not?
Green for using the tables ... until it gets old

The offer claims "This exclusive cardmember offer is only available for Discover card ending in xxxxx." No offer codes.

Finally got the offer today.  Easy $50 if they don't do a hard pull.

bankdealsrule said:   The offer claims "This exclusive cardmember offer is only available for Discover card ending in xxxxx." No offer codes.
I'm an existing cardmember and I received this offer via email back in July.  The CSR I called said they only use chexsystems, so I opened one; no bureau shows a pull.  The link in the email is apparently targeted, but I also received a hard copy offer to open via discoverbank.com/RewardsAreIn50   but that the "exclusive cardmember offer is only available online for Discover card ending in XXXX"

I'm still waiting on the bonus which may show up in late August or early September based on the conditions

you can visit the previous thread for info about the account itself
previous FW thread 

Yes, This probably is only for existing Discover card members.
This checking account sounds really good to me as i went through their comparison chart with other banks, This looks like tension free account. Zero min balance, free checks, More ATMs,No Monthly Fee.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cbchecking-10-10-10/?src=S...

I received  a similar letter from discover card but there is no mention of $50.00 bonus in it.

786akr said:   I received  a similar letter from discover card but there is no mention of $50.00 bonus in it.
  same here- i even opened the account already.... yesterday. Anyone try to call and add on the $50 bonus (even if not targeted?)?

Now that Chase ended the Freedom 10 cent per charge when you had a bank account this is pretty much an equivalent... I wonder who will be the first to try to get blacklisted?

I got an offer a month or so back, but it did not have a bonus so I did not apply.


I will check the mail when I get home.

Existing Discover CC member.

I have been waiting for a mailer for what seems like forever.

If you get your statements online, how can you get the offer? I logged into my account but don't see anything.

shallot said:   If you get your statements online, how can you get the offer? I logged into my account but don't see anything.
  Mine came in a separate mailing, not with my statement.  Still hoping that DW gets one and we can double-dip.

Chris.

hansp said:   
 
No monthly fees—and no minimum balance2
Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs
Plus earn 10¢ CashBack Bonus® on purchases and payments


  is 10¢ CashBack Bonus on pin less transactions??

vickh said:   
hansp said:   
 

No monthly fees—and no minimum balance2
Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs
Plus earn 10¢ CashBack Bonus® on purchases and payments


  is 10¢ CashBack Bonus on pin less transactions??

  I tried asking a rep about this the other day, and she seemed a bit unsure, but thought it was either pin or as credit.

I got the offer today.

I got something in the snail mail today. There is a link Discoverbank.com/50bonus . I just opened an account about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I can open a second one to get the $50.

Clocks said:   
vickh said:   
hansp said:   
 



No monthly fees—and no minimum balance2
Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs
Plus earn 10¢ CashBack Bonus® on purchases and payments


  is 10¢ CashBack Bonus on pin less transactions??

  I tried asking a rep about this the other day, and she seemed a bit unsure, but thought it was either pin or as credit.

  Not sure on pin / pin less transaction, there are other ways to earn CashBack .How do I earn CashBack  Rewards with my CashBack  Checking account?You may earn CashBack  Bonus in the following ways:

  • $0.10 every time you make a purchase with your Discover Debit Card
  • $0.10 for every bill you pay using our Online Bill Payment service
  • $0.10 every time you write a check and it clears your account

vickh said:   hansp said:   
 
No monthly fees—and no minimum balance2
Surcharge-free cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs
Plus earn 10¢ CashBack Bonus® on purchases and payments


  is 10¢ CashBack Bonus on pin less transactions??

It works for both pin and pin less transaction. I have it and gotten 10 cents for both

So...one could send 10000, $.10 checks to payoff a credit card bill right?

Some people on this forum WOULD send 10,000 payments, of perhaps $.01, to get a few Bernankes.

Smart people visit this site, don't think anyone has time to play for 10 cents.
I opened my account yesterday and going to order free checks, have been using chase for 10 extra points(which is gone now)and free checks. Time to close chase now, and open next year again for $$.

Clocks said:   I got something in the snail mail today. There is a link Discoverbank.com/50bonus . I just opened an account about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I can open a second one to get the $50.
 

  Signed up using the link above. I only had the card and not the checking account, but was able to log in using my existing username/ pass, which pre-fills your personal info during application. Very easy. But, had to call to speak with a live person afterward for verification.

FoxyOxy said:   
Clocks said:   I got something in the snail mail today. There is a link Discoverbank.com/50bonus . I just opened an account about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I can open a second one to get the $50.

 

  Signed up using the link above. I only had the card and not the checking account, but was able to log in using my existing username/ pass, which pre-fills your personal info during application. Very easy. But, had to call to speak with a live person afterward for verification.

