• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
prorata said:   I didn't "alert" anything, I doubt I am important enough to Santander Bank to affect anything. I did ask questions relevant to my account and I even asked questions about ACH etc here first, but never received a response from people who said they used Ally, so I then had to ask the bank to get an answer. Unlike others who are only competent with a red button, I've actually shared information and my experiences. If you like my information, Red away!

A quick search of this thread turned up several posts answering your question. You're right in that nobody said "I use Ally and it did/didn't work", but there's not always going to be someone else using the same combination of banks as you are. The answers you got were perfectly useful and you ignored them, so that's why the quoted post is getting red, too.

rated:
prorata said:   When I called about ACHs a few months ago, they said that bank transfers would NOT count for the bonus. I specifically asked about Ally since some had reported they were going to use that and at first the rep was not familiar with Ally (it is the new name for GMAC Bank) but she checked and confirmed that it is not eligible for a bonus. I've been sending my paycheck direct deposit to Santander and it's been working great, so just do that and you will get the nice bonus each month.

EDIT:  I love the folks who put red on accurate information, LoL!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1356214/m18425181/#m1842...

Did you read the dozen of posts on Ally prior to your post?

rated:
doveroftke said:   
prorata said:   I didn't "alert" anything, I doubt I am important enough to Santander Bank to affect anything. I did ask questions relevant to my account and I even asked questions about ACH etc here first, but never received a response from people who said they used Ally, so I then had to ask the bank to get an answer. Unlike others who are only competent with a red button, I've actually shared information and my experiences. If you like my information, Red away!

A quick search of this thread turned up several posts answering your question. You're right in that nobody said "I use Ally and it did/didn't work", but there's not always going to be someone else using the same combination of banks as you are. The answers you got were perfectly useful and you ignored them, so that's why the quoted post is getting red, too.

You are incorrect.  I never said that I ignored any post.  In this thread, giving RED means accurate information is in the post. 

And you'll notice that others have reported that Ally does not count for a direct deposit, not just me.     And I have been getting the bonus for several months now, and posted what I did to do so.

rated:
DeGlass said:   
Did you read the dozen of posts on Ally prior to your post?

Yes, thank you for asking!   

rated:
Syrex said:   Data point - 2/25 received my first $20 for doing the 2 billpays and ACH push from Ally.  March, did the same thing.  3/25 statement showed a $10 fee in checking account and no bonus in savings.  Called up rep regarding the checking account, he see the direct deposit, didn't know why system added fee and removed the fee.  I didn't want to confuse him with another question.  I waited until the $10 fee was removed and called back the next week questioning why I didn't get my bonus.  Rep tells me that the Ally transfer didn't qualify as direct deposit so I don't get that bonus, and the billpay bonus is predicated on receiving direct deposit bonus.  Anyone else had this issue recently?

This is interesting.  I will watch the account this month to be sure.

Did you ACH push in exactly $1,500 and then ACH pull back $1,500 to Ally?  If so, how long did you wait before pulling back into Ally?

rated:
I reported in several months ago, and have been using Ally since.  I got my April bonus.  I push through ally and then pull through ING Direct.  I'm thinking of closing down my account though.... at $20 a month I'm not sure it's worth tying money up, especially since they don't take so nicely to money order deposits.

rated:
>and the billpay bonus is predicated on receiving direct deposit bonus.
I was told this as well.

rated:
expired said:   >and the billpay bonus is predicated on receiving direct deposit bonus.
I was told this as well.

It's also pretty clear from the details on the offer website.

rated:
If you didnt want to tie up the money in the first place, why did you do this to begin with?

My vision for this deal is for ppl who have 1,500 - 2,000 they want to 'invest' somewhere.  This is a guaranteed (assuming the bank does not close down this deal) 12-15% per year and FDIC insured....

Thats my $.02.....enjoy. 

rated:
I'm funding the account with direct deposit from my employer, and then using the money to pay my mortgage plus a couple of bills, so at least I can pretend I'm a "regular" customer.

rated:
laurg said:   I'm funding the account with direct deposit from my employer, and then using the money to pay my mortgage plus a couple of bills, so at least I can pretend I'm a "regular" customer.

lol - good point.

rated:
k3naa said:   
BUffetologist said:   Ally deposit posted as a transfer not a direct deposit.
  Can you post exactly what the entry comes up as online from ally, both before and after the "change?"

Edit: As an datapoint, I set up a scheduled ACH transfer into my extra20 checking monthly from my pre-existing "bank" (actually a investment firm with rather robust ACH capabilities), not Ally. In about a week when my service fee period ends I will post whether I get the bonus for it or not. People, stop talking to the banks about what qualifies as direct deposit.

