Fatwallet.com IPO

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I would love to see fatwallet.com come up with an ipo. What you guys and gals think about it.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Peter Lynch specifically says to look for companies with the most boring names possible. Trendy names have trendy stock ... (more)

cbdo2007 (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 12:22p) |

Pets.com?

dbond79 (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 12:29p) |

I hope not. I'd prefer the "dividends" I get from CashBack and hot deals.

angelmartinez (Sep. 08, 2013 @ 1:15p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

... only as long as FWF spins off as a separate entity not beholden to stock holders. I can't deal with any more layout changes...
/s

Soriano4life said:   I would love to see fatwallet.com come up with an ipo. What you guys and gals think about it.
††
Extremely unlikely to happen.

I'll take 10k shares!

billybwilde said:   
Soriano4life said:   I would love to see fatwallet.com come up with an ipo. What you guys and gals think about it.
††
Extremely unlikely to happen.

† Who would have thought retailmenot.com would have IPO'd...†

Fatwallet was bought by Ebates in 2011 which has since changed it's name to Performance Marketing Brands.

I would bet that if there ever was an IPO it would be the entire company of Performance Marketing Brands and not selective spin offs given the capital cost and hassle of doing an IPO these days.

dshibb said:   Fatwallet was bought by Ebates in 2011 which has since changed it's name to Performance Marketing Brands.

I would bet that if there ever was an IPO it would be the entire company of Performance Marketing Brands and not selective spin offs given the capital cost and hassle of doing an IPO these days.

† Hmm, makes you wonder.† "Performance Marketing Brands" sounds a lot more like a public company than "Ebates".

dbond79 said:   
dshibb said:   Fatwallet was bought by Ebates in 2011 which has since changed it's name to Performance Marketing Brands.

I would bet that if there ever was an IPO it would be the entire company of Performance Marketing Brands and not selective spin offs given the capital cost and hassle of doing an IPO these days.

† Hmm, makes you wonder.† "Performance Marketing Brands" sounds a lot more like a public company than "Ebates".

††
I believe Ebates had the help of some VC( funds in making the acquisition which would lead you to believe that they are looking for an exit strategy down the road. That is the usual MO of VC since exit strategy is so important to them. Logic would tell you that they wouldn't be getting involved to create a larger company to punt into to some larger company since that doesn't make any sense(unless some PE firm offered them a price they couldn't turn down). Instead logic would tell you that they're creating a larger company via VC(of all sources of funding) so that they can make a future IPO more economical.†

Oh no. FW may end up like Facebook. A big, impersonal company making loads of rules on their website while trying to cash in on every move a user makes. I prefer things as they are.

burgerwars said:   Oh no. FW may end up like Facebook. A big, impersonal company making loads of rules on their website while trying to cash in on every move a user makes. I prefer things as they are.
††
Huge difference. Facebook struggles heavily to bring in revenue to support it's expenses given the lack of monetization inherit in their business model. Facebooks perpepetual problem is trying to figure out how to monetize(a problem probably most acute in their firm than any other publicly traded company).†

Fatwallet can run a very lean operation and make a decent chunk of margin(maybe not a ton in total dollar amount, but enough margin to easily support itself and turn a profit for investors).†

dbond79 said:   
dshibb said:   Fatwallet was bought by Ebates in 2011 which has since changed it's name to Performance Marketing Brands.

I would bet that if there ever was an IPO it would be the entire company of Performance Marketing Brands and not selective spin offs given the capital cost and hassle of doing an IPO these days.

† Hmm, makes you wonder.† "Performance Marketing Brands" sounds a lot more like a public company than "Ebates".

††
I disagree.† Look at recent IPOs:
Yelp
Facebook
Zinga
LinkedIn
Twitter (oops, I am prefetching on this one)
etc

Performance Marketing Brands sounds like Multilevel marketing scam.
Ebates, on the other hand, sounds cool.

Signaling its appetite for an IPO, online cash-back shopping and coupon site owner Performance Marketing Brands has hired as its chief financial officer David Oppenheimer, who most recently was in that role at ServiceSource when it went public. aka, you ask and you might get it.

dshibb said:   
burgerwars said:   Oh no. FW may end up like Facebook. A big, impersonal company making loads of rules on their website while trying to cash in on every move a user makes. I prefer things as they are.
††
Huge difference. Facebook struggles heavily to bring in revenue to support it's expenses given the lack of monetization inherit in their business model. Facebooks perpepetual problem is trying to figure out how to monetize(a problem probably most acute in their firm than any other publicly traded company).†

Fatwallet can run a very lean operation and make a decent chunk of margin(maybe not a ton in total dollar amount, but enough margin to easily support itself and turn a profit for investors).†

† The real money to be made owning Fatwallet is in having access to the information in the heavyhitters PMs!

What was the purchase price for Fatwallet.com paid by Ebates?

If you haven't noticed, FW is now just a portal for CB. All the hot deals traffic has gone elsewhere. If they can keep the % CB high and if rival sites don't compete in that realm, then they won't have a problem.

I don't think the price was ever disclosed.

Maybe one of the Mods or someone from the firm can come on and answer that otherwise you'd probably just have to guess.

Retailmenot went public. Operates on the same business model (affiliate revenue) as Fatwallet. However, Fatwallet probably has not grown as fast as Retailmenot. Thus, no IPO.

What is an IPO? can you temme please?

Your google is broken ?

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Your google is broken ?
† He is most likely a shill trying to get the account aged etc.

Here's hoping that they offer, stock sinks and Tim or somebody of the founding picks it up again and takes it back private.

We are already faceless, how many times has new boss been on here?

dshibb said:   I don't think the price was ever disclosed.

Maybe one of the Mods or someone from the firm can come on and answer that otherwise you'd probably just have to guess.

† I'd guess 6 million.

Performance Marketing Brands sounds like Multilevel marketing scam.
Ebates, on the other hand, sounds cool.

††Peter Lynch specifically says to look for companies with the most boring names possible. Trendy names have trendy stock prices.

cbdo2007 said:   
Performance Marketing Brands sounds like Multilevel marketing scam.
Ebates, on the other hand, sounds cool.

††Peter Lynch specifically says to look for companies with the most boring names possible. Trendy names have trendy stock prices.

†Pets.com?

I hope not. I'd prefer the "dividends" I get from CashBack and hot deals.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014