• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Old thread of mine on this topic is here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1288853

Some were concerned whether the deal above was legit since it was only available via a direct application link (which doesn't list the promotional bonus details).  This time around the deal is available via a working Landing Page, listing the promo details, along with a functioning "Apply Now" button (at least as of this writing).

Link to new offer (Landing Page):
http://www.marriottrewards.com/Elite70K

The page above redirects to:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/marriottpremier/70p1kshphdm/?CE...

In the event the "Apply Now" button above stops working, here's the direct application link it currently redirects to (which you'll need to Copy & Paste):
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6J05&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2RW

In addition to 70K points after $1K spend (w/in 3 months), you get a free night stay certificate (valid on category 1 - 4 hotels), 15 nights worth of stays credited towards Marriot Elite status (where 10 nights is needed for Silver Elite, so with this card you automatically become Silver Elite), and some other benefits.  Read the details on the Landing Page.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yes, it shows up as an E-Certificate on approval and then on your anniversary date.

workindev (Feb. 06, 2014 @ 3:44p) |

I also received an email the day after I applied and was instantly approved for the card. "Your free night reward from t... (more)

BingBlangBlaow (Feb. 06, 2014 @ 11:20p) |

Thanks guys.  I logged into my Marriott account again and didn't see anything on my account, and then I looked at my CC ... (more)

cpaynter (Feb. 07, 2014 @ 7:57a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is this a good deal?

AugustFour said:   is this a good deal?

The Marriott rewards page allows you to transfer the point into other reward systems' point (ie southwest rapid rewards).
70k rapid rewards points = $700 in gift cards various stores. So, spend $1000 in 3 months, get a free hotel stay and $700 in gift cards. I'd say it's a decent deal. 

In for 1 and approved instantly. $5k credit line.

evercl92 said:   

The Marriott rewards page allows you to transfer the point into other reward systems' point (ie southwest rapid rewards).
70k rapid rewards points = $700 in gift cards various stores. So, spend $1000 in 3 months, get a free hotel stay and $700 in gift cards. I'd say it's a decent deal. 

They do not transfer 1:1. More like 3:1 so the 70k pts are worth like 23k SW RR. 

evercl92 said:   

Don't spread misinformation. 

imbatman said:   
evercl92 said:   

They do not transfer 1:1. More like 3:1 so the 70k pts are worth like 23k SW RR. 

Oops. I guess I assumed they did. 

evercl92 said:   
imbatman said:   
evercl92 said:   

Oops. I guess I assumed they did. 

If they did, these Marriott cards would be a hell of a lot hotter.

Just received my card in the mail today after applying on 10/28. Got it under the 50k pts deal though... :-/

Bummed I missed out on the extra points, but the card is metal so that slightly makes up for it.

I applied before the current landing page. 70,000 isn't that bad for me because I already have a level 5 (Jensen Beach) reserved at the level 4 price. (I reserved before they increased the levels this spring.) 5 Nights at 80,000 points. (1 Night free when you reserve 4 nights with points). Marriott is currently listing my reservation for $900. So considering I'll have to buy $112.50 worth of points, and that the card comes with a free night, I'm getting about a $900 value.

I'd say most people could see a value of $500-$800 pretty easily.

This card doesn't provide the same value as it used to, but still provides a pretty competitive value for its annual fee. I don't intend to cancel it until I have trouble making good use of the annual free night.  I wouldn't rank it very high for putting spend on.

I just canceled my Marriott card about 2 months ago. Will I be denied if I apply now? My credit score probably is just above 750.

joylife99 said:   I just canceled my Marriott card about 2 months ago. Will I be denied if I apply now? My credit score probably is just above 750.
Depends on what your definition of "denied" is. You may get approved by Chase for the actual card, but YMMV on whether Chase will give you the bonus points if you previously earned a sign-up bonus on this same card (within the last ~2 years).

Interestingly, the person who informed me of this fully working offer had canceled his Marriott card earlier this year when the AF hit (perhaps in August or September). He had signed up last year under a 70K promo, yet Marriott snail mailed him an invitation (within the last 30 days) to apply for this new offer. Since he has a written solicitation from Marriott/Chase, even if Chase denies his 70K bonus, he stands a reasonable chance of having it manually applied (either by Chase or Marriott Rewards customer service) by presenting evidence of the written solicitation he recently received. He's still debating whether to apply for the card again.

70,000 BONUS POINTS: To qualify and receive your bonus, ...
This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.

I think I'll skip. I've got 50K bonus points already when I applied last year.

If you spend $2K on the card (72K total points), you can get three 5-night point-saver stays (15 nights total) at category 1 hotels.

Waited months and finally signed up wife 2 weeks ago for 50k then this 70k deal comes out 

I was a little confused on the free night certificate. The one you get right away with card is good for 1 free night Cat 1-4  but the one you get on your anniversary if 1 free night Cat 1-5.  Overall not a bad deal as long as you can get about $85 value out of the free night.  The part I like is that it gives 15 elite qualifying nights so instead of needing 50 nights for gold each year only need 35.  Obviously this card is more useful if you travel a decent amount and can stay at Marriott branded hotels.

Like CincoDeGary said, these cards are metal and weight like 2-3 times as much as other cards.  Also came with chip so easier to use internationally especially since it has no foreign transaction fees too.

So for someone who doesn't do much traveling / hotels / flights, what's the best way to make value out of these points?

