• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.frontiermastercard.com/frontier/?campaignId=1854&prodidreq=CCMWC54965&cellNumber=12&referrerid= eems like a decent card. 
40k miles after $500 spend (Equals two round trip tickets)
Up to 10k additional miles with Balance transfer.
0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
3% BT fee
$69 annual fee

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$69 annual fee, NOT waived the first year

Good deal if you were planing on flying anyway. Probably looking around $100 for two round trip tickets by the time you are done with all the fees.

• Balance Transfer

Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. (During the first twelve billing cycles after account opening, either $10 or3% of each transfer, whichever is greater).

3% BT fee for the first 12 months, not 4%.  either way it's a bad deal.. trading $300 for 10k more points.

Barclays card, in case anybody was wondering.

Frontier is changing themselves into an ULCC in the mold of Spirit. Used to really like them but they are getting slowly worse. Starting to charge now for soft drinks, charging for carry on if you buy the ticket not via their web site and not sure what they will come up next. I would get it only if you have usage for the miles. 

GermanExpat said:   Frontier is changing themselves into an ULCC in the mold of Spirit. Used to really like them but they are getting slowly worse. Starting to charge now for soft drinks, charging for carry on if you buy the ticket not via their web site and not sure what they will come up next. I would get it only if you have usage for the miles. 
  I just made the unfortunate decision to fly frontier, standing in their hub in Denver, I actually saw employees screaming at customers. I had a simple question that was answered with "just get on the plane, you'll figure it out". The flight attendants were pimping this card pretty hard which makes me think that they may be planning to Jack up the miles required for a flight significantly sometime soon... I'd avoid frontier, plenty of good southwest cards out there. 

Does rewards 2 cash work on this card?

Can the miles be used for anything else (e.g., gift cards, etc.)

Not bad. Unlike most legacies, a domestic round trip is 20k instead of 25k, and a Central America trip is 30k instead of 35k.  Availability is supposedly great. Like many Barclay cards, you have a decent likelihood of getting a 15k off for doing x spend for 3 months. Thus, with a little bit of luck, you'd do some spend when getting the card, some more spend for the 15k challenge, top up to 5k of spend, and you'd have 60k miles, enough for 2 round trips to Central America/Caribbean.

Read more here .

mwa423 said:   
  I just made the unfortunate decision to fly frontier, standing in their hub in Denver, I actually saw employees screaming at customers. I had a simple question that was answered with "just get on the plane, you'll figure it out". The flight attendants were pimping this card pretty hard which makes me think that they may be planning to Jack up the miles required for a flight significantly sometime soon... I'd avoid frontier, plenty of good southwest cards out there. 

Conversely, I brought this up to my GF and she said that when she flew Frontier from the Mid West into San Francisco that she had a really pleasant experience. I have no experience with them myself.

mwa423 said:   
GermanExpat said:   Frontier is changing themselves into an ULCC in the mold of Spirit. Used to really like them but they are getting slowly worse. Starting to charge now for soft drinks, charging for carry on if you buy the ticket not via their web site and not sure what they will come up next. I would get it only if you have usage for the miles. 

I also few Frontier recently and the experience was overall good. They pushed the card on my flights as well with a 500 mile bonus and waived fee for the first year if you signed up on the flight. They also claim no blackout dates, but that of course doesn't promise availability.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014