Just got my 2x$10 bonus with the above ach push and a couple bill pays. Fyi.

rated:
USAA push has counted as DD for me, and continues to do so.

rated:
Looks goof offer.... will credit card payments qualify for bill pay? Only utility bill I pay is electricity..what could be 2nd bill pay option?

rated:
subscribed

rated:
samandy said:   Looks goof offer.... will credit card payments qualify for bill pay? Only utility bill I pay is electricity..what could be 2nd bill pay option?
  yes credit card payments count as a bill pay. you could also make 2 payments towards your one utility bill monthly to qualify.

rated:
Hi everyone

I opened my Extra20 account on 03/19 (the first deposit into my account). I did ACH push of $1500 from Alliant, and then pulled the money back into a Chase account after 3 business days. I also did 3 bill pays after that.

I spoke to the rep mentioning that I have DD and billpays during the last one month, but I did not get the $20 deposited into my Savings. The reply I got was that the bonus gets deposited during the subsequent statement cycle. In other words she mentioned that I should see the deposit only on 05/19. Can anyone confirm if this was the experience with people here as well ?

I'm anyways going to set up true DD from my employer's ADP this week, and should have $1500 deposited during the 04-19 --> 05/19 statement cycle, so that I do not end up with unnecessary monthly fees.

Thanks!

rated:
tuxdude said:   Hi everyone

I opened my Extra20 account on 03/19 (the first deposit into my account). I did ACH push of $1500 from Alliant, and then pulled the money back into a Chase account after 3 business days. I also did 3 bill pays after that.

I spoke to the rep mentioning that I have DD and billpays during the last one month, but I did not get the $20 deposited into my Savings. The reply I got was that the bonus gets deposited during the subsequent statement cycle. In other words she mentioned that I should see the deposit only on 05/19. Can anyone confirm if this was the experience with people here as well ?

I'm anyways going to set up true DD from my employer's ADP this week, and should have $1500 deposited during the 04-19 --> 05/19 statement cycle, so that I do not end up with unnecessary monthly fees.

Thanks!

my bonus's always post the day directly after my statement cycle closes. so if your statement cycle was 3/19 to 4/19, your bonuses should've posted 4/20 in my experience.

rated:
jtownsucks46 said:   

Thanks!

my bonus's always post the day directly after my statement cycle closes. so if your statement cycle was 3/19 to 4/19, your bonuses should've posted 4/20 in my experience.

I've had bonuses not post on weekends. (4/20 was a Sunday) If you're getting the bonus I'd expect it to be pending today and available tomorrow.

rated:

Thanks!

I had the same experience, and they paid just like the rep told me they would.  I expect you will be paid twice next month the day after your statement closes.

rated:
Thanks guys for the replies.

I just saw 2 x $10 deposits for the bonus in my Pending transactions dated 04/22 I guess it takes a couple of days after the statement period closes or might be because of the weekend like devyanks50 mentioned.

Anyways this confirms that ACH from Alliant does work I'll anyways set up true DD from my employer's payroll portal (ADP), so that I do not need to transfer money back and forth every month.

Also good to see that Santander bank uses the Fiserv/Checkcorp Billpay platform which I've used at other places and is pretty good compared to Wescom.

rated:
Just wanted to verify with other people that CapOne still works for them for an ACH push. I just opened this hoping that Ally would work and it doesn't. I opened a CapOne360 savings just for this purpose.

The deposit in the log reads MyLastName, MyFirstName CAPITOLONE bunch of numbers $1500.

Will that work for an ACH Push?

My other option is a deposit from a Fidelity Brokerage Acct.

Actually modifying my payroll is a last resort. I'd like to get this Santander thing on autopilot, and then get one for my wife too.

rated:
tuxdude said:   Thanks guys for the replies.

I just saw 2 x $10 deposits for the bonus in my Pending transactions dated 04/22 I guess it takes a couple of days after the statement period closes or might be because of the weekend like devyanks50 mentioned.

Anyways this confirms that ACH from Alliant does work I'll anyways set up true DD from my employer's payroll portal (ADP), so that I do not need to transfer money back and forth every month.

Also good to see that Santander bank uses the Fiserv/Checkcorp Billpay platform which I've used at other places and is pretty good compared to Wescom.