  So they verifed you would get the bonus using that link, without receiving something in the mail?

daw4888 said:   
FoxyOxy said:   
Clocks said:   I got something in the snail mail today. There is a link Discoverbank.com/50bonus . I just opened an account about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if I can open a second one to get the $50.



 

  Signed up using the link above. I only had the card and not the checking account, but was able to log in using my existing username/ pass, which pre-fills your personal info during application. Very easy. But, had to call to speak with a live person afterward for verification.

  So they verifed you would get the bonus using that link, without receiving something in the mail?

  
Yes, rep verified bonus will apply in 4-6 weeks, and this was also part of the verbiage prior to clicking Submit during the online application. I did not save a copy of the exact terms, so not sure if it's 4-6 weeks from application or from first use, etc.
Edit: Until earlier today, I have been unsubscribed from promotional emails and promo mail (by choice). I changed the settings for email promos under account management online. Not sure if I would have received anything that way, but definitely nothing right away.

$.10 bonus for each transaction? Looks like its time to write a computer program to make 11,111,112 .01 cent purchases. This will net CashBack of... One Milli'on Dollars!


(Looks like the guy that got banned from Chase for doing this, just got a nice window of opportunity)

Here's an existing thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1256726 , it has answers to most questions already

Yes, rep verified bonus will apply in 4-6 weeks, and this was also part of the verbiage prior to clicking Submit during the online application. I did not save a copy of the exact terms, so not sure if it's 4-6 weeks from application or from first use, etc.
Edit: Until earlier today, I have been unsubscribed from promotional emails and promo mail (by choice). I changed the settings for email promos under account management online. Not sure if I would have received anything that way, but definitely nothing right away.

____________________________

A rep told me that this is not true. She called the credit card and spoke to a supervisor that this is targeted. You will not get the bonus unless it is attached to your credit card account. And it is a CashBack card only. She also said people will see it  in there credit card account online.

I went to the link above and don't see anything about a bonus.

Minoritydan said:   I went to the link above and don't see anything about a bonus.
$50 promotion was written in the email subject line, seems like this is for existing(not all) discover card members. As others suggested that you have to verify with CSR after opening the account. They mentioned somewhere that they will report this to IRS. If you are existing discover card holder it will take  4-5 mins to open the account.

As I said a rep told me that this is not true. She called the credit card dept.and spoke to a supervisor that this is targeted only. You will NOT get the bonus unless it is attached to your credit card account. And it is a CashBack card only. She also said people will see it in there credit card account online also if is attached to there account.

I'll keep an eye out. I got the $25 bonus for opening Discover savings and I have multiple Discover CC's.

Thanks for the info.

StartByServingOthers said:   $.10 bonus for each transaction? Looks like its time to write a computer program to make 11,111,112 .01 cent purchases. This will net CashBack of... One Milli'on Dollars!


(Looks like the guy that got banned from Chase for doing this, just got a nice window of opportunity)

  
but did he get to keep the points is the real question

What is so great about this account?

Got this today. I passed on opening the account in the past because while the 10¢ per transaction is a nice gimmick I dont think it churnable/scalable.
I'll take the free $50 though.

Donedealzz said:   As I said a rep told me that this is not true. She called the credit card dept.and spoke to a supervisor that this is targeted only. You will NOT get the bonus unless it is attached to your credit card account. And it is a CashBack card only. She also said people will see it in there credit card account online also if is attached to there account.
 

  
I spoke to a rep today while opening my account. The original rep informed me that the offer had "expired on July 31". I told her that that wasn't possible because I just got the email offer within the past week. (e.g. after July 31!)

This led to an interesting statement from a different rep: Apparently, they have a list of "email addresses" (as the other rep put it) that are entitled to the bonus, and this other rep said that they would be searching for new checking accounts after the promo ended and applying the bonus to those accounts based on the email address being on that targeted list. In other words (and this part is just my own comment), if you weren't originally targeted, you will apparently NOT see a bonus.

"Offer not available to current checking customers or those whose checking accounts were closed in past 90 days. Account should be opened through link provided and must be funded between 8/15/13-9/23/13. Offer is non-transferable and only for addressee. Limit 1 per customer. Bonus will be issued within 4-6 weeks of 9/23/13 as a credit to your account, which must be open when issued. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer may be withdrawn without notice."

For those targeted in August, bonus credit won't appear until earliest 10/23/13.
 

If you have more than one Discover card, make sure you use the link or code connected to the account with the $50 offer.

Skipping 111 Messages...
Can you have more than one checking account?

Does this bank work with Quicken Direct Connect?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014