• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In light of PenFed's gas-rewards Visa instituting a new $25 annual fee (and/or further diluting its rewards program structure), I am curious to learn of any new developments pertaining to the Fort Knox Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Card's gas-rewards program. Have current cardholders received any recent rewards program notices?

Also, I would appreciate hearing from new cardholders regarding their application process. Does a W-2 and two pay stubs remain the status quo send-in for income verification?

Does anyone have a preference between the Fort Knox card and the Sallie Mae 5% card (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1129823/)?

Recent discussion on this card has been dormant for awhile. The last contribution in the previous thread is dated May 6, 2013 (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/996967/).

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I am curious myself. Sallie Mae credit card will be discontinued according to the forumes?

I have both the Fort Knox card and the Sallie Mae 5% card.  I haven't received any change notices on either.

I got the Fort Knox card two years ago, so I can't comment on the current application process.  At the time, I provided pay stubs and a W-2.  The advantage to this card is that you get the 5% credited to every statement automatically.  You don't have to wait to accumulate CashBack or points.  There's also no limit on the 5%.  .  Besides the application process, I also don't like the website.  It's old and hard to use, and there isn't a way to set up automatic payment of the full balance.

With the Sallie Mae card, the 5% is limited to $250 in purchases on gas.  You have to accumulate CashBack and redeem at least $25 at a time.  But the website is a lot better and you can set up automatic payments of the full statement balance.
FWC said:   I am curious myself. Sallie Mae credit card will be discontinued according to the forumes?

Where did you see that?

FWC said:   I am curious myself. Sallie Mae credit card will be discontinued according to the forumes?
  Link please.  I just got this card.

whats with all the red? people trying to keep the hoards away?

Apart from an old 2012 product re-branding thread (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Sallie-Mae-card-discontinued/td-p/1540742), I can't locate any mention of the Sallie Mae MasterCard being discontinued in the near future.

Given the ease to apply and superior online management, I just applied and was approved for the Sallie Mae World MasterCard. I'm back to four cards though this one will become my default for my two primary monthly expenses (food and gas).

Cheers.

are you named after that neil diamond song about the brother love preacher who gives a sermon in a tent to the faithful flock

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014