• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just recently moved into a new apartment.  Today I got something in the mail from TD Bank offering $100 to open a new account and make 15 debit card/bill pay transactions in the first 45 days.  Their only restriction to avoid monthly fees on the account is a $100 minimum daily balance, so it seems like a pretty quick and easy $100.  Here's the fine print:
TD Bank said: Offer is available to new Checking Customers only who receive this mailing. New checking account must be opened between 10/11/2013 and 12/10/2013. TD Student Checking, Commercial Checking, Small Business Checking, Private Banking, Health Savings products not eligible. Existing Checking customers not eligible. Terms and conditions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer expires on 12/10/2013.  The 15 qualifying transactions must be made within 45 days of account opening.  Qualified online bill Pays are those initiated using www.tdbank.com online banking and do not include payments initiated through other online bankoing sites or direct payments initiated by payee.  Please allow 60 days upon completing requirements to receive deposit of $100 into TD Bank Checking account.  Account must be open and active to receive deposit.  The $100 cash deposit will be reported as interest income to the IRS in the form of a 1099-INT

Doesn't seem to be any 6 month waiting period to close the account like Chase has for their similar offers.  I'm not exactly sure what triggered me receiving this mailing.  Could have been setting up mail forwarding through USPS, so you might try doing that if you have multiple addresses to work with to see if you get the offer.

Member Summary

Money Tree
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What state? Maybe your area has a recently-opened TD Bank branch? Either way, TD Convenience Checking is pretty good account with long banking hours. From the details: it looks like you need the account opened for a minimum of 3 months to complete your 15 qualifying transactions and wait 60 days from that to receive the $100 bonus.

Looks good if you're targeted. I did open a Convenience Checking account this past week. Their online application didn't have my state (California) in the drop down menu where I enter my address. I called and they let me open over the phone. They asked me to select a home branch. I said just pick a branch in New York City.

Also, no hard credit inquiry for opening a checking.

damn it.  I just finished up opening up 2 HH Accounts. I wish I have gotten this mailer. TD bank has large presence in my neighborhood.

I got this same offer when I moved into a new house last year. There is no 6 month waiting period and it was an easy $100.

This was northeastern New Jersey.

Opened the account today at a branch in Manhattan. The rep seemed pretty confused about how to "code the account" for the promotion, and had to call corporate (The mailer did not have a promotion code on it). Corporate's response was apparently to put the terms of the promotion in a note on the account. I'm now anticipating having to fight for my $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014