• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
chantspel said:   That's a decent shave brush for the money btw. Although I didn't get quite the deal you did on it
††
I got an omega and it was clearly much better for not much more money. I'm not ready to spend $50+ on a badger hair one, the boar works just fine.†

Recently, I had a great experience with third party seller who credited me purchase price of item ($105) and did not need to return the item.

scripta said:   Because that's his only post, and it could be considered spam-vertisement and off-topic.Right, I can see the scheme now... He created an account back in March of 2011 and laid-low while waiting for the perfect time to make his one post to generate sales roughly 2 1/2 years later...

ChinaRider said:   
scripta said:   Because that's his only post, and it could be considered spam-vertisement and off-topic.
Right, I can see the scheme now... He created an account back in March of 2011 and laid-low while waiting for the perfect time to make his one post to generate sales roughly 2 1/2 years later...

† Shhhh, you'll ruin it for the 10+ year accounts waiting for the REALLY BIG pitch. Wait for it...

A couple years ago Amazon banned a significant number of people for returning too many items....

I returned a $5 item that was defective. †They gave me a refund immediately and still paid for a UPS pickup and return shipping back to them. †This was last week so YMMV.†

Been an Amazon shopper for years, and I have had the same thing happen a couple of times. Once I ordered a box of tank filters and just ONE filter out on ten was defective. I was ready to send the whole box back to Amazon, but I was told to keep the box of 9 filters AND I received a refund.

Bought a $10.00ish book in January this year, was not at all like the description, asked for return and they had me ship it back. They gave me a label to print.

Not prime, no prior return history.

Amazon has by far the best service and that includes returns and also going beyond their own terms (perhaps it depends on whether you are a frequent/prime member). My best return experience was when I had a (heavy) A/V receiver and I noticed a problem six months after purchase. Per their own terms, after the first month it was up to the manufacturer, but the manufacturer wanted me to pay for tracked shipping, which was quite expensive for such a heavy item. So I asked Amazon online if there was something they could do for me, e.g. arrange cheaper shipping etc - I didn't ask for something specific, just explained my situation in case they could help. Well, they simply sent me a shipping label to send it back to them and gave me a full refund!
Chinese eBay sellers let me keep their broken (cheap) gadgets all the time (happens often) - so I would expect Amazon to do it for more than $5 items.
My best "keep it" return was from Overstock.com. I had bought a great futon-sofa, with a very strange flaw: under CFL light the two halves were different color! They did not want it returned, so I actually sold it for about $150 (with the color issue disclaimer), and when they figured out and corrected the problem at the factory they sent me another one and gave me a discount on top!

Why post this? Amazon has been doing this for years. Problem with posting it is all the people who then try and take advantage of it. What happens then is that Amazon starts to require all these items to be returned which is an added expense for Amazon and an annoyance for customers. It gets to the point that it makes sense for Amazon to pay for you to ship a $5 sledge hammer back to them to avoid the 100 people that return a "defective" one to try and get it for free.

beltme said:   What is interesting about this policy is when the item is an FBA item.

For those who do not know, FBA is Fulfillment by Amazon. FBA is a program where 3rd party sellers send in their merchandise in bulk and Amazon ships it to the Customer when ordered.

So when Amazon tells a buyer that they don't have to return the item, the buyer things Amazon is great. However, Amazon docks the FBA seller for the refund and they don't get the product back. Buyer and Amazon win and the FBA seller gets screwed.

††
Are you just speculating on that, or do you know for a fact? I've never done FBA, but I did sell a used tablet case (approx $25) on their website (which I shipped myself). I advertised it clearly as brand A model B, and the buyer wanted a refund because it didn't fit his brand A model C correctly. I pointed out that fact in my response, and neither accepted nor denied his claim. I was waiting for his response before making a decision. Instead, he filed an A-Z claim, stating several things were damaged on the case (things which were never mentioned in the original claim). I pointed this out to Amazon in my response to the claim. They gave him a refund and let him keep the case, but they also let me keep the money I was paid. So at least in this instance, Amazon was willing to eat the cost to keep both buyer and seller happy.

What is this thread about? It is part of the business and depends on many factors, including the fact is representative is in a good mood or had a bad night sleep. In some cases Amazon eats the costs in some they are completely an*l.
I was able to do price match with Amazon couple of times, even though they do not have price match guaranty.
Like any big company they do have consider customer satisfaction vs. costs. I don't think you can really abuse this. You might get lucky or not.

I sold few things on Amazon, and sometime I also refunded money without asking for the return item,
because item was pretty cheap and figured that time I would spend arguing to resolve the problem worth more.

Overall, Amazon is good company to deal with

vipercon said:   Why post this? Amazon has been doing this for years. Problem with posting it is all the people who then try and take advantage of it. What happens then is that Amazon starts to require all these items to be returned which is an added expense for Amazon and an annoyance for customers. It gets to the point that it makes sense for Amazon to pay for you to ship a $5 sledge hammer back to them to avoid the 100 people that return a "defective" one to try and get it for free.
† Boohoo, you have to return something that you were trying to return anyway and you still get a refund that you were going to get anyway? I'm sure all of Amazon's customers frequent FWF†and†shop enough on Amazon to make this work†and†are going to try to abuse it†and†will ruin it for everyone else and†wouldn't just get stopped by Amazon and be forced to return the item. That seems highly likely.†

I am prime. I probably spend $1000+ on Amazon each year. I am 4 for 4 on refunds for items I want to return. Two off these were items that I ordered wrong.

steve1jr said:   
forbin4040 said:   
gloreglabert said:   
forbin4040 said:   † HUH?

This is discussing Amazon's don't return it policy.† How does this work into Free Stuff? (Which is for people who WILL get a free item)

† That was a joke.

† Bad Joke.

To fit in with this forum you should've put.

Hmm...I wonder if I order a Crown Vic from Amazon and then tell them I want to return, they would then tell me to keep it because it's too much to ship back.

Haha.
That's a joke

† You need to work in a reference to buying used ///M3 engines from an Amazon seller

† You mean I can keep the H&B?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014