Doing a LinkedIn Photo shoot?

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
FriendlyPeon said:   http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADL/HT-G0001~George-the-Timeless-Art-of-Seduction-Posters.jpg

Professional photo shoot.

That compels an amendment to my list of disadvantages:

• you may be considered ugly
  • you may be considered to underestimate the intelligence of your hiring manager

Al3xK said:   100% Worth it! Ignore anybody who says otherwise. Whenever I receive an application, I often LinkedIn them to see who I'm reading about. We're all human and judge each other. Attractive women do much better than ugly ones. I also take more notice when a good looking female recruiter on LinkedIn contacts me.

If you get one picture on LinkedIn, make it a good one. Business casual. My coworker's company image is the same one they took against a brick wall and it makes him look like a child. He's now the Sr. VP and I was just commenting about how every email I received from him (using MS Outlook) made him look like a kid because of his thumbnail on the emails. He recently changed it and now I can take him seriously.

This is a good point. More and more, these photo-icons are showing up next to e-mail messages, texts, etc., on computers, tablets and phones. A decent photo helps your message stand out. Doesn't matter what you look like as much as whether or not its a decent photo -- it's the quality and energy of the photo that make the most difference.

Just suit and tie..no pants needed... Spend that money for the photographer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014