• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received an email from American Express this morning stating:
Adding funds to your Bluebird Account is easy. Now, Bluebird is adding another no-fee way to add funds online to your Account.

Effective immediately, you can add funds to your Account from your debit card for no fee (previously $2.00 per transaction).

The fees chart reflects this.

There is, however, a $100 daily / $1,000 monthly limit on online debit card deposits, it says.

You could already deposit for free from a debit card at WalMart (with a higher daily limit, I believe), but now you can do it online, too.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The $1k/mo limit on online debit loads is separate from the $5k VR/swipe reload limit. So although the $100/day limit is a pain, this does raise the effective BB load limit from $5k/mo to $6k/mo.

It looks like this has a 100/day 1000/month limit that is separate from the 5000/month cash and vanilla limits.

The next question is which debits work?

Could also be useful for RCAs.

Haha, double post?

Anyone have a standard visa gift card they want to set up a PIN for and see if this works?

I refuse to go to Wal-Mart so this might be a good deal for me.

Popmoney is better. $1 fee but the limit is $500 instead of $100

debtinator said:   Could also be useful for RCAs.

YMMV. The issue will be if they're PIN based debit transactions vs. credit. I know my RCA requires credit signature type transactions.

CokeSlurpee711 said:   
debtinator said:   Could also be useful for RCAs.
  YMMV. The issue will be if they're PIN based debit transactions vs. credit. I know my RCA requires credit signature type transactions.

I haven't actually done a deposit yet, but I went through the steps and was never asked for a PIN. Would that mean it will go through as a credit transaction?

I just did this with a US Bank MC GC. I had to register my address for the card via mygiftcardsite.com for BB to allow me to add it. Then it went right through and I scheduled $100 per day for 5 days. This is great because these MCs are pain to liquidate at WalMart due to the registers always wanting to process them as credit.

^^"Change Payment" --> "Debit"^^

YMMV - various reports on FT about fraud alerts posting on BlueBird when trying to load with a prepaid debit card.

vnuts21 said:   YMMV - various reports on FT about fraud alerts posting on BlueBird when trying to load with a prepaid debit card.

I don't understand why putting money into your account would cause a fraud alert. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014