I saw rewards to cash offers 0.6cents/point trade-in. Anything better than that?

Do I need "Marriott Rewards®Number"?

mysteryAgain said:   Do I need "Marriott Rewards®Number"?
  If you don't currently have one, they'll create one for you. It will appear on the front of your card

StartByServingOthers said:   I applied before the current landing page. 70,000 isn't that bad for me because I already have a level 5 (Jensen Beach) reserved at the level 4 price. (I reserved before they increased the levels this spring.) 5 Nights at 80,000 points. (1 Night free when you reserve 4 nights with points). Marriott is currently listing my reservation for $900. So considering I'll have to buy $112.50 worth of points, and that the card comes with a free night, I'm getting about a $900 value.

I'd say most people could see a value of $500-$800 pretty easily.

This card doesn't provide the same value as it used to, but still provides a pretty competitive value for its annual fee. I don't intend to cancel it until I have trouble making good use of the annual free night.  I wouldn't rank it very high for putting spend on.

If you applied within the last 90 days - email chase and ask them to bump your bonus to the current offer. You'll likely get credited the extra 20k pts

evercl92 said:   So for someone who doesn't do much traveling / hotels / flights, what's the best way to make value out of these points?

I saw rewards to cash offers 0.6cents/point trade-in. Anything better than that?

Even though I don't do much traveling / hotels / flights, once in a while I still go on a vacation with my family. I'm sure you do that too. Redeeming the points for the hotel stays sounds the best choice to me. 

Approved!!!

can points be be cashed in for cash
70000 == 700$

sanjanas1978 said:   can points be be cashed in for cash
70000 == 700$

$0.006/point --> http://rewards2cash.com/Marriott

Thank you, only wish I could transfer my 250k amex points over.

instantly approved !!! points good for stays domestic and internationally.

imbatman said:   
mysteryAgain said:   Do I need "Marriott Rewards®Number"?
  If you don't currently have one, they'll create one for you. It will appear on the front of your card

I actually went to Marriott's site, created one and then applied, supplying that number. Thanks

robstrash said:   Waited months and finally signed up wife 2 weeks ago for 50k then this 70k deal comes out 

Call them and ask to add the extra 20K points. They do this without further questions - I did this a few weeks back (also initially applied with the 50K offer).

can i buy giftcards to retail stores like WalMart Staples Macys
will 70000 == 700 in giftcards

sanjanas1978 said:   can i buy giftcards to retail stores like WalMart Staples Macys
will 70000 == 700 in giftcards

https://mr.userewards.com/merchandise/subdept.htm?c=2100001

Thanks. I will pass given that 30000 points get you 100$ giftcard so 70000 = 225$
Not worth the hassle for me.
I would rather got 50000 chase ink points for spending 3000$

Instant approval (despite doing the Southwest personal and biz deal ~6 months ago), thanks OP. I've got about 25K Marriott points in my account already from work travel this year, so I might cash turn those all into cash on R2C, but we'll see.

sanjanas1978 said:   
I would rather got 50000 chase ink points for spending 3000$

We all would. But it doesn't work that way--the spend is $5k for the Ink bonus.

good deal OP, better than the discover it card offer (ofc this is chase, not discover). got approved, thank you!

It pays to procrastinate again! Thanks for posting, OP.

The Chase Saphhire Preferred is currently doing 40k points for $3k/3mo, same chase Ultimate Rewards points and the Sapphire Preferred card also allows you to transfer points to other programs.

Also, here is a link to the Marriott point transfer details...

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

Thank you OP and thank you Chase! Just amazing...instant approval even though I have 7 other active Chase cards

Workdawg said:   The Chase Saphhire Preferred is currently doing 40k points for $3k/3mo, same chase Ultimate Rewards points and the Sapphire Preferred card also allows you to transfer points to other programs.

Also, here is a link to the Marriott point transfer details...

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

Just FYI, but Sapphire Preferred is only a $2k spend in 3 months if you sign up for it at a Chase branch.

evercl92 said:   So for someone who doesn't do much traveling / hotels / flights, what's the best way to make value out of these points?

Tell your wife, "Yes, as a matter of fact, your butt DOES look too big in those pants". 

Then stay 15 nights consecutively at a nearby Class 1 property while eating pizza nude in the bed and watching sports, before coming home begging forgiveness while claiming you were sleeping under an interstate overpass.

[dupe]

Skipping 56 Messages...
workindev said:   
imbatman said:   
cpaynter said:   So how does the "Free night stay on approval" work.  Should I expect a certificate in the mail or something?  I got my card mid-January.  There's been nothing in the various mailings I've gotten so far, unless I missed it.

Chris.

check your marriot rewards account (my account > review awards activity)
I don't have the free night from approval anymore, but the annual free night shows up as12/09/13 Reward PREMIER VISA ANNIV 1-5 HOTELS

Yes, it shows up as an E-Certificate on approval and then on your anniversary date.

Thanks guys.  I logged into my Marriott account again and didn't see anything on my account, and then I looked at my CC and saw that, even though I had entered my Marriott # when applying for the CC, they issued me a new Marriott rewards #! So my certificate was on the new account.  I called customer service, and they said it was because the name I put in for the card application (Christopher) didn't match the name on the Marriott account I entered (Chris).  So I called customer service and had them transfer the points from my old Marriott account to the new one.  All's well.  Thanks!

Chris.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014