• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BBVA Compass is offering another free tablet.  IMO it is a slight downgrade from Kindle Fire HD 7 last year. (~200 value to ~169)
But another free(before taxes) tablet shouldn't hurt......
This time the requirements are also higher because 10 visa card transactions with $25 or higher are required...(could be a deal breaker to some.)
http://www.bbvacompass.com/special/201306/samsung/
T&C:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB™ 3 Account Opening BonusConsumer checking accounts opened from July 15, 2013 to September 30, 2013, may be eligible for a Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 3 7-inch (Wi-Fi). Checking accounts are subject to approval, which may include credit approval. $25 minimum opening deposit required. Miscellaneous fees and service charges may apply. Please review the following information to understand how to qualify for the bonus.Within sixty (60) days of account opening, the accountholder must meet all of the following requirements: (A) at least one qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 from an unrelated third party must post to the account; (B) ten (10) BBVA Compass Visa® Check Card transactions of at least $25 each (excluding ATM transactions) must post to your account AND (C) three (3) bill payments of at least $50 each to 3 unique, unrelated third parties through the bill pay service in BBVA Compass Online or Mobile Banking must post to the account . Transfers made from PayPal, ING Direct, or from accounts owned by the accountholder (or related parties) at other financial institutions do not qualify. Bill payments must be completed by the deadline. Payments made by check or person-to-person (P2P) payments do not qualify. Payments made by a third party debiting your account do not qualify.The Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 3 7-inch (Wi-Fi) will be shipped via UPS or FedEx to the statement address associated with the checking account. Signature will be required at time of delivery. Bonus will be mailed within 90 days of meeting the eligibility requirements. Image shown in advertisement is for illustration only; color may vary according to availability. Account must be open and in good standing at the time bonus is mailed.Offer valid only for new consumer checking accountholders who have not had an existing BBVA Compass consumer checking account within the last 90 days. NBA Checking Accounts are not eligible. BBVA Compass employees and household members are not eligible. Maximum of one (1) bonus per household. Offer not valid with any other offer and subject to change without notice. BBVA Compass may report the value of the bonus to the IRS as required by law. Galaxy Tablet is a trademark of Samsung. Galaxy Tablets are given away on behalf of BBVA Compass. Samsung is not a sponsor of nor affiliated with this promotion. Other limitations may apply.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
has anyone received their galaxy tablet?
i signed up for a checking account and met all the requirements to get the table... (more)

bbvzz (Jan. 29, 2014 @ 12:06p) |

I haven't received mine yet, but it also has not been 90 days since I met all the requirements.

One thing I don't like th... (more)

fatwally2102 (Jan. 29, 2014 @ 12:38p) |

*edit

fatwally2102 (Jan. 30, 2014 @ 11:24a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

View said:   ... Please review the following information to understand how to qualify for the bonus.Within sixty (60) days of account opening, the accountholder must meet all of the following requirements: (A) at least one qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 from an unrelated third party must post to the account; (B) ten (10) BBVA Compass Visa® Check Card transactions of at least $25 each (excluding ATM transactions) must post to your account AND (C) three (3) bill payments of at least $50 each to 3 unique, unrelated third parties through the bill pay service in BBVA Compass Online or Mobile Banking must post to the account . 

The bolded part is more of a dealbreaker for me.  Seems like an awful lot of requirements for little payoff it was easier to get $200 dollar bonuses at chase and such

Not worth it for anything less than another Samsung product: Galaxy S4. Are you listening, Bankers in the Pyrenees?

snork615 said:   Not worth it for anything less than another Samsung product: Galaxy S4. Are you listening, Bankers in the Pyrenees?
  Galaxy S4?    That would be too good to be true. Why not HTC One or Iphone 5?
I got the Kindle Fire HD from them and only had to do one DD and 3 online bill pays.  I think mine was a good deal considering Kindle Fire HD was still relatively new at the time. (April).
I, too think the $25 x 10 transactions are quite a bit of a hassle......but those can be 10 x $25 utility and cell phone bill payments, which could take just a few clicks each.
It's still an okay deal with Galaxy Tab 3 but not as good as the previous one IMHO.

Don't do it. I opened mine a few days ago and got a hard pull on TU. Trying to get it removed. I heard on SD there was someone who got hit with 3 on TU too.

myndreamland said:   Don't do it. I opened mine a few days ago and got a hard pull on TU. Trying to get it removed. I heard on SD there was someone who got hit with 3 on TU too.
  Thanks, I was wondering if it would be a hard pull.

Don't ever open any account at BBVA Compass. Once they have your SSN, they will pull hard inquiries on the credit report willy-nilly (without consent). I had a safety deposit box with them for over 2 years and they pulled my credit 6 months back (hard pull) for no reason. I tried fighting with them for 6 months to get it removed, but in vain. I closed my account now. I never had a worse experience with any other bank in my life.

sbeerav said:   Don't ever open any account at BBVA Compass. Once they have your SSN, they will pull hard inquiries on the credit report willy-nilly (without consent). I had a safety deposit box with them for over 2 years and they pulled my credit 6 months back (hard pull) for no reason. I tried fighting with them for 6 months to get it removed, but in vain. I closed my account now. I never had a worse experience with any other bank in my life.