Especially when you are a Checkfree merchant   Nice to receive the  deposit the next business day.  

rated:
Anybody got the Santander Bank accounts to work with Mint?

rated:
TheHimalayas said:   Anybody got the Santander Bank accounts to work with https://wwws.mint.com/login.event?task=L?
  Yes. I had no problem setting it up. I don't remember having to do anything other than normal.

rated:
My first $20 showed up this morning as "Pending Activity". Will be posted on 4/28/2014. Love it! I'm on autopilot with $1500 being DD from my CU. Then, paying 2 bills at $1500/mo....autopilot. Awesome.

rated:
Folks, after reading all the up's & down's about joining Santander "Extra $20 Checking", I filled out the Online App over the weekend.
Rec e-mail, We are Processing Your Application", same day.
Today, "Great News", your extra 20 checking & savings account is opened. Your Welcome Packet arriving in next 7-10 days.

I plan to "push" $1500 from Alliant CU, paying 2 bills through the BillPay and hopefully getting the $20 credited to the savings acct.
I WILL NOT inquire about the direct deposits with a telephone rep.

rated:
pattyB said:   Folks, after reading all the up's & down's about joining Santander "Extra $20 Checking", I filled out the Online App over the weekend.
Today, "Great News", your extra 20 checking & savings account is opened. Your Welcome Packet arriving in next 7-10 days.

I plan to "push" $1500 from Alliant CU, paying 2 bills through the BillPay and hopefully getting the $20 credited to the savings acct.

One more thing..  When the Welcome Packet arrives, is there anything I should be alerted?  Such as sending an ID or bill showing address, as I remember someone pointing out in a previous message.
I want to include all info together in one snail mail package.  Hopefully to avoid some of the problems that others occurred.

rated:
pattyB said:   
pattyB said:   Folks, after reading all the up's & down's about joining Santander "Extra $20 Checking", I filled out the Online App over the weekend.

One more thing..  When the Welcome Packet arrives, is there anything I should be alerted?  Such as sending an ID or bill showing address, as I remember someone pointing out in a previous message.
I want to include all info together in one snail mail package.  Hopefully to avoid some of the problems that others occurred.

The ids (2, to be more precise) need to be uploaded online.

rated:
Do you need to upload documents even though you receive the note, "Great News, your account is opened"?

rated:
pattyB said:   Do you need to upload documents even though you receive the note, "Great News, your account is opened"?

Yes, as it's a Patriot Act thing.

rated:
Hello, my name is Jose from Santander. To answer your question, we do require copies of identifying documents in many cases. We try to make it easy so that you can upload any necessary documents. This is for us to comply with know your customer and Patriot Act requirements. Thank you for considering us for your needs!

rated:
This is Jose from Santander. Our website operations team noticed a lot of activity from this forum and I wanted to answer any questions. I noticed a lot of folks asking about direct deposit requirements. Our intention is that the Extra 20 Checking Product earns your primary banking business, including income direct deposit. As payroll direct deposit (for example) is just a form of automated clearing house (ACH) deposits, we realize that our system has been categorizing many other types of ACH as a payroll type.

We will be updating our systems with better fine tuning to ensure that we pay the proper bonus to those making income direct deposits automatically without improperly categorizing miscellaneous ACH deposits and transfers. I would encourage anyone to switch their direct deposit details with their employer, retirement company, etc. to ensure that you receive the proper bonus in the near future. If you have any questions, I encourage you to contact us directly at OOPOFFICE at santanderconsumerusa.com and via Twitter @SantanderBankUS.

rated:
Josesantander said:   This is Jose from Santander. Our website operations team noticed a lot of activity from this forum and I wanted to answer any questions. I noticed a lot of folks asking about direct deposit requirements. Our intention is that the Extra 20 Checking Product earns your primary banking business, including income direct deposit. As payroll direct deposit (for example) is just a form of automated clearing house (ACH) deposits, we realize that our system has been categorizing many other types of ACH as a payroll type.

We will be updating our systems with better fine tuning to ensure that we pay the proper bonus to those making income direct deposits automatically without improperly categorizing miscellaneous ACH deposits and transfers. I would encourage anyone to switch their direct deposit details with their employer, retirement company, etc. to ensure that you receive the proper bonus in the near future. If you have any questions, I encourage you to contact us directly at OOPOFFICE at santanderconsumerusa.com and via Twitter @SantanderBankUS.

No way Jose.

rated:
DEAD FW effect

rated:

Looks like you spoke to Jose Santander.

rated:
Got my Welcome Package yesterday.
Signed the signature cards & inclosed Photo ID DL & Fed tax page showing SS# and a bill showing address.
Should be good to go now!

Hope Jose doesn't get on my case.......

rated:
Probably just a troll, I'll believe it when it happens. Although this has put me off bonuses that are monthly recurring, I'd rather just get my bonus as a lump sum.

rated:
who wouldn't

rated:
Does anyone know the rate (APY) on the extra20 savings account? I've just spent more time than I care to admit looking around their site and google to no avail, and I guess I haven't had enough money in mine to earn any interest yet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014