We've not had a similar experience. We've had accounts there for a few years now; no hard pulls except for the initial opening.

Is there a reason to fear the hard pull?

forbin4040 said:   Is there a reason to fear the hard pull?
 Hard pulls hurt your score.

$200 for a hard pull is not worth it IMHO.

Wow I get a hard pull about twice a year I didn't think that it would affect my score. I don't do AOR's or anything like that.
And coupled with the fact that my home loan is low I don't think I will be worrying about my Credit score for at least a year.

I was just wondering why everyone screams HARD PULL=DEVIL everytime it's mentioned.  For me $200 = 5 point drop for 6 months...I can live with it

forbin4040 said:   For me $200 = 5 point drop for 6 months...I can live with it
  No way, it's feels like you being forced to strip with 9mm in your mouth in the strip club 

forbin4040 said:   Wow I get a hard pull about twice a year I didn't think that it would affect my score. I don't do AOR's or anything like that.
And coupled with the fact that my home loan is low I don't think I will be worrying about my Credit score for at least a year.

I was just wondering why everyone screams HARD PULL=DEVIL everytime it's mentioned.  For me $200 = 5 point drop for 6 months...I can live with it

Primarily because to most of us who utilize our credit to it's fullest extent, a hard pull is worth $500+

Better to just buy it outright imo than jumping through all those hurdles just to get it.

Be sure to get in on the build your savings accounts along with the checking account at BBVA!

Depending on how you want to look at it I'm getting about 5% return on mine (capped at $250 / year).

T&C Summary:
Attention all you signup bonus abusers. The party is over. Now it's our party, and we're gonna have fun watching all you little lab rats run around our maze trying to get the cheese.

RedCobra said:   T&C Summary:
Attention all you signup bonus abusers. The party is over. Now it's our party, and we're gonna have fun watching all you little lab rats run around our maze trying to get the cheese.

Problem for them is that there are many other places (with far fewer hoops) to get much better cheese...

rsrvoir said:   
RedCobra said:   T&C Summary:

Problem for them is that there are many other places (with far fewer hoops) to get much better cheese...

I'm thinking that it'll be ironic when at a certain point only the bonus abusers will get the cheese, and the 'real' users will get angry that they did not get their bonus, and leave.

what are u doing for the direct depost?

and can u make 10 transactions to the same person, ie, phone bill?

cheapblood said:   what are u doing for the direct depost?

and can u make 10 transactions to the same person, ie, phone bill?

Based on the T&C, it may be okay but you can check with customer service.
The 3 bill payments need to be different, which can be easily done by paying 3 credit cards.
The DD is the biggest hassle because I temporarily changed my paycheck deposit for one cycle to meet the requirement.
Another hurdle is that I have to keep $1500 in the account to avoid fees.   I probably will close the account in a year.(if closed in 6 months, fees apply, too)
This is a fee heavy bank but you may benefit from the liquid CD like mentioned above if you have some extra cash for it...with matching bonus up to $250.

If I only had a job to get DD from, I'd go for it. Other than a job or government check, is there any other things that could be made to count for a direct deposit?

HSimpson101 said:   If I only had a job to get DD from, I'd go for it. Other than a job or government check, is there any other things that could be made to count for a direct deposit?
  How about social security.

BradisBrad said:   
forbin4040 said:   Wow I get a hard pull about twice a year I didn't think that it would affect my score. I don't do AOR's or anything like that.

Primarily because to most of us who utilize our credit to it's fullest extent, a hard pull is worth $500+

and tablet not even worth $200 cash....then you probably need to pay taxes on full price. so you probably won't even net $100 (after paying taxes on inflated price). 

It appears only certain parts of Florida are eligible.   Account opened online and closed manually the following day.   Reason: "not in any of our market areas."

I have a checking and a savings account with BBVA. Zero hard pulls.

Hi,
Does any know if the Samsung Galaxy tab offer needs an Offer Code? Thanks.

myndreamland said:   

I usually pay $200 for a hard pull.

Just an update: Wrote a certified letter to their lending department asking them to remove the inquiry. Got a CK alert a few weeks later that the hard pull was removed. Pretty decent IMHO.

Anyone else still missing their tablet? According to the terms they have 90 days, and I guess the offer isn't 90 days old yet...

The internet link is still there so I guess we can still get the Samsung tablet

But it says it ends November 15

BBVA is the lousiest bank I have ever dealt in my life. Terrible customer service, I closed my both accounts within 30 days of opening.

dishdude said:   
myndreamland said:   

I usually pay $200 for a hard pull.

You getting ripped off...

nm

has anyone received their galaxy tablet?
i signed up for a checking account and met all the requirements to get the tablet.
It has been 5 months now and i still dont have a tablet.
i smell deceptive advertising.

I haven't received mine yet, but it also has not been 90 days since I met all the requirements.

One thing I don't like this bank is that they will charge you for external wire transfers even if they are to your own accounts.

*edit